It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
The last five or six comments don't make any sense to me and I cannot stop laughing :D
Mazix7: The last five or six comments don't make any sense to me and I cannot stop laughing :D
That doesn't make any sense.
Mazix7: The last five or six comments don't make any sense to me and I cannot stop laughing :D
Lemon_Curry: That doesn't make any sense.
Mwaaaahaaahaaa it's interesting to know how you made the connection :) It wasn't that creepy :D
Is 2K and Take 2 the same company?
smrtgi19: Is 2K and Take 2 the same company?
Yes.

Edit: Okay, more precisely it's a subsidiary of Take Two. Rockstar Games is also a subsidiary of Take Two but not part of 2k.
Post edited May 27, 2016 by F4LL0UT
The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops: The Line are now being sold off at the pay what you want-tier on Humble for the second time. Douche Nukem Forever is the third PWYW-game (previously it was Bioshock). Any chance these will launch on gog any time soon? 2K will probably want to wait with Bioshock until they can sell the "redux"-collection at full price, but Spec Ops and the Duke (including the games that were pulled by Gearbox) would make for a nice addition, considering each of them would see their DRM-free premiere.
fronzelneekburm: (including the games that were pulled by Gearbox)
These will be self-published by Gearbox, likely when they will be done with their own port of Duke Nukem 3D.
fronzelneekburm: The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops: The Line are now being sold off at the pay what you want-tier on Humble for the second time. Douche Nukem Forever is the third PWYW-game (previously it was Bioshock). Any chance these will launch on gog any time soon? 2K will probably want to wait with Bioshock until they can sell the "redux"-collection at full price, but Spec Ops and the Duke (including the games that were pulled by Gearbox) would make for a nice addition, considering each of them would see their DRM-free premiere.
Yes, but they are all steam keys.
fronzelneekburm: The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops: The Line are now being sold off at the pay what you want-tier on Humble for the second time. Douche Nukem Forever is the third PWYW-game (previously it was Bioshock). Any chance these will launch on gog any time soon? 2K will probably want to wait with Bioshock until they can sell the "redux"-collection at full price, but Spec Ops and the Duke (including the games that were pulled by Gearbox) would make for a nice addition, considering each of them would see their DRM-free premiere.
I'm going to speculate "probably not", firstly because I doubt the game publisher will offer them, but secondly because I think GOG would outright reject them as they've been sold in massive quantity at deep discount bundle prices at least 2 or more times so the profit margins and market for them here on GOG would be low. GOG traditionally has rejected any games that were massively bundled, not sure if they've ever made any exceptions to that general rule or not. If they were to make an exception though it'd most likely only be for a specific game that they think would be highly profitable regardless of whether it was bundled a lot already or not, however if a game is widely bundled it is usually a good sign that it isn't bringing in wheelbarrel fulls of profit either.

I should also say that if someone strongly wants those or any other particular mass-bundled games to come here, they might google around and perhaps find some random game that did get bundled and then did later come to GOG (if there are any) and say "what about game XYZ? They let it come to GOG after being mass bundled, so there's no good reason to not bring others here too." That's the thing with generalizations and exceptions though, such a game (if one even exists) would be an exception and not itself grounds to open the flood gates to all games. I imagine if GOG was to make any special exceptions for a game it would be a unique set of conditions that applied solely to that one game regardless of whether or not they've made exceptions for any other games previously.

They seem to have an internal set of general rules they use as a whole and perhaps apply exceptions to that on business merits and other factors, but we don't really know the details as they don't really publish that level of private internal decision making details.
Post edited July 21, 2016 by skeletonbow
skeletonbow: I'm going to speculate "probably not", firstly because I doubt the game publisher will offer them, but secondly because I think GOG would outright reject them as they've been sold in massive quantity at deep discount bundle prices at least 2 or more times so the profit margins and market for them here on GOG would be low. GOG traditionally has rejected any games that were massively bundled, not sure if they've ever made any exceptions to that general rule or not. If they were to make an exception though it'd most likely only be for a specific game that they think would be highly profitable regardless of whether it was bundled a lot already or not, however if a game is widely bundled it is usually a good sign that it isn't bringing in wheelbarrel fulls of profit either.

