It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
musteriuz: Now that's a reference to my all-time favourite game - one which is still sorely missed on the gog catalogue. See my tagline.
Tarm: I thought it was in Settlers 2 Gold Edition they said that...
Serf City was later renamed Settlers (1) - not available here, sadly. At least I still have it on CD, as well as my P1 to run it on.
musteriuz: Serf City was later renamed Settlers (1) - not available here, sadly. At least I still have it on CD, as well as my P1 to run it on.
Well, the original title was "Die Siedler", which translates directly to "The Settlers". That translation was used as the game's title in most of Europe, while the US publisher came up with "Serf City".
I find it rather weird that the game isn't here as well. It really should be.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by InfraSuperman
XCOM on GOG!

This is truly what GOG was made for. And not before time :)

Oh, and not forgeting the Freedom Force games making a welcome return too :)
Post edited March 31, 2016 by skeecher
ReynardFox: It certainly feels like it, that or it's just colossal laziness.
Klumpen0815: They seem to be swimming in money if they have no interest in the tiniest amount of work in order to sell us anything, not even their old stuff.

They made DRM-free offline installers for a Humbe Bundle once.
This is really retarded from Croteams side,and i doubt they are swimming in money.if this is true they have wrong buisness strategy.and i dont like their games
Romiras: FINALLY

With arrival of X-com and Pirates! there are really only few classic games that I personally miss on GOG. But soon, SOON my wait will be over.

GOG is a dream come true for us old school guys, so THANK YOU, YOU ARE AWESOME
Really??only few?its nice to see end of the tunel.i have exactly 137 before i quit GOG
Post edited March 31, 2016 by RottenRotz
HOORAAAAY!!! HURRAAAA!!!! :D

Awesome job GOG guys 'n gals, awesome job! And welcome aboard 2K! :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to fill a cart....
Post edited March 31, 2016 by gamefood
skeecher: Oh, and not forgeting the Freedom Force games making a welcome return too :)
Actually, only FF2 is returning after a 2 years absence but FF1 is a new addition to gog catalogue ;)
Any chance we'll see the Bioshock series in the future?
IronArcturus: Any chance we'll see the Bioshock series in the future?
Bioshock was published under the 2K label just as all the games in this batch and they released a DRM free version of the game in connection with a Humble Bundle a couple of years ago or so. So yes there is a chance that we will see it here. The rest of the series is also possible, but perhaps a bit less likely.

Edit:

It seems that Bioshock Infinite was released in 2013. Man time flies. So even the newest entry in the series is 3 years old.
Post edited March 31, 2016 by Kristian
yes, it's highly probable that we'll see the first bioshock on gog this year ;) maybe even the second iteration
Considering that 2K is the publisher of Rockstar, maybe we gonna see GTA and Max Payne. :))
Max Payne for 2nd batch of games would be awesome !
fan3l: Considering that 2K is the publisher of Rockstar, maybe we gonna see GTA and Max Payne. :))
Actually they are sister companies under the Take Two umbrella, but they pretty much do their own thing: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/take_on_2k_33253/post371
Post edited March 31, 2016 by Kristian
Probably been said already, but don't forget to download Open Xcom! At the very least most people will appreciate the improvements made to the interface and the incredibly useful game-play options.

http://openxcom.org
Post edited March 31, 2016 by mduncan
musteriuz: Serf City was later renamed Settlers (1) - not available here, sadly. At least I still have it on CD, as well as my P1 to run it on.
InfraSuperman: Well, the original title was "Die Siedler", which translates directly to "The Settlers". That translation was used as the game's title in most of Europe, while the US publisher came up with "Serf City".
I find it rather weird that the game isn't here as well. It really should be.
Thanks both of you.
DrearierSpider: Sony not supporting PC isn't really a Japanese thing so much as it's a console thing.
Navagon: We're not talking new games here. Or even old games they've slapped an HD label on. We're talking the really old stuff, like Wipeout that they've got and won't be doing anything with and it won't be a conflict of interest to release them here. You see, unlike MS, they have no PC outlet for these titles. But to be honest, the number of games like that which Sony have is so small as to be almost inconsequential.
So you're saying

"Sony... I don't know what it is with the Japanese, but they've really got something against the PC as a gaming platform. They don't simply ignore it, they're dead against it."

But you're using 20+ year old games that most decision makers within the company probably don't even know exist as an example of this? That seems a bit naive to be honest. In those cases, I doubt it's a case of them actively avoiding putting those games on digital distribution, but just a matter of them not thinking of or caring about re-releasing them. As you said, the number of these games is pretty much inconsequential, and I'd be willing to bet that the profit margins would pretty minuscule.