It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vythonaut: ...
Quite the title you have there! It really is the most imaginative one that i've seen around here; kudos for including Pluto too! :)
maybe i just had too much time on my hands :D

screenshot:
again Grim Dawn... my "zoo keeper" conjurer and his pets. i'm still looking for the legendary amulet that will give me a second raven.
Attachments:
Post edited February 06, 2018 by Smogg
Attachments:
vaporum.jpg (432 Kb)
I defeated Diablo on Normal yesterday, but it was very difficult. My minions and merc kept dying within seconds from his fire and lightning attacks, so I focused on casting Clay Golem and Iron Maiden until more than half of his health was gone. Then I brought my Skeletons and merc back in, and Diablo fell before I knew it. Apart from an Amn rune and a bunch of useless items, he dropped a unique armor that was thankfully better than the one I was wearing.

I'm about halfway through Act 5, and I'm about to tackle Nihlathak's Temple. Watching my army hack through legions of