It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Adzeth: Oh man, muscle cramps can hurt a lot. I forgot my painkillers at my mother's house, and there's no way I'll start a journey to a pharmacist with a cramp when it's this cold outside. Been trying to warm it up, but the bastard just doesn't want to stop hurting. It's actually spreading.

I 'm beginning to feel like screaming a bit..
My lower right abdomen has been Doing that since december 2011 NONSTOP!! the doctors say stripped colon, torn abdominal wall and Constipation WTFBBQ NONSTOP PAIN SINCE DEC 2011 WTF started out being a slight electric shock up from appendix area feeling like it was ripping a piece of my LIVER OUT!! the electric shock went back down and across to the left side lower abdomen now a days it feels like a Searing HOT LUMP OF COAL is SITTING IN MY RIGHT HIP SEARING my COLON AWAY?!? doctors say stripped bowel, torn abs and FUCKING CONSTIPATION!! WTF... just Pressed around on my stomach said it wasn't APPENDICITIS and not to worry myself about it, Right now it feels as though there is METAL WIRE STABBED THROUGH MY LOWER RIGHT ABDOMEN INTO MY COLON!! and it's quite funny how I can shit normally? sometimes if I strain too much I split my bowels and they BLEED! I know it's not from my colon because I feel my anus splitting open and stinging and then getting incredibly itchy and the blood is dark red not light red I have burgundy blood.

Oh geez I dunno maybe I'm fucking dying..and nobody gives a shit.
Post edited January 26, 2013 by fr33kSh0w2012
@poor souls with muscle cramps
May I ask how much water do you drink a day? When I don't drink enough for several days I get sural cramps too. Maybe it would help you to drink at least 2 liters a day.

EDIT:
Magnesium tablets also could be helpful.
Post edited January 26, 2013 by viperfdl
viperfdl: @poor souls with muscle cramps
May I ask how much water do you drink a day? When I don't drink enough for several days I get sural cramps too. Maybe it would help you to drink at least 2 liters a day.

EDIT:
Magnesium tablets also could be helpful.
I've had time to try all kinds of things. Magnesium tablets among them, and they didn't help, and since someone suggested dehydration, I went a few months drinking a liter of mineral water every day on top of what I normally drink. I even took part in some healthy exercising stuff. I've been to doctors, physiotherapists and even a naprapath. At some point I came to the conclusion that I'll probably just have to deal with it, and I've found some things that help. It almost feels like it's connected to the weather now, as I've felt like it always happens when the outside temperature drops a lot and fast.

/edit: Thanks for the concern/suggestion, though. I ranted mostly just to state that I've done all kinds of things to get rid of it, and it has become quite rare in comparison to what it used to be thanks to some preventive measures I and others have come up with (like wearing shoes inside, that's probably the one that helped the most).
Post edited January 26, 2013 by Adzeth
Have the nasty strain of the norovirus. Puking sucks, plus my fever keeps going up and I'm getting close to the point where I'll be loopy. I really don't want to go to the ER, but I may be in for a trip. I wish I could just bull through it.
Mooom, I don't wanna go to school. I just want to read comics all day!

Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall asleep again. Now I'm feeling super unmotivated.

/edit: "Come on, you'll just fall asleep during the lectures. You should play video games! Read comics!" say the tired whispers in my head. Can even the most valiant tired student resist succumbing to such overbearing temptations? Activate the Anti Fun Shields! Pew pew!
Post edited January 28, 2013 by Adzeth
This girl that I ACTUALLY thought was into me since early October just friend-zoned me tonight over facebook. Relationships fucking suck, eh?
Post edited January 30, 2013 by ggf162
Gah, been outside most of the day, now my arms and neck are sunburnt as hell... ouch!
Well, that was a funny scare.
The computer I was writing my bachelor's thesis on went bonkers.
"Ha, luckily I am smart and back up my work!" he said, and picked up the USB stick on his desk.
The USB stick is corrupted. Enter "AAAARGH" mode.
"Hey, this isn't the USB I used to back up my thesis"
...and so I found the stick I used and it's okay. Now I've backed it up EVERYWHERE.

Anyway, everything's cool. Except that I'll have to reinstall Linux on that computer. Remember kids, don't fiddle and tinker with your work Linux system if you don't know what you're doing, and back up your stuff!
Someone close (who im sceptical about) to me is coming to work here for a while next month.I should feel happy, but, there has been so many inconsistencies over the years ive known her, im taking this with lots of caution :/.
Had some problems with the wireless router this morning not working at all, not even getting an IP from the modem. Couldn't even go into the router settings page. Resetting to factory conditions didn't work the first few times, but eventually it did. Dodged a small bullet.

It's weird. Every problem I encounter seems solvable in some capacity, but when the internet stops working it's like all hell has broken loose.
hit321: I'm tired. =\
tinyE: Get some rest; you've got the World Cup next year!
Hahaha, oh yeah. But I hate work.....but I like to work in what I just am working....not to others....and what THEY need....I'm tired to work for others.
Have been getting offers as a travel writer. However I just changed my job and it has been barely two months so I can't change....
Post edited January 28, 2013 by Lionel212008
DukeNukemForever: I know there is still a place for java on the machine for local programs, but for safety reasons it's highly recommended to switch it off in the browsers. With Sun bought up by Oracle it seems they have big trouble to fix all the bugs just in time, it seems there are constantly security vulnerabilities.
Awww shit, I didn't realize it is _this_ bad:

http://www.javatester.org/ (the site where I have normally just identified the java version I'm running has lately become a place to bitch about Java invulnerabilities. I don't recall it being like this before?)

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/01/critical-java-vulnerabilies-confirmed-in-latest-version/

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2013/Jan/142

And this?

http://www.zdnet.com/a-close-look-at-how-oracle-installs-deceptive-software-with-java-updates-7000010038/

Oracle, what the heck? I guess I should really start pushing the bank to abandon Java on their online bank, or just jump ship to another bank (but I feel moving my small remaining house loan etc. may be a bit of hassle etc.).

mondo84: Had some problems with the wireless router this morning not working at all, not even getting an IP from the modem. Couldn't even go into the router settings page. Resetting to factory conditions didn't work the first few times, but eventually it did. Dodged a small bullet.
Hmm, I had exactly the same problem like a week or two ago. I couldn't even get to the settings page of my ADSL router, and in my case it wouldn't even reset. So I considered it dead.

I didn't feel like spending even $40 for a new ADSL router, I felt my ISP would say it was a power spike that killed it, and their homepage says the warranty does not cover that.

But it turned out my ISP is supercool. When I explained the problem, they just reaffirmed that the box seems to be broken, and told they will send a new one ASAP, which they did (in two working days). So far they haven't even asked to get back the broken one, even though they said they will send details on how to return it to them.

Ok, I guess they want to be nice anyway to a monthly paying customer who doesn't even torrent-pirate SW all day long with his home line.
Post edited January 29, 2013 by timppu
DukeNukemForever: I know there is still a place for java on the machine for local programs, but for safety reasons it's highly recommended to switch it off in the browsers. With Sun bought up by Oracle it seems they have big trouble to fix all the bugs just in time, it seems there are constantly security vulnerabilities.
timppu: Awww shit, I didn't realize it is _this_ bad:
[snip]
Oracle, what the heck? I guess I should really start pushing the bank to abandon Java on their online bank, or just jump ship to another bank (but I feel moving my small remaining house loan etc. may be a bit of hassle etc.).
It's sad, because from the layout java isn't that badly thought out regarding security issues. For me it's really Oracles fault to manage and react in the right way. May I suggest you use an browser extension like NoScript that java only activates on chosen sites. Also maybe a portable browser version especially for online-banking would be nice. I know that's not a perfect solution.
Post edited January 29, 2013 by DukeNukemForever
Now this is annoying.

On friday, I ordered upgrades for my laptop (it's a few years old, so it's due for one), 8GB of RAM and a nice shiny 256GB SSD to replace the 2GB RAM and 320 GB HDD currently in it. The things arrived today, and I haven't started the machine since friday (lets face it, when I am at home with the tower available, I prefer to use that most of the time), though if I were intelligent, I probably would have to copy what little is stored only there and prepare it for the upgrade.

After fetching the parts from the post office and switching the RAM, I powered on the machine to do said preparation, and... I'm greeted with a black screen and beep-beepbeepbeep-beepbeepbeep-beep. Oh, f*ck. On to the 'net to look up error beeps for a Lenovo Thinkpad R500, "1-3-3-1 means memory or system board error", it says. The memory I just got is broken? Can't be that the board can't handle the speed of the new sticks since they're the same as the old one. Switch back the old stick, same error. Motherboard broken? Oh, f*ck. Ebay says a "new" (read second-hand/refurbished) system board is almost the same price as the combined price of the RAM and SSD I just got, 230-250 USD, and there are only two sellers.
Post edited January 29, 2013 by Miaghstir