I should also say that if someone strongly wants those or any other particular mass-bundled games to come here, they might google around and perhaps find some random game that did get bundled and then did later come to GOG (if there are any) and say "what about game XYZ? They let it come to GOG after being mass bundled, so there's no good reason to not bring others here too." That's the thing with generalizations and exceptions though, such a game (if one even exists) would be an exception and not itself grounds to open the flood gates to all games. I imagine if GOG was to make any special exceptions for a game it would be a unique set of conditions that applied solely to that one game regardless of whether or not they've made exceptions for any other games previously.

They seem to have an internal set of general rules they use as a whole and perhaps apply exceptions to that on business merits and other factors, but we don't really know the details as they don't really publish that level of private internal decision making details.
I'd kind of understand that reasoning if we'd be talking about some fairly obscure indie devs. But in this case we're talking 2K, a rather major publisher. One that gog apparently had to fight long and hard for to sign with them. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to get too uppity about releasing 2K's games, based on past sales on other platforms. Fact is, all these games have been sold exclusively via Steam (the bundles were also Steam keys) and I'm sure Steam-free versions of games like Spec Ops or Duke Nukem would find an audience here.

I mean, Dead Space is 8 years old now, it was a freebie on Origin at some point, but it still seems to do fairly well on gog.
skeletonbow: GOG traditionally has rejected any games that were massively bundled, not sure if they've ever made any exceptions to that general rule or not.
Off the top of my head, Braid and World of Goo were in at least two Humble Bundles before being released here. Machinarium was in at least one, and maybe two. Psychonauts is another one that's been in several Humble Bundles, but I'm not too sure on the timing of it's release here.
fronzelneekburm: I'd kind of understand that reasoning if we'd be talking about some fairly obscure indie devs. But in this case we're talking 2K, a rather major publisher. One that gog apparently had to fight long and hard for to sign with them. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to get too uppity about releasing 2K's games, based on past sales on other platforms. Fact is, all these games have been sold exclusively via Steam (the bundles were also Steam keys) and I'm sure Steam-free versions of games like Spec Ops or Duke Nukem would find an audience here.

I mean, Dead Space is 8 years old now, it was a freebie on Origin at some point, but it still seems to do fairly well on gog.
I did leave room for GOG to make individual exceptions in what I said, so they very well could do that.

hummer010: Off the top of my head, Braid and World of Goo were in at least two Humble Bundles before being released here. Machinarium was in at least one, and maybe two. Psychonauts is another one that's been in several Humble Bundles, but I'm not too sure on the timing of it's release here.
Yeah, I did say that someone so inclined could probably do some research and find some games that might be exceptions. The existence of an exception doesn't mean that all games can or should become exceptions though. I think it really is more complex than that, and with their own judgment of profitability as a big factor. Perhaps one game is bundled a zillion times and it is indie shovelware low in value so it gets a "no thanks", and another is a AAA game that has been bundled a few times (F.E.A.R.) and has a huge following and they predict it will still sell so they allow it. One could argue "they let F.E.A.R. come here after being bundled several times, so why not 8bit-shitty-JRPG that was bundled 50 times for $0.50 too!" but there are completely different business dynamics to the two. :)

One thing is a solid reliable fact though which I'm sure many of you will agree with. Some games GOG wont bring here until after we've already bought them on deep discount somewhere else for Steam because we couldn't pass the price up. :)
Post edited July 21, 2016 by skeletonbow
fronzelneekburm: I'm sure Steam-free versions of games like Spec Ops or Duke Nukem would find an audience here.
Duke Nukem Forever uses steam for the multiplayer, so what would be here would have to be one with that part removed or ported to Galaxy. Both would require working on the software, and I really don't think they're very eager to develop it anymore since it wasn't very popular (to say the least).

I liked it on the X360 though and would like to play it again on the PC but am going to try to resist the $1 offer at humble :|