It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 11 classics, including Sid Meier's Pirates!, Railroad Tycoon, and X-COM

2K, home to a boatload of our retro favorites, is here on GOG.com – and we've got eleven of the most enduring classics bundled up at 66-75% off (or 50% off individually) to kick off the catalog.

What's in store?
<span class="bold">Railroad Tycoon Bundle</span> (-66%) — featuring Sid Meier's Railroads and RailRoad Tycoon 2+3 – also available 50% off individually.
<span class="bold">X-COM Classic Bundle</span> (-75%) — featuring the incomparable X-COM: UFO Defense, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, and Enforcer. 50% off individually, too.
<span class="bold">Freedom Force Pack</span> (-66%) — including the original Freedom Force & Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. But you can get each one at… 50% off!
<span class="bold">Sid Meier's Pirates!</span> (-50%) — the remake that turned the gem into a much shinier gem.

Ruthless strategic warfare? Check. Weirdo superheroes? You bet. Hilarious dancing sequences? Naturally. And once again, the satisfaction of checking off a couple dozen thousand of your wishlist votes for some seriously good old games. So join us on the choo-choo train through battlefields riddled with alien corpses and swashbuckling superheroes – because we're taking on 2K!

The discounts on the 2K titles will last until April 5, 13:59 BST / 5:59 AM PDT / 8:59 AM EDT.
Grargar: The included DOSBox version (0.65) is dated, though and displays garbled colours in full-screen (at least it does for me on Windows 7 64-bit), so depending on the newness of the system, you might have to use a newer DOSBox version.
Alright, that's a problem, but simply copying a newer version of DOSbox into the directory seems to fix it.
Honestly, I get the feeling they just sort of forgot about the existence of that download, considering it was merely a promo for the release of Railroads!, so I'm just glad it's still available at all.
There is a possibility that we're going to see Civilization IV here. :D
mkell_226: This is a nice surprise. Now go bring us Oni!
Klumpen0815: Afaik Oni is made by Bungee which were bought by Microsoft which did it only for Halo and abandoned Oni completely.

It's a shame since Oni is far superior to Halo imho.
Last I heard, Rockstar owns it now, and 2K owns Rockstar, so here's hoping!
low rated
Klumpen0815: Afaik Oni is made by Bungee which were bought by Microsoft which did it only for Halo and abandoned Oni completely.

It's a shame since Oni is far superior to Halo imho.
mkell_226: Last I heard, Rockstar owns it now, and 2K owns Rockstar, so here's hoping!
you idiot, take 2 owns both Rockstar and 2K
low rated
Here's a note to GOG (and 2k, and any other developer with a catalog of both great and horrible games):

You cause a great amount of ill will and even outright anger among your customers when you force package pricing upon us. No XCOM fan wants to own the debacles that were Enforcer or Intercepter (those games don't belong with the first 3 except in name, they aren't even the same genre or developer as the originals, and they're nowhere near the quality), and no RRT fan wants anything to do with the retrogressive, constantly crashing, abomination/joke that was Railroads.

Reminding us you made those games is unwise to start with, and trying to force us to purchase those games to get our classics with the full discount is simply backward and insulting business. I actually already own every single one of those games because I was already pushed into package pricing once to buy them on Steam. It pissed me off. I never forgot it.

And I never did it again.

And I never will.

I would have bought (again) the first 3 XCOM games, and 2/3 from the RRT games, to support GOG and get the GOG versions. But now I won't.

You know better than this GOG (and 2k).

Stop it.
Post edited March 30, 2016 by bigsilverhotdog
Neat! I hope that they will retool or let GOG retool Mafia: The City Of Lost Heaven, it is such a good game with a great story. Also because there is no way to actually play it well in Windows 10, even if you have the original disc.
Post edited March 31, 2016 by AvatarX001
ReynardFox: Thanks mate. :)
IAmSinistar: My pleasure pal! [...]
He lets you call him that in public?!
;D
ReynardFox: Serious Sam II
Not a 2K game and Croteam has publicly mentioned that they aren't interested in releasing more of their games here.
ReynardFox: Prey
Not a 2K game. Now owned by Bethesda.
ReynardFox: Duke Nukem Forever (I'm assuming this could mean the return of the whole series?)
Not really. 2K only publishes Duke Nukem Forever, while the older games would require a separate contract with Gearbox.
I hope 2K will bring 4x4 Evo 2 to gog.
SLP2000: I think we will get Sone and Srga eventually, [...]
Low-quality Chinese knockoffs of Sony and Sega?
Strijkbout: I hope 2K will bring 4x4 Evo 2 to gog.
Oh yeah, I had a lot of fun with the first 4x4 Evolution. That'd be great to see show up too, though there are probably liscensing issues with the vehicles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4x4_Evolution
Good job, gOg, and welcome along, 2K Games! Very nice addition.

Instabuys on the Railroad Tycoon pack and the Freedom Force pack. Now gOg need to develop and market the "More Time For Playing Games" pack.
EraVasher: I agree on bioshock infinite,the art is beautiful,the story is interesting and a great "sidekick" but yes,you can feel the game becoming a bit repetitive gameplay wise halfway through,the vigors didn't pack quite the punch as the plasmids did,never played bioshock 2 cause i didn't want to ruin the fantastic feeling i had playing the first one.

Would probably buy them again if they ever arrive here
By sidekick do you mean Elizabeth?
Fuck yeah

I hope they'll release Mafia on here
thebream: Fuck yeah

I hope they'll release Mafia on here
WITH the car race fix! :P