It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Now the office is abandoned and it's clocks all the way down."

The Backrooms vibe in places with unnecessary shooting, some wonderfully bizarre environments and fun, quirky ideas inside a mystery that reminded me of the Portal series here and there. Control was at its best for me when exploring those off-feeling locations.
Attachments:
control.jpg (172 Kb)
Post edited October 11, 2022 by chevkoch
Scotty, from Star Trek: Can't do it Captain, decency laws prevent me from this.
Another day, another victory.
Attachments:
Another day, another landscape.
Attachments:
n-m-s.jpg (404 Kb)
Post edited October 12, 2022 by Telika
Telika: Another day, another landscape.
That's one beautiful scenery!
Telika: Another day, another landscape.
Vinry_.: That's one beautiful scenery!
Meh, just one rich Swiss showing off with his high resolution screenshot...
;p
"This is necessary."

I will miss Hood: Outlaws and Legends, as I've returned the PS4 I borrowed from a friend (and my computer is too weak to run it). Despite the clunky gameplay, laggy servers, a small player base, and overall the game being unbalanced, I had a lot of fun. Unique PvPvE title. Occasionally, when I found myself with a team that clicked, there were some neat moments.
Attachments:
hood.jpg (305 Kb)
Post edited October 14, 2022 by chevkoch
"Sip this and you'll see. Yes, taste the truth."

Mortal Shell was a rather brief, but overall tight Dark Souls experience, I really like the world they built, the story bits and well-written dialogue. Most areas I found visually delightful, deliciously dark in atmosphere, and thankfully the game isn't aiming at leaving you psychologically scarred with an emphasis on gore and uncomfortable horror elements. Narrative and coherent mood are the focus here, exploring freely without any spoon-feeding. Gameplay feels great, even if not all elements at your disposal are worth using/upgrading.
Attachments:
A strange experience, this game, Lost Eidolons . Almost comparable to reading a book written in 'fps style' for the first time. Though, showing characters one at a time during their conversations is not a new gimmick, but this game manages to present it like one.

Lost Eidolons. A strangely developed yet addictive tactic's puzzler. As a willing victim, the lead falls into the role of a mercenary captain. Complete with camp management and gate ramming!

Furthermore, patch 2 for the Total War Warhammer 3 Immortal Empires beta has put me on the path of the 'Wild Hunt'
After discovering that setting a power limit does indeed work, gaming became once again a cheerful hobby. 120Watt is enough for some 1080p fun!

Also been on the path of some of the complexer strategy games out there. Imperator Rome first and now it is breaking the wiki in Dominions 5. The amount of options is quite staggering, not to mention the ability to craft gear for your commander types. For those games, a second screen or pad is not a luxury requirement!
Attachments:
losteido1.jpg (402 Kb)
losteido3.jpg (453 Kb)
Post edited October 20, 2022 by Zimerius
"HOW ABOUT NO"

The last of the games I've recently completed: SUPERHOT. Dig the minimalistic style, the unique take on bullet time, and that it's a shooter you navigate by having your puzzle mind engaged. Main game is very short, but the challenge modes provide a playground to prolong your sojourn in a world that is faintly reminiscent of Tron and Rez. Katana-only challenge, fun.
Attachments:
superhot.jpg (200 Kb)
This was not easy (or really much fun) but I finally managed to get it done. Never ever again.
Attachments:
The Legend of Zelda: Adventures of the Argonian Maiden ...aka Skyrim SE

Almost went with an Orc but decided to go with an Argonian instead. I know there are spells and stuff and other doodads, but I'm having way too much fun with bow and arrow. I only rely on melee when I absolutely have to. *shrug* Not sure how much longer I'll be keeping that talking dog around because he annoyingly pushes me around a lot even when I'm on horseback.
Attachments:
what.jpg (355 Kb)
Post edited October 23, 2022 by P-E-S
Oblivion.
Attachments:
"it does not matter how you got here"

Finished The Eternal Castle [REMASTERED] yesterday. Slightly sluggish controls (maybe intentional, playing at an 80s era element), gorgeous CGA look in both levels and cinematic story animation throughout. Short, but just the visual impact of the game lingering has me tempted to go back for another go in that world. Bold design choice that shows strong passionate vision of the small team responsible for TEC. Oh, and the audio (soundtrack and effects) complements the rest of the experience perfectly.
Attachments:
"You could surrender, or you could do what no one else has ever done before."

Discovered Sacrifice mode, thus a couple more screenshots of The Eternal Castle. The only real attraction of the game is the visuals (these alone make it a worthwhile experience), I just wish there would be more meat to the gameplay. I relied approximately 93.7% on button mashing when fighting enemies, which wasn't much fun. Style though, bravo.
Attachments:
tec1.jpg (371 Kb)
tec2.jpg (377 Kb)
tec3.jpg (102 Kb)
Post edited October 28, 2022 by chevkoch