It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zimerius: damn, that's like, a major improvement, gladius shines too in 2k, and, if i'm not mistaken, is pretty optimized
Yeah, I was very pleasantly surprised at how well Gladius ran. But fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I've had my fill of Gladius after my last long custom game (my only regret is that I didn't get to finish off some eldar :( )
Zimerius: damn, that's like, a major improvement, gladius shines too in 2k, and, if i'm not mistaken, is pretty optimized
Matewis: Yeah, I was very pleasantly surprised at how well Gladius ran. But fortunately, or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, I've had my fill of Gladius after my last long custom game (my only regret is that I didn't get to finish off some eldar :( )
Eldar... still need to give the Eldar a proper try... Or get another run in civ vi ... do the CnC remaster ... do the starcraft remaster... i'm glad i didn't buy the ME remaster, probably would share the same fate as the other remasters.... Fantasy General 2 is still on my list too, iron manned ofc though the taste of defeat of the last game still lingers. I hope they manage to optimize DW2 to the point it is acceptable for your system. It is such a nice game! Maybe a bit to nice. I'm glad falling frontier's release is postponed though...... rambles on for some time while actually thinking about empire management and what new tier to research
The Book Heist ...aka Yooka-Laylee

It's not the best 3D platformer I've ever played, but it is decent fun. I very much like the main character design, interesting moveset, and weird transformations.
Attachments:
so_mature.jpg (379 Kb)
Finally got round to some OpenTTD again, and managed to expand my big grain and livestock station, or McDonalds station.
It's becoming rather vast, and hopefully I can manage to expand it one more time.

McDonalds station
Post edited March 27, 2022 by Matewis
The Adventures of the Holy Kahnigget ...aka The First Templar

Not the best or the worst action RPG of its kind. Combat may be a bit simple, but it works. They really worked that Wilhelm scream though. Not a fight goes by without one or two (or more) of them. It's kinda silly. Also, finding XP in treasure chests is like the dumbest thing ever. *shrug*
Attachments:
Two games where I often "stop to smell the roses" and capture a screenshot are The Witcher 3 and No Man's Sky. The first frequently surprises me with breathtaking landscapes and sunsets that I just can't help but stop dead in my tracks and admire (when I die, I want to be digitally injected into the Witcher world). The second game entertains me with its procedural-generated planetscapes and random silliness, that I often catch myself reaching for the ingame camera mode.

Here's me killing more time in No Man's Sky. :) I was on a moon at some point and when I looked up at the sky, I had a flashback of Lars von Trier's movie, Melancholia. xD

Mr.Mumbles: fake_beard.jpg
ROFL!!
Attachments:
sky_worms.jpg (236 Kb)
Post edited March 30, 2022 by matterbandit
Attempting to redesign my grain and livestock drop-off station. Turning into quite the monstrosity :P A little worried that there won't be enough depots, and that the merging circuit is taking up too much space.

Monstrosity
By some miracle it works!

McDonalds Mega Station - OpenTTD
Klaatu Barada... Necktie... Nickel... Nihuhuh! Ok then. That's it.
Attachments:
Ant Colony Simulator

Ants are common insects, but they have some unique capabilities. More than 10,000 known ant species occur around the world. They are especially prevalent in tropical forests, where they may be up to half of all the insects living in some locations.

Ants are social insects that live in colonies that may reach as many as a few million members. Ants work together to gather food and care for the young, and their behavior is surprisingly coordinated and methodical for such seemingly simple insects. Ant functions depend on the ant's caste.

In the first shot we see how antscouts have found a previous forgotten branch during their daily exploration routine.
The second shot reveals how this message relayed back to the main nest in a matter of weeks ends with a newly dug tunnel.
Then, much to our surprise, a point is chosen where travellers can rest their weary antenna's
Even warrior ants show their face, depicting a certain resolve to never leave those forgotten alone again.
Attachments:
Some screenshots from The Shore, a very easy "game" with a lot of issues and many debatable gameplay choices.

As an avid Lovecraft reader, though, it's one of the most interesting Lovecraftian interactive "experiences" I have tried so far. Not particularly interesting as a game anyway.
Attachments:
Some other weird shit from The Shore, feat. Cthulhu mighty clappin' ass...
Attachments:
When your tech is so advanced .....

that a small raiding party diminished the defences of an entire world ........

the command cruiser and its support group consisting of 4 destroyers and 6 frigates carry a total of 360 special assault marines dropped into action by means of 24 assault pods. the plan was to 'raid' the planet of its valuables after destroying the space station on guard. The first wave carried 120 marines in to action by then the 65000 heads strong enemy garrison stood in high alert awaiting the pods to arrive. those chaps cut through their lines like butter!

space marines!!!
Attachments:
Terran Terrorist Simulator ...aka XCOM 2

Just some random thoughts:
- It felt a little overwhelming at first since War of the Chosen seems to add quite a bit extra stuff into the base game, making the start of the game pretty damn busy. It took a while before I got enough downtime between missions to actually research and build stuff.
- I thought those frequent timers might become a real turnoff, but it's not long before the player receives infinite turtle-power during concealment with a resistance order, which rarely makes me concerned about not making the deadline.
- The Avatar project also seemed to race along until I kept sabotaging it repeatedly and delaying it by blowing up their facilities. Seems like the xenos' progress barely moved in months. ;)
- Still loving the cinematic approach that carried over from the Enemy Unknown remake.

Overall, I'm having a lot of fun with the game. :) A really well-done sequel.
Attachments:
get_some.jpg (316 Kb)
Post edited April 10, 2022 by Mr.Mumbles
I'm currently playing Balrum, which is an RPG that works in real time until you enter combat which switches to turn-based. The only thing I find annoying with this game are the deer, which will initiate combat then run away.

The game also has base building, which is what this screen shot is of. Currently I have chickens and pigs. While I'm growing just pumpkins on this screen shot, there's other food. I just happened to be doing pumpkins at the time of this screen shot. Those little glowing things are wisps, which can be caught with the animal taming trap then penned in around vegetables to ensure that they never become diseased.

I haven't built the house yet because I haven't decided what I'm going to do with it other than somewhere off to the left of the chickens and the teleporters... so for now, it's just sleeping in a tent with some storage chests off to the side to hold stuff.
Attachments:
balrum.jpg (344 Kb)