It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sebek: Just broke up with a girl...again...Beer is good (-:
Sorry to hear it. On the tequila atm myself...
I have been sick since April 4th. As of today that is 26 fucking days in a row.

It's bronchitis or some kind of sinus infection. The doctors here gave me antibiotics which didn't do shit. I go in tomorrow to see if they can do something else.

On top of the physical issue it also makes me miss work and stay in the house most days, which makes me feel mentally blah and stressed from being overseas without communication abilities and missing work.

All in all not a good situation.
I bought a 2TB hard drive the other week. Transferred my System drive and Steam directory to it. The drive decided to die BADLY two days later. Couldn't recover it at all, no matter what I tried or what programs I used... 465GB of Steam and Desura games down the drain. Thank God for my system drive backup or I would of lost Windows 7 too

On to the bitchy bit... Reinstalled Steam and downloaded a few games. Realised the saves for all of them are on C:\ so life was good. till I decided to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution. My game time was 55 fucking hours into it before the previous HDD died and when I loaded it up and went to load my save... it wasn't there. It's the only game that puts it's saves in the Steam directory >:(

Also, screw you Optusnet and your lies! ADSL2+ is not 154kb/sec you fucking arseholes! I complain to them and they say it's like that during peak times because the exchange is congested... but from my experience so far peak time is ALL the bloody time except between 1am till 4 or 5am -_- Thank God I'm out of contract

*rages*
shane-o: I bought a 2TB hard drive the other week.
I know it's not the most important thing right now, but which one was it?

Also, reminded me of the end of this video.
So, later today I go to a nice little bbq. That is, if I can find a boat that will drive me there. The worst weather in weeks...
AlKim: I know it's not the most important thing right now, but which one was it?

Also, reminded me of the end of this video.
Western Digital WDC_WD20EARX-00PASB0

It turned out when I went for warranty there was a chip out of the side of the sata power connector on the drive

Other than that, the replacement drive is fantastic. I've always bought Western Digital drives

EDIT: LMFAO at the video!!
Post edited May 05, 2012 by shane-o
shane-o: till I decided to play Deus Ex: Human Revolution. My game time was 55 fucking hours into it before the previous HDD died and when I loaded it up and went to load my save... it wasn't there. It's the only game that puts it's saves in the Steam directory >:(
Deus Ex HR is the only game I can name out of my head that uses the so called "steam cloud" to store it's save games. I usually shut down steam when I quit a game. Every time I did this after running Deus Ex HR steam took it's time to synchronize the save games. I expected the save games to magically pop up again in a case like yours...
What's a fresh grad who wants to continue with his studies, but is unable to due to a shit GPA, to do? Fuck postmodernism.
I'm broke as usual, and my phone decided it's good time to start acting retarded...I hope it's just SD card dying. But on the other hand I bought SanDisk one so I don't have to think about it, and yet looks like I have to. -.-
Yesterday was horrible.

In Chronological order of which things happened or I found out about them.

1. My training class spent most of the day fucking around instead of actually doing work. I guess normally a "free day" is desirable, but I'm so fucking pumped to start working.

2. MCA died, for those of you who don't know, he was a member of the Beastie Boys, I happen to really love the Beastie Boys, and I never once got to see them perform. Cancer took is life at age 47.

3. The mother of my children took my kids to Colorado. She says she did it out of desperation and is wanting to move back, but wanting and trying are two different things.

4. She lied about some of the reasons for the move and was generally frustrating.

5. A good friend of mine, who I used to work with and go drinking with, passed away. Cancer took his life at the age of 32. He leaves behind his wife and daughter.

Last night I tried drinking myself into a pool of vomit, but couldn't manage to drink more than two fingers of gin.

I saw the Avengers movie with a good lady friend of mine, but had to disappoint her by not spending the night. I was too angry.
Weclock: 3. The mother of my children took my kids to Colorado. She says she did it out of desperation and is wanting to move back, but wanting and trying are two different things.

4. She lied about some of the reasons for the move and was generally frustrating.
She literally cannot do that, legally, as far as I know. File some papers.
I'm broke . Paid $191 . :(
My girlfriend either has a split personality or is possessed by a demon periodically. Neither prospect is very fun...especially when "whatever she is" physically injures my girlfriend...
Weclock: 3. The mother of my children took my kids to Colorado. She says she did it out of desperation and is wanting to move back, but wanting and trying are two different things.

StingingVelvet: She literally cannot do that, legally, as far as I know. File some papers.
SV, you are absolutely correct in the legal sense. In practice the judge will most likely issue an order to return and if she ignores it no enforcement will happen.

Now, sometimes you can get the order enforced, so it's worth doing. I'm just noting that it doesn't typically turn out that way (not to be confused with the father, fathers that ignore orders typically end up in handcuffs and with a free ride downtown).
A_Future_Pilot: My girlfriend either has a split personality or is possessed by a demon periodically. Neither prospect is very fun...especially when "whatever she is" physically injures my girlfriend...
I'm sorry to be a jackass, but bullshit. The disorder to which you're referring is excruciatingly rare and you have better odds of winning the lottery than to be dating a sufferer of said disorder. Don't make excuses for her bad fucking behavior. If she's being an asshole it's just because she doesn't have the human decency to not be an asshole. She should be accorded the courtesy of a polite goodbye and then left to her own devices. Clearly you're not "the one" to help get her past this, she's doing it while you're around and you may even be a habitual "trigger" for some of the bad behavior.

TLDR: Fuck her for being an ass, seriously, she doesn't have a disease, she's just acting poorly. Don't make excuses for her.
Post edited May 07, 2012 by orcishgamer
I know how rare it is...but that doesn't change the fact that she does happen to be the 1 in whatever ridiculously large number it is that has it. Like I said...either that or a demon.

Part of it is that her split personality never does anything mean to me at all...only freakin jacks her up. (Like she'll come to with bruises and cuts and junk all over her...)

And there is a very distinct difference in the two. Everything from their laugh to their grin to their tone of voice...they're entirely different people.