It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: It is family and my mother brought me in this world, she can take me out! :P
jepsen1977: You could always change the name to Bates Motel and tell the guy to remember to visit your mum in the basement when he gets there - that might scare him off.
It might be a little tricky, but I'll give it some thought. :D
The postman left me a note that there's a letter I have to sign for, I must have been in the shower when he passed. It's going to be at the post office tomorrow. Being me, I have various bad scenarios running in my head of what it could be.

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Edit:
The government put some money in my bank account, it looks like I was panicking for nothing as usual, I think this means my request for a disability pension was accepted. I guess I'll know more tomorrow, including how much money I have to give back to welfare. I'm still worried but y anxiety dropped by 50%.
Post edited April 29, 2015 by justanoldgamer
I so wish to watch the 1918 "Beyond the Law", with Emmett Dalton portraying himself and a bunch of his brothers. :-/

Not available though.
Telika: I so wish to watch the 1918 "Beyond the Law", with Emmett Dalton portraying himself and a bunch of his brothers. :-/

Not available though.
the movie?

oh wait, nvm
Post edited April 30, 2015 by tinyE
This is so stupid...

Got a big customer looking for a particular add-on for a machine. Couple options they can use, I explained the two choices, and he asked me to see what I can find either way. The first option is pretty standard - it's just a matter of finding someone who has one sitting around; I remembered a guy and have been in touch.

The second option is rarely found, let alone available (this is the first one I've seen in the last 7 years of dealing with parts), and through a fluke of timing one just came open 2-3 weeks ago. Great! Sometimes things work out that way.

Since the second option is a custom unit, I asked the local dealer to talk with the owner of that item to get some photos, dimensions, etc. French-Canadian and I don't do Paris Talk, so he's the go-between. He's hemming and hawing about it. "I've seen it just a few weeks ago and can assure you it's in good shape." Okay. What are the dimensions? "One piece is 2,300mm and the other is 1,600mm." And the length? Dodges the question. There are some drop-in components that actually make the thing usable, so I asked about how many of each type were installed. "A couple of the motor units were removed but the rest of them are still in place." Great - got any photos so I can verify this? After all, I'm presenting this option to a big customer and I want to make sure the information is correct. He sends me this really crappy photo, in the dark, with saw dust in the air so it looks like a nighttime photo during a snowstorm. Can they get more photos? "Well, it's already placed up in some racking and the pieces are stacked atop each other, so they can't really get photos." Can't they pull them down? This is probably the only chance to sell these things. "They're in really good condition.... blah blah blah."

They want $2,500 for these two pieces. It would take less than an hour to get the info I need in order to sell the pieces and free up a bunch of their storage space. Are you telling me the minimal effort is not worth $2,500 an hour? Could you at least ask the customer to do this? Without that info, they aren't selling those pieces. Seems like a no-brainer.

No idea why making a 3-minute phone call is so damn difficult. Gonna try to go through a fellow tech instead. I'd be less irritated about the whole thing if the dealer wasn't the one who told me about the availability of this unit in the first damn place.
somebody should burn Microsoft to oblivion, you fuking bill gate's bitches, i dont need security on my fucking hotmail, if i wanted security i wouldnt have anything to do with microsoft, i hope you microsoft bitches all die
MrWilli: I fucking hate the goddamn education system complex in the United States and the need for them to greedy assholes. Seriously, what the fuck!

Seriously, I decided to like and live in the same student Residence hall for my final year of college to hang out with my friends before I leave for graduate school, and also because the Residence Hall I am is the least expensive out of all the options on campus.

Until today, I receive the email from the fucking Vice President of Finance and Operations*, titled "<University Name> Policy Change- All Residence Hall Students Required Meal Plan".

And it requires everyone who lives on campus, like the title says, to buy a fucking meal plan that at a minimum cost of $1,700 a semester.

The bullshit excuse?

Something about improving student performance by making us eat healthier, which is complete and utter bullshit for anyone who eats at the goddamn student cafeteria. Not only that but it is not their goddamn responsibility to make sure we eat right or not. It is up to the student own free-fucking-will to make sure whether they eat right or not, not the goddamn Vice President of FINANCE AND OPERATIOSN?**

And guess what the only exception to this is?

The student student apartments AKA the most expensive options on campus.

As a responsible citizen of the United States, I am trying to not get into too much debt so I can pay it off fast. i am planning on taking on sixty hours on work this summer to minimize my debt, like any responsible person would do.

However this does not help the students at all. In the long run this fucks us over by forcing to pile on more debt by either forcing us to buy overpriced student meal plans or living off campus in an apartment which are much more expensive.

Honestly, reasons and bullshit like this make me leaning towards going to school in places Finland or Norway for graduate school and not put up with the bullshit here.

Now excuse me while I figure out who I can share an apartment with next semester, which either are some friends I know or my brother.

* Seriously, you are going to make me believe that bullshit.
**Seriously, they are not even trying to make themselves seem to have a legitimate excuse to do this.
This is just fucking sick.
What a rotten world where you bleed students dry and tell them it's for their benefits.
Sorry that you have to take up with so much shit.
HereForTheBeer: This is so stupid...

Got a big customer looking for a particular add-on for a machine. Couple options they can use, I explained the two choices, and he asked me to see what I can find either way. The first option is pretty standard - it's just a matter of finding someone who has one sitting around; I remembered a guy and have been in touch.

The second option is rarely found, let alone available (this is the first one I've seen in the last 7 years of dealing with parts), and through a fluke of timing one just came open 2-3 weeks ago. Great! Sometimes things work out that way.

Since the second option is a custom unit, I asked the local dealer to talk with the owner of that item to get some photos, dimensions, etc. French-Canadian and I don't do Paris Talk, so he's the go-between. He's hemming and hawing about it. "I've seen it just a few weeks ago and can assure you it's in good shape." Okay. What are the dimensions? "One piece is 2,300mm and the other is 1,600mm." And the length? Dodges the question. There are some drop-in components that actually make the thing usable, so I asked about how many of each type were installed. "A couple of the motor units were removed but the rest of them are still in place." Great - got any photos so I can verify this? After all, I'm presenting this option to a big customer and I want to make sure the information is correct. He sends me this really crappy photo, in the dark, with saw dust in the air so it looks like a nighttime photo during a snowstorm. Can they get more photos? "Well, it's already placed up in some racking and the pieces are stacked atop each other, so they can't really get photos." Can't they pull them down? This is probably the only chance to sell these things. "They're in really good condition.... blah blah blah."

They want $2,500 for these two pieces. It would take less than an hour to get the info I need in order to sell the pieces and free up a bunch of their storage space. Are you telling me the minimal effort is not worth $2,500 an hour? Could you at least ask the customer to do this? Without that info, they aren't selling those pieces. Seems like a no-brainer.

No idea why making a 3-minute phone call is so damn difficult. Gonna try to go through a fellow tech instead. I'd be less irritated about the whole thing if the dealer wasn't the one who told me about the availability of this unit in the first damn place.
I'd be careful, if they're dodging your requests, there might be a catch...
Post edited May 01, 2015 by jdsgn
I just realised something horrible.

I... I don't like ghostbusters 2 very much ...
Telika: I just realised something horrible.

I... I don't like ghostbusters 2 very much ...
At least Ghostbusters 2 helped bring around more awareness for Ecto Cooler, probably the greatest sugar filled confection of liquid goodness that has ever been created by man.

If I had a gallon or two of that stuff sitting around, well... there would be a lot less to bitch about.
30 plus hours I had in that jigsaw puzzle. My cat destroyed in in less than a minute.
I love my life and depressions are so much fun...
Skype wanted to install an update. Ok, do it.

Skype restarts, but gets no connection.
Visual Studio crashes. Happens sometimes, but trying to restart it gains me "Not a valid executable, remove link?" WTF *I NEED TO GET WORK DONE HERE!*
Ctrl-Alt-Del... "Logon screen encountered a problem and crashed".
Explorer crashed.

Trying to shut down the computer gives me a black screen and a mouse cursor (still working *yay*).

Forced power off.

After the restart at least Visual Studio starts *phew!*. Want to recover the solution? You bet I want! Erm, one moment - this is a week old. Where's my work?! At least the repository still had my files. Lost only half an hour of work.

But really MS... Skype update = near apocalypse?!
toxicTom: Skype wanted to install an update. Ok, do it.

Skype restarts, but gets no connection.
Visual Studio crashes. Happens sometimes, but trying to restart it gains me "Not a valid executable, remove link?" WTF *I NEED TO GET WORK DONE HERE!*
Ctrl-Alt-Del... "Logon screen encountered a problem and crashed".
Explorer crashed.

Trying to shut down the computer gives me a black screen and a mouse cursor (still working *yay*).

Forced power off.

After the restart at least Visual Studio starts *phew!*. Want to recover the solution? You bet I want! Erm, one moment - this is a week old. Where's my work?! At least the repository still had my files. Lost only half an hour of work.

But really MS... Skype update = near apocalypse?!
Yep,any update can screw up the works.
gunsynd: Yep,any update can screw up the works.
Well Skype is supposed to be a little IM/Phone program. It's not supposed to mess with the OS's system files and processes at all.

Makes me wonder if it was made in Fort Meade, Maryland.
gunsynd: Yep,any update can screw up the works.
toxicTom: Well Skype is supposed to be a little IM/Phone program. It's not supposed to mess with the OS's system files and processes at all.

Makes me wonder if it was made in Fort Meade, Maryland.
Microsoft,sneaky.....