It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
Welcome 2K! The more the merrier!
Did GOG sell Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich up until 2 or three years ago?
JudasIscariot: Please send us a ticket about this, if you don't mind :)
Not at all. Ticket sent. Got email confirmation for that :-P
Barry_Woodward: 7 years ago.
Barry_Woodward: [url=]Serious Sam II[/url]
Croteam retained ownership of Serious Sam II and the game is currently being published by their partners, Devolver Digital.
Barry_Woodward: Ahem. :P
HG1995: Did GOG sell Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich up until 2 or three years ago?
Yes. It used to be here by a different company till it was removed 2 years ago when said company lost the publishing rights.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Grargar
Another big name in the catalog, yaaay!
Now let's see those Civilizations coming in.
bigsilverhotdog: You cause a great amount of ill will and even outright anger among your customers
Just speak for yourself. I think the progressive discount model is fine, especially as GOG takes into account any games you already have on your account (unlike the bundle pricing on certain other services where you don't get compensated for having some of the games in the service already).

If anything, I'm a bit disgusted of you saying what i should or shouldn't be buying (like Enforcer, Interceptor and Railroads). At least I am interested to check them out and make up my own mind whether there are any redeeming qualities in them (it might be even something as simple as the soundtrack of the game).

If I had listened to people like you, I would have probably missed the gem known as Far Cry 2. Great game IMHO, YMMV.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by timppu
Barry_Woodward: *snip*
viperfdl: You forgot this game:
Duke Nudem
*dumb grin*
thanks, finished it one my first playthrough, although it was kind of hard.
For the cheat code, i had to resort to my memories from back then, but i don't remember the exact code on DN3D. :D
viperfdl: You forgot this game:
Duke Nudem
*dumb grin*
Epitaph666: thanks, finished it one my first playthrough, although it was kind of hard.
Yeah, I bet it was.

*rimshot*
We better get the Civilization games here soon.... *prepares wallet*
I'm always a bit confused between 2k and Take2. It seems 2k is a brand/subsidiary of Take2. So, does it mean only 2k games are coming here or are other games which belong to Take2 also coming?
Trilarion: I'm always a bit confused between 2k and Take2. It seems 2k is a brand/subsidiary of Take2. So, does it mean only 2k games are coming here or are other games which belong to Take2 also coming?
Take Two interactive Software Inc, is the corporate parent. They used to actually use that brand but it seems these days they only ever use the 2K Games and Rockstar brands for their publishing and distribution activities and internally developed games(minus Firaxis, I don't know if they currently have other internal development studios with thier own brand, but Irration Games used to be such a subsidary, until they renamed it with 2K branding, the renamed it again to Irrational Games, only to end up shutting them down). 2K Games and Rockstar are operated quite independently of each other even though both are wholly owned subsidiaries of Take Two Interactive Software.

So they make their own deicisions on pretty much everything. What kind of DRM to use(if any), what platforms they want to support and when(2K Games is much more PC friendly than Rockstar) etc etc. As far as I can tell the main reason for this is the importance of the Houser borthers that run Rockstar. I bet alot of their autonomy is due to their employment contracts, the HUGE success of GTA franchise being their main negotiation leverage.

On the 2K side of things, Firaxis is run independently and often does things like Linux support, release mod tools, etc that the rest of 2K has not been particularly known for. That comes down to the influence/leverage of Sid Meier and their success with the Civilization franchise.

But in the end Take Two Interactive Software is the publically listed corporation that ultimately owns everything.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Kristian
Trilarion: I'm always a bit confused between 2k and Take2. It seems 2k is a brand/subsidiary of Take2. So, does it mean only 2k games are coming here or are other games which belong to Take2 also coming?
Edit : Oh crap, got my info wrong...
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Epitaph666
Epitaph666: Edit : Oh crap, got my info wrong...
Yes, you did: http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=TTWO

But that is alright, mistakes happen :)

Edit:

Their website is here: https://www.take2games.com/

Edit2:

The list of subsidiaries from their 2015 annual report:

"Name Jurisdiction of Incorporation
2K Australia Pty. Ltd. Australia
2K Czech, s.r.o. Czech Republic
2K Games (Chengdu) Co., Ltd. China
2K Games (Hangzhou) Co. Ltd. China
2K Games (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. China
2K Games, Inc. Delaware
2K, Inc. New York
2K Marin, Inc. Delaware
2K Play, Inc. Delaware
2K Games Songs LLC Delaware
2K Games Sounds LLC Delaware
2K Games Tunes LLC Delaware
2K Vegas, Inc. Delaware
2KSports, Inc. Delaware
Cat Daddy Games, L.L.C. Washington
Digital Productions S.A. Luxembourg
DMA Design Holdings Limited United Kingdom
Double Take LLC Delaware
Firaxis Games, Inc. Delaware
Frog City Software, Inc. Delaware
Gathering of Developers, Inc. Texas
Gearhead Entertainment, Inc. Pennsylvania
Indie Built, Inc. Delaware
Inventory Management Systems, Inc. Delaware
Irrational Games, LLC Delaware
Jack of All Games Norge A.S. Norway
Jack of All Games Scandinavia A.S. Norway
Joytech Europe Limited United Kingdom
Joytech Ltd. Hong Kong
Kush Games, Inc. California
Maxcorp Ltd. Bermuda
Rockstar Events Inc. New York
Rockstar Games, Inc. Delaware
Rockstar Games Songs LLC Delaware
Rockstar Games Sounds LLC Delaware
Rockstar Games Toronto ULC British Columbia
Rockstar Games Tunes LLC Delaware
Rockstar Games Vancouver ULC British Columbia
Rockstar International Limited United Kingdom
Rockstar Leeds Limited United Kingdom
Rockstar Lincoln Limited United Kingdom
Rockstar London Limited United Kingdom
Rockstar New England, Inc. Delaware
Rockstar North Limited United Kingdom
Rockstar San Diego, Inc. Virginia
T2 Developer, Inc. Delaware
Take 2 Interactive Software Pty. Ltd. Australia
Take 2 Productions, Inc. Delaware
Name Jurisdiction of Incorporation
Take-Two Asia Pte. Ltd. Singapore
Take-Two Chile SpA Chile
Take-Two Europe (Holdings) Limited United Kingdom
Take-Two GB Limited. United Kingdom
Take-Two Holdings II LLC Delaware
Take Two Holdings LLC Delaware
Take-Two Interactive Austria GmbH Austria
Take-Two Interactive Benelux B.V. Netherlands
Take-Two Interactive Canada Holdings, Inc. Ontario
Take-Two Interactive Canada, Inc. Ontario
Take-Two Interactive Espana S.L. Spain
Take-Two Interactive France SAS France
Take-Two Interactive GmbH Germany
Take-Two Interactive Japan G.K. Japan
Take-Two Interactive Korea Ltd. South Korea
Take-Two Interactive Software Europe Limited United Kingdom
Take-Two International B.V. Netherlands
Take Two International GmbH Switzerland
Talonsoft, Inc. Delaware
Techcorp Ltd. Hong Kong
Venom Games Limited United Kingdom
Visual Concepts China Co., Ltd. China
Visual Concepts Entertainment California
VLM Entertainment Group, Inc. Delaware
WC Holdco, Inc. New York"

"Maxcorp Ltd. Bermuda"

This is the subsidiary that bought the international rights to the Max Payne franchise when Take Two bought the IP from 3D Realms and Remedy(that owned the IP 50/50 before the sale).
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Kristian
Welcome 2k

Is this the flood that was spoken about or are there more to come.
armedready: Welcome 2k

Is this the flood that was spoken about or are there more to come.
Flood? Where was this?