It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Soccorro: Got into the bus today and got a ticket for kids...I'm 21. Got to work and was sent to a new area. They saw me and told me i'm too young to be there...again, i'm 21! I also had this problem when i first went to my temp agency. "Are you looking for someone?" Me: "I'm here for the interview at *time*. "Sorry but you have to be at least 18 years old to work for us". I feel like i have to glue my ID-card onto my forehead.
Trust me, when you are 38 and get carded for buying beer you won't be upset, you will be flattered. :D It used to bother me looking like a little kid until I saw some of the people I went to high school with, guys that were super young and handsome. Now they are bald fat old men and in a room together most people think they are my parents.
I think it wasn't until I turned 25 that I didn't get mistaken for a teenager. Whenever I went to buy alcohol they would go over my ID three or four times and then quiz me on things contained on it. At 40 I don't have that problem anymore, but like tinyE I look younger than my peers.
Finally moved into new place on Monday with my landlords. Quite surprised. Place is rather lovely. Worth about $$$xxxxxxxx. Quite shocked actually. Nice roomy. I get along with the extra nice family ok but at same time will take some getting used to as im not the most social person (i can be but not comfortable). Only downside is the 15 minute walk (i dont drive) to any shops (premise place was literally a 5 minute walk - very convenient). Also been in a mood of eating very irregularly.Not sure why. I know part of reason is i dont like cooking in front of others..or others trying out my foods (apparently my cooking smells great LOL). Other thing is feel confused . Not sure why. maybe getting used to new place and integrating myself with the people im living with? (im used to living by myself or having minimal contact with other tenants etc...)
Niggles: Finally moved into new place on Monday with my landlords. Quite surprised. Place is rather lovely. Worth about $$$xxxxxxxx. Quite shocked actually. Nice roomy. I get along with the extra nice family ok but at same time will take some getting used to as im not the most social person (i can be but not comfortable). Only downside is the 15 minute walk (i dont drive) to any shops (premise place was literally a 5 minute walk - very convenient). Also been in a mood of eating very irregularly.Not sure why. I know part of reason is i dont like cooking in front of others..or others trying out my foods (apparently my cooking smells great LOL). Other thing is feel confused . Not sure why. maybe getting used to new place and integrating myself with the people im living with? (im used to living by myself or having minimal contact with other tenants etc...)
HEY! This is the bitch about life thread. Take your tales of good fortune elsewhere, Sir! There is no bathroom here. There is no smiles here and put that cookie down, now!
Post edited May 03, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Had difficulties sleeping. Missed exam registration. Severed earphone cord. Cut thumb with knife. Tired.
Today I was at the library getting some info updated and the librarian asked me if I was using the library for school (it's attached to a college) and I was like uh.. no, I'm 30. But it did improve the day a bit.

Recently I bought a new place, as with Niggles I used to live basically on top of local shops and restaurants, now it's a 30min walk. It's taking quite a while to get used to the differences to the point that I'm missing my old, noisy, small apartment.
Today at work, i thoguth i was doing my job, when suddenly a coworker approached me asked me if everything is ok. i said of course and i wanted to know why she was asking. she told me, that i have been completely "away" for about 10 minutes. I don't remember such a thing. Maybe i should have my head checked. I've noticed, that i'm forgetting everything i have done a couple of seconds ago. I think my Supervisor noticed that too. My key card didn't work, when i tried to leave the building. i hope it's no dismissal.
I ran into an insane atheist yesterday.

I was illegally riding the subway with my bike, minding my own business (the day started splendidly; at the turnstiles, I was told "hey you with the bike [oh shit she's gonna call the cops on me and I'll miss the event], use the cargo shutters"), while all of a sudden at one of those open-air stretches of not-subway, a woman rushes into the car and starts shouting,
"GENTLE PEOPLE! PLEASE HELP! GENTLE PEOPLE! PLEASE HEAR ME OUT!"
(This is the standard subway beggar formula. Except it's 6:30 am on a holiday at a branch so remote it's open-air, so, not exactly conducive to begging.)
"YOU MUST HELP ME REVEAL THE TRUTH! PLEASE, GENTLE PEOPLE! YOU MUST HELP ME GET ON TV!"
uh wut

Long story short, the gist of her plea was that she has evidence God doesn't exist, and the evil conspiratorial priests are lying about God while casting evil spells and magically inflicting various misfortunes on people to make them pray to the priests' fictional God for deliverance and thus steal the magic of pure faith, and she wanted to get on TV to reveal the conspiracy.

