It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AcidFlux: No offense, but:

Why are people leaving such crappy games? Can't you all see we're killing this thread slowly as we fill the list with such really bad stuff?

Do an effort you all to try to leave something better.

I could have left games I know noone will ever play and get some decent stuff when I did past trades here, but I knew that would only end up in a premature death of this very nice thread.

Let's all work together on this, shall we?

Just my two cents ;)
Tallima: The original idea was to leave a game of relatively equal value. Things like this:

"I would like to take Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (steam) and leave Fortrix 2 (Steam) if thats alright. :)" (no offense, I'm just making an example) is a stellar nonequality (among others).

Getting a $14.99 game for $1.99 is getting 7.5 times the value of the game given. Now, a $19.99 for a $24.99 or a $5.99 for a $1.99 game isn't a huge a deal to me. But you start going into huge dispariges and it just flushes the good games off the spreadsheet and replaces them with worse games (Fortix 2, by the way, I find very fun :D).

I've considered remaking this thread and saying you have to stay within $5 or 25% or so (or above) of the normal Steam value. Maybe it's a rule we should consider.

From what's on the list now, I think most people can say it's safe to flush most them (there are a few decent games on there still, though).
my 2 cents-
all(or almost all) games there from bundles so real price for any of them 1-2$,so not big difference for owners i think
,maybe problem that for ppls easier just trade for game he like idk,also i see that desura service not very popular so maybe just make trades desura-desura,steam-steam.
wildys: my 2 cents-
all(or almost all) games there from bundles so real price for any of them 1-2$,so not big difference for owners i think
,maybe problem that for ppls easier just trade for game he like idk,also i see that desura service not very popular so maybe just make trades desura-desura,steam-steam.
that doesn't change the fact :

leaving a 3 or 4 dollar game (real price) and taking a 9 or 10 dollar one, isn't really fair.

i always tried to match the real price game , by leaving 2 games or more if the price difference is too high.

that's just a question to be fair or not.
Post edited September 16, 2014 by DyNaer
DyNaer: that doesn't change the fact :

leaving a 3 or 4 dollar game (real price) and taking a 9 or 10 dollar one, isn't really fair.

i always tried to match the real price game , by leaving 2 games or more if the price difference is too high.

that's just a question to be fair or not.
Not to mention that there were a lot of free games for awhile...Gun Monkeys is even marked as not legitimate(Gun Monkeys(Steam Gift)(Not Allowed: GivenAway in past mass giveaways) and yet its still sitting there.

I only traded one game for a bundle game, and granted, mine is still sitting there (Earth 2140) but I would feel terribly guilty dropping off, say, a copy of Bad Rats and taking something like Shovel Knight.
I will leave Receiver here for FREE
https://www.humblebundle.com/?gift=Ddtbe7zDkGeXn7pG
Tallima: The original idea was to leave a game of relatively equal value.
Really? When did it say that? cmdr_flashheart's OP doesn't say anything about this.

To me, this thread is about giveaways not trading. Tallying about values goes against the giveaway spirit imo. And as someone said, these games likely all come from bundles anyway.
Tallima: The original idea was to leave a game of relatively equal value.
KoreaBeat: Really? When did it say that? cmdr_flashheart's OP doesn't say anything about this.

To me, this thread is about giveaways not trading. Tallying about values goes against the giveaway spirit imo. And as someone said, these games likely all come from bundles anyway.
Here's a reference:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/takeonegiveone_giveaway_thread/post55

I could swear it used to say it had to be approximately equal. And this post looks like it's up to the giver to police the equality rule. But at some point, either the rule was removed or perhaps it never fully became a rule.

This looks like the rules were pulled back a lot: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/takeonegiveone_giveaway_thread/post77

I think some (myself included) want this to be a take-one-leave-one-of-similar-value to trade keys. Some want it to be a take-something-and-leave-something giveaway thread. I can see how both views evolved out of this.
Post edited September 16, 2014 by Tallima
There was already some discussion about this a few weeks ago, I myself hadn't remembered when the thread actually had higher end "better" games! But looking back, it actually did.

I'd like to see a gog games only take one leave one but I'm sure someone would say that's unneeded and redundant.
Although finding one on here will take you a while.

There's also going to sometimes be a gog one in a bundle, so I guess we'd get flooded with that unless there is a limit on duplicate games?

As far as the example given though, that flashpoint game was mine, and it did come from a bundle as well, and I was happy to see someone get it that wanted it.
Anyway:

Current list is full of very bad games

In few words this thread has become a "Take a Hugo Boss Tuxedo and leave your Right Sock With A Hole (Left Sock is long lost!)"

Let's start to be honest with ourselves. This thread is dead since noone is willing to leave good games. For instance, I could leave Legend of Grimrock now and you'll see how the Vultures will start saying: "I would like to take Legend of Grimrock and leave Torchlight GoG" ¬¬

So yeah, I support the motion now:

Make it a "trade for equal value (or at least 75% of price) and NO games part of a giveaway allowed"

Lame since people can't just use "Common Sense" and do something so easy like, for instance, every transaction I made was thinking I'm taking a game I really want to play, let's leave a game I know other people WOULD REALLY LIKE TO PLAY

Some of the trades I've made (preach with your example, my mama says) which are all games other people have already taken!:

AcidFlux: Taking Men of War : Red Tide and leaving Divine Divinity STEAM
AcidFlux: Taking Paranautical Activity and leaving BioShock STEAM
AcidFlux: Taking Red Orchestra Thanks and well, leaving Overlord and Raising Hell DLC
Post edited September 17, 2014 by AcidFlux
No matter what, I see bundled keys .. the games here have come from a $1.00 tier so it was only a matter of time until the no appeal games from the bundles are the only ones on that list...For what its worth, the major produced titles like Divine Divinity is 12 years old and Bioshock/Overlord are 7 years old..hardly worth arguing they hold high value because steam has an inflated price for it when not bundled
I see the arguement for the last few posts here being in the same vein as Groupees suggested price of $5.00 for 2 games but you can change the price to meet $1.50 minimum for 2 games...
Even the post aboves me references Torchlight GoG as basically being a joke to offer up in trade...so if it is not worth the $14.99 GoG is asking to use for trading, then how can anything else be justified as retaining their value beyond that of a bundled game? Only an example to show point that it is insanity for a bundled key or a free game to hold any value.
A few rules I remember seeing were desura for desura steam for steam, no free games
Post edited September 17, 2014 by buckstone
Since the majority of these games aren't that good, how about I take something and throw in something half-decent?

triock: I'll take Chime and leave Road so far (Desura).
Could I take Road so Far and leave Realms of the Haunting(Steam)?
Post edited September 17, 2014 by Exoanthrope
Exoanthrope: Could I take Road so Far and leave Realms of the Haunting(Steam)?
PM sent
triock: PM sent
Thank you. :)
list updated.
I don't think the idea is to take or leave the witcher III it is to take SOMEthing and leave SOMEthing. as long as a game I have anextra cose is being asked for by someone who wants to play it, I feel I have added value to the thread. Likewise the game I take was assumed to be a leftover from someone else.

As to a GOG version of this concept there is a thread about that that broke down into discussion and to my knowledge not one game was ever left to be taken.
Exoanthrope: Since the majority of these games aren't that good, how about I take something and throw in something half-decent?

triock: I'll take Chime and leave Road so far (Desura).
Exoanthrope: Could I take Road so Far and leave Realms of the Haunting(Steam)?
I will take Realms of the Haunting and leave Combat Wings: Battle of Britain.
KoreaBeat: I will take Realms of the Haunting and leave Combat Wings: Battle of Britain.
PM sent.