It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
FINALLY

With arrival of X-com and Pirates! there are really only few classic games that I personally miss on GOG. But soon, SOON my wait will be over.

GOG is a dream come true for us old school guys, so THANK YOU, YOU ARE AWESOME
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Romiras
low rated
Trilarion: It's their way of maximizing the profit (and a quite common one in the whole commercial world for that). Actually nobody is forcing bundle price on you. You can still buy them separately.

The reason why a bundle has a higher discount is that maybe not all games in a bundle interest you equally, so they have to lower the price of the bundle in order to make it attractive for the customer. If the price is still not attractive enough for you, buy only the single games from the bundle. If the price of the single games is not attractive at all, don't buy or wait until another sale happens.

The general idea is that you spent a bit more than you would have spent otherwise while getting some additional mediocre games you didn't really want to play but might give a try for that price.

You cannot expect them to only sell you the games you really want to have and for a very cheap price too - because then they would not make enough profit.

I have sympathy for special bundles discounts as long as you can get say at least half of the games in the bundle (the good ones) cheaper than the price of the whole bundle. So it obviously depends on the spread between the bundle discount versus the single game discount.

Btw. It's also possible to permanently delete games from a library (iirc by a support ticket basis). But hiding them in the library and never looking again at them should be sufficient in most cases. Heck, I have good games that I actually want to play and I never downloaded them and played them so far.
Don't lecture me with what are basically your personal pet theories about video game market economics. I know a lot more about video game market economics than you think, and you're dead, dead wrong in your opinions about valuation and profit. They're both still far out of balance.

But times are rapidly changing.

And besides, nothing you said has any effect on what I wrote. You said nothing to refute my primary argument, which is that forcing bad games down gamers' throats merely to get the best price discount on games they do want leaves a bad taste in the mouth and is pointless from a marketing standpoint, as in effect you're making people angry by trying to push them into purchasing patently bad products that they don't want. Why would any business do this? That these are ancient and often cheaply poached software only IP non-products that are being ruthlessly exploited for maximum profit (usually by a faceless IP-holdings based LLC obscuring a single rich douche nozzle) makes the entire thing disgusting and dirty to the nth degree.

As this is a fairly common practise on GOG and on Steam it has to stop. I will stop supporting both GOG and Steam if it does not.

It's totally unacceptable. It's insulting. It's greed of the most disgusting variety.

There's no defense of it, and you ought to be ashamed for trying.
bigsilverhotdog: they aren't even the same genre or developer as the originals
mobutu: Actually both enforcer and interceptor were still developed by MicroProse ...
Different people, and a dying studio. They were running into major studio problems by the time of Interceptor, and were only a shell of their original selves by the point of Enforcer. As I recall, Enforcer was thrown together quickly from other cancelled projects. Regardless, there's no excuse for the awesome badness of either game.

Especially Enforcer.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by bigsilverhotdog
I will definitely pick XCOM bundle when I come back from a trip :) Good to see so many classic games here
bigsilverhotdog: Here's a note to GOG (and 2k, and any other developer with a catalog of both great and horrible games):

You cause a great amount of ill will and even outright anger among your customers when you force package pricing upon us. No XCOM fan wants to own the debacles that were Enforcer or Intercepter (those games don't belong with the first 3 except in name, they aren't even the same genre or developer as the originals, and they're nowhere near the quality), and no RRT fan wants anything to do with the retrogressive, constantly crashing, abomination/joke that was Railroads.

Reminding us you made those games is unwise to start with, and trying to force us to purchase those games to get our classics with the full discount is simply backward and insulting business. I actually already own every single one of those games because I was already pushed into package pricing once to buy them on Steam. It pissed me off. I never forgot it.

And I never did it again.

And I never will.

I would have bought (again) the first 3 XCOM games, and 2/3 from the RRT games, to support GOG and get the GOG versions. But now I won't.

You know better than this GOG (and 2k).

Stop it.
I am confused.... I could untick both Interceptor and Enforcer, no need to buy them at all if you do not want to. So you can easily buy (again) the first 3 XCOM games, if that's what you want.
bigsilverhotdog: ... It's totally unacceptable. It's insulting. It's greed of the most disgusting variety. ...
It's far from me to lecture you, I just expressed my opinion and so do you expressing your opinion about it. For what it's worth: I think differently and I think you may be overreacting.

Of course it's your choice to stop supporting GOG.
4x4 Evolution
4x4 EVO 2
Age Of Sail
Age Of Sail II
Battleborn
BioShock
BioShock 2
BioShock Infinite
Biosys
Black Dahlia
Blair Witch: Volume I: Rustin Parr
Blair Witch: Volume II: The Legend Of Coffin Rock
Blair Witch: Volume III: The Elly Kedward Tale
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Bully
Bureau 13
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
CivCity: Rome
Close Combat: First To Fight
Close Combat: The Road To Baghdad
Conflict: Desert Storm II: Back To Baghdad
Conflict: Global Terror
Conflict: Vietnam
The Corporate Machine
Dark Colony
The Darkness
The Darkness II
The Devil Inside
Dogs Of War: Battle On Primus IV
Duke Nukem Forever
Evolve
Fly!
Fly! II
Flying Heroes
Grand Theft Auto + London 1961 + London 1969
Grand Theft Auto 2
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto IV + Episodes From Liberty City
Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Green Berets
Heavy Metal: F.A.K.K.&sup2;
Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller
Hidden &amp; Dangerous
Hidden &amp; Dangerous 2
Kingdom Under Fire: A War Of Heroes
Kiss Psycho Circus: The Nightmare Child
Kohan II: Kings Of War
L.A. Noire
Lemmings Revolution
Mafia
Mafia II
Mafia III
Manhunt
Manhunt 2
Martian Gothic: Unification
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne
Max Payne 3
Medieval Conquest
Midnight Club II
Millennia: Altered Destinies
The Misadventures Of P.B. Winterbottom
MLB 2K9 / / [url=http://gog.com/wishlist/games/mlb_2k11_major_league_baseball_2k11]2K11 / 2K12
Myth: The Fallen Lords
Myth II: Soulblighter
Myth III: The Wolf Age
NBA 2K9 / / [url=http://gog.com/wishlist/games/nba_2k11]2K11 / / [url=http://gog.com/wishlist/games/nba_2k13]2K13 / / [url=http://gog.com/wishlist/games/nba_2k15]2K15 / 2K16
Oni
The Operational Art of War II: Modern Battles 1956-2000
Railroad Tycoon
The Reap
Ripper
Rising Sun
Shattered Union
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
Sid Meier's Civilization
Sid Meier's Civilization II + Test Of Time
Sid Meier's Civilization III + Play The World + Conquests
Sid Meier's Civilization IV + + [url=http://gog.com/wishlist/games/sid_meiers_civilization_iv_beyond_the_sword]Beyond The Sword + Colonization
Sid Meier's Civilization V + Gods &amp; Kings + Brave New World
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth + Rising Tide
Sid Meier's Starships
Spec Ops: The Line
Starsky &amp; Hutch
State Of Emergency
Top Spin 2
(T)Raumschiff Surprise - Periode 1
Vietcong
Vietcong 2
Wings Of War
WWE 2K15 / 2K16
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
XCOM 2
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
12 O'Clock High: Bombing The Reich
Advanced Dungeons &amp; Dragons: Iron &amp; Blood: Warriors Of Ravenloft
Airlines
Airlines Two
Airport Tycoon
Airport Tycoon 2
Airport Tycoon 3
American Civil War: Gettysburg
Army Men: Sarge's War
Assimilation
Austin Powers Pinball
Axel &amp; Pixel
Battle Of Britain
Battlecruiser 3000AD
Brainstorm: The Game Show
Celebrity Deathmatch
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Codename Eagle
The Da Vinci Code
Deal Or No Deal
Deal Or No Deal: Secret Vault Games
Death Track Racing (a.k.a. Rollcage Stage II)
Divided Ground: The Middle East Conflict 1948-1973
East Front II: The Russian Front - World War Two
Emergency Services Sim
Family Feud
Final Stretch: Horse Racing Sim
Firefighter 259
Ford Racing
Ford Racing 2
Ford Racing 3
Friday Night 3D Bowling
Friday Night 3D Darts
Friday Night 3D Pool
Gadget Tycoon
Gotcha!
The Great Escape
High Rollerz
The Italian Job
JetFighter 2015 (a.k.a. Jet Storm)
JetFighter IV: Fortress America
JetFighter V: Homeland Protector
Loco-Commotion
Luxury Liner Tycoon
Mahjongg Classic
Mall Tycoon
Mall Tycoon 2
Mall Tycoon 3
Maximum Roadkill
Merchant Prince II
MLB Front Office Manager
Model Railroad Simulator
Moraff's Maximum Mahjongg
Moraff's Maximum Mahjongg: Volume 2
Moraff's Maximum Mahjongg: Volume 3
Motocross Mania
MTV Total Request Live Trivia
Muscle Car '76 (a.k.a. Hot Chix 'n' Gear Stix)
Muscle Car 2: American Spirit
Muscle Car 3
Oil Tycoon
Omar Sharif's Bridge (a.k.a. Omar Sharif On Bridge)
Omar Sharif's Bridge II (a.k.a. Bridge Deluxe 2 With Omar Sharif)
Outdoor Life: Sportsman's Challenge
Outlive
Pro Baseball 2K
Rebel Trucker: Cajun Blood Money
Red Ace: Squadron
Ring II: Twilight Of Gods
Safari Adventures: Africa
School Tycoon
Search &amp; Rescue 2
Search &amp; Rescue 3
Search &amp; Rescue: Coastal Heroes
Search &amp; Rescue: Vietnam Med Evac
Ski Resort Extreme
Splat Magazine Renegade Paintball
Star Crusader
Star Leader
Starship Tycoon
Take-Out Weight Curling
Take-Out Weight Curling 2
Torino 2006
Tournament Chess
Train Sim: The Activities
UEFA Champions League Season 2001/2002
Ultimate Demolition Derby
The Untouchable
Vegas Tycoon
Wildfire
World's Greatest Coasters 3D
The Worlds Of Billy
The Worlds Of Billy 2
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Barry_Woodward
bigsilverhotdog: ...
Don't be so butthurt. You can buy only the first three games and get a total discount of 50%, or buy all games and get a total discount of 75%. Buying all games is actually cheaper in this case, so just buy the whole thing and hid the ones you don't want. You're just sour because you wanted only the first three games but at a total discount of 75%.

But let's do the math for a moment: the total price of the bundle is 6.95€ for five games, that's 2.32€ per game if we completely ignore the last two games. One game on its own is 5.39€, so the discount per game is 1-(6,95/3)/5,39 = 0.57. That's still a 57% discount, almost 60%, which is usually the best discount you can get on a non-special sale on GOG. So what exactly are you complaining about? Those 3%? That's like 16 cents per game.
Barry_Woodward: *snip*
Your links from East Front and below are broken, they just lead right back to this thread.
Freedom Force and XCOM! This is unbelievable news! Congrats GOG.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by Pardinuz
Klumpen0815: Afaik Oni is made by Bungee which were bought by Microsoft which did it only for Halo and abandoned Oni completely.

It's a shame since Oni is far superior to Halo imho.
tfishell: Made by Bungee but the publisher was Gathering of Developers, "folded ... into the label" 2K Games, according to Wikipedia. Of course who knows if the rights transferred or not (maybe that information is online), but I'd say there's some hope (assuming no major tech issues).

There may be even greater hope for the Myth games - [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_(series[/url]) - which I think is the series TET really wanted to show up while he was here (that and Mechwarrior 2), but I could be wrong.
Gathering of Developers was founded on giving developers better deals than other publishers. So for example their contracts let the development studio keep the rights to the IP. So it may be a bit more complicated than that.
All right, at the end of the day I purchased all must-haves: UFO 1-3, Pirates! and Railroad Tycoon 2 ...for now I save some cash just in case other 2K oldies will come. Good week, GOG!

EDIT: I just realized I haven't got any order confirmation via email for 2 weeks now. I thought it's a temporary delay because the Insomia promo but it's already over and still no sign of emails..
Post edited March 30, 2016 by tburger
Have to say, bloody good deals here! Since i have already x-com stuff, i buy freedom forces and pirates. i have played Pirates since Commodore 64 release. My opinion, Sid Meier`s Pirates is best pirate game, what i am played so far!
tburger: All right, at the end of the day I purchased all must-haves: UFO 1-3, Pirates! and Railroad Tycoon 2 ...for now I save some cash just in case other 2K oldies will come. Good week, GOG!

EDIT: I just realized I haven't got any order confirmation via email for 2 weeks now. I thought it's a temporary delay because the Insomia promo but it's already over and still no sign of emails..
Please send us a ticket about this, if you don't mind :)
Barry_Woodward: *snip*
You forgot this game:
Duke Nudem
*dumb grin*
Post edited March 30, 2016 by viperfdl