The sad truth is that if she miraculously does, it won't be all that different from the "documentaries" official state TV already shows after the morning news segment.
Starmaker: I ran into an insane atheist yesterday.

I was illegally riding the subway with my bike, minding my own business (the day started splendidly; at the turnstiles, I was told "hey you with the bike [oh shit she's gonna call the cops on me and I'll miss the event], use the cargo shutters"), while all of a sudden at one of those open-air stretches of not-subway, a woman rushes into the car and starts shouting,
(This is the standard subway beggar formula. Except it's 6:30 am on a holiday at a branch so remote it's open-air, so, not exactly conducive to begging.)
"YOU MUST HELP ME REVEAL THE TRUTH! PLEASE, GENTLE PEOPLE! YOU MUST HELP ME GET ON TV!"
uh wut

Long story short, the gist of her plea was that she has evidence God doesn't exist, and the evil conspiratorial priests are lying about God while casting evil spells and magically inflicting various misfortunes on people to make them pray to the priests' fictional God for deliverance and thus steal the magic of pure faith, and she wanted to get on TV to reveal the conspiracy.

The sad truth is that if she miraculously does, it won't be all that different from the "documentaries" official state TV already shows after the morning news segment.
This sounds alot like my DMV day a few months back, where this insane religious nut was quietly handling out pamplets by the front door, and only a minute later was preaching loudly how we are all sinners and will go to hell, and society is corrupt and gay people, blah blah blah. I was dissapointed security didn't haul his ass offsite >_>
Starmaker: I ran into an insane atheist yesterday.

uh wut

Briareos262: I was dissapointed security didn't haul his ass offsite >_>
Why? He wasn't hurting anyone. I enjoy seeing people like that outside. Good entertainment. Some spice added to the insanely boring corporate American environment we live in. +1 for the person if he or she is wearing a tin foil space suit.
Post edited May 04, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Briareos262: I was dissapointed security didn't haul his ass offsite >_>
monkeydelarge: Why? He wasn't hurting anyone. I enjoy seeing people like that outside. Good entertainment. Some spice added to the insanely boring corporate American environment we live in. +1 for the person if he or she is wearing a tin foil space suit.
valid point, normally nut jobs do entertain quite well. It was the morning hours though, I was tired, moody, and cranky, and had to get there 30-40 minutes before the DMV opened, otherwise I would have wasted at least half the day =P
monkeydelarge: Why? He wasn't hurting anyone. I enjoy seeing people like that outside. Good entertainment. Some spice added to the insanely boring corporate American environment we live in. +1 for the person if he or she is wearing a tin foil space suit.
Briareos262: valid point, normally nut jobs do entertain quite well. It was the morning hours though, I was tired, moody, and cranky, and had to get there 30-40 minutes before the DMV opened, otherwise I would have wasted at least half the day =P
I think as long as they are outside and not in restaurants, movie theaters, fast food places, stores and work places, they provide free entertainment in a Youtube epic fail kind of way. :)
Post edited May 04, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Briareos262: valid point, normally nut jobs do entertain quite well. It was the morning hours though, I was tired, moody, and cranky, and had to get there 30-40 minutes before the DMV opened, otherwise I would have wasted at least half the day =P
monkeydelarge: I think as long as they are outside and not in restaurants, movie theaters, fast food places, stores and work places, they provide free entertainment in a Youtube epic fail kind of way. :)
well......I work retail so I've seen all sorts of crazy very funny sh*t. Mostly in store, occasionally in fast food joints, and one time at the animal shelter. Living in a city its a almost daily occurrence of nut jobs ^_^
monkeydelarge: I think as long as they are outside and not in restaurants, movie theaters, fast food places, stores and work places, they provide free entertainment in a Youtube epic fail kind of way. :)
Briareos262: well......I work retail so I've seen all sorts of crazy very funny sh*t. Mostly in store, occasionally in fast food joints, and one time at the animal shelter. Living in a city its a almost daily occurrence of nut jobs ^_^
I guess if you live in a city, nut jobs stop being entertaining after awhile and become just annoying,
Briareos262: well......I work retail so I've seen all sorts of crazy very funny sh*t. Mostly in store, occasionally in fast food joints, and one time at the animal shelter. Living in a city its a almost daily occurrence of nut jobs ^_^
monkeydelarge: I guess if you live in a city, nut jobs stop being entertaining after awhile and become just annoying,
Oh no, not at all. they are still very entertaining, its just occasionally I find them annoying,