It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
Wait... did you just say Freedom Force?!

No way! Get outta town!
bigsilverhotdog: Here's a note to GOG (and 2k, and any other developer with a catalog of both great and horrible games):

You cause a great amount of ill will and even outright anger among your customers when you force package pricing upon us. No XCOM fan wants to own the debacles that were Enforcer or Intercepter (those games don't belong with the first 3 except in name, they aren't even the same genre or developer as the originals, and they're nowhere near the quality), and no RRT fan wants anything to do with the retrogressive, constantly crashing, abomination/joke that was Railroads.

Reminding us you made those games is unwise to start with, and trying to force us to purchase those games to get our classics with the full discount is simply backward and insulting business. I actually already own every single one of those games because I was already pushed into package pricing once to buy them on Steam. It pissed me off. I never forgot it.

And I never did it again.

And I never will.

I would have bought (again) the first 3 XCOM games, and 2/3 from the RRT games, to support GOG and get the GOG versions. But now I won't.

You know better than this GOG (and 2k).

Stop it.
Probably a 2K requirement.
Klumpen0815: Not a single Linux package and a blue said that there won't be any...
What Linux games from 2K are there besides pretty recent ones?

From this list I see:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
BioShock Infinite
Spec Ops: The Line
XCOM 2

They didn't make it to GOG yet. But if they'll start pulling nasty stuff like with Dying Light or Metro, then it will be a problem.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by shmerl
So what are the most wanted 2K games left?
Niggles: So what are the most wanted 2K games left?
I'd say anything recent. Personally I care only about Bioshock games though. I'm not familiar with other games from 2K.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by shmerl
Has Borderlands franchise finished with the new DLC release?
Railroad Tycoon! X-Com! Pirates! Freedom Force!

I cannot take this anymore!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Waited so long for just one of these, and the whole lot is now here!

Insta-bought the ever-loving-crap out of all of these!

(please disregard the wimpering leather mass in the corner...)
CJstratGamer08: If I remember correctly Sid Meier actually released Railroad Tycoon 1 as freeware. I think you will need Dos Box.
http://www.2kgames.com/railroads/downloads.html
There you go.
DeMignon: Nice, thanks for the heads-up!
Though, the completionist in me still demands for the game to be added to GOG (and probably would even pay for it ;-)
Glad to help! Post how it went :)
Nice to see 2K games finally in GOG.
Accatone: Great news! Very happy to finally see X-Com and Railroad Tycoon games here on GOG.
I wish we got Railroad Tycoon Deluxe which would have made the Railroad Tycoon Bundle an instant buy for me. I'm debating if I want to try Railroad Tycoon 3 or Sid Meir's Railroads after hating Railroad Tycoon 2. Still between Pirates, the X-Com games and Uprising, with Uprising 2 coming a small but noticeable dent has been made in the list of games I'm hoping GOG will get.
DrearierSpider: I believe Bethesda currently owns the rights to Prey. And The Darkness 1 was never released on PC unfortunately, so the best we'd get is just 2 unless they decide to port it (which seems unlikely).
What about Max Payne? I forgot to mention it. I really like to see GOG version of MP 1&2.
Now I know why I didn't get anything during the Insomnia Sale ... ALL MY MONEY WILL BE SPENT ON THESE!

@GOG, if you get Civ and Bioshock here, you will be the reason my PhD will never be done.
Klumpen0815: Not a single Linux package and a blue said that there won't be any...
shmerl: What Linux games from 2K are there besides pretty recent ones?

From this list I see:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Borderlands 2
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
BioShock Infinite
Spec Ops: The Line
XCOM 2

They didn't make it to GOG yet. But if they'll start pulling nasty stuff like with Dying Light or Metro, then it will be a problem.
Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if these games were released here without the Linux version.. seems to be the trend lately.
thebream: Fuck yeah

I hope they'll release Mafia on here
Hell yeah. Mafia please, I forgot they were under 2K.
thebream: Fuck yeah

I hope they'll release Mafia on here
tinyE: WITH the car race fix! :P
What was the fix? I don't remember there being one.

The race was such a pain. The car was a nightmare to drive and 5 laps was too much for me. In the end I had to cheat and reduce the race to 2 laps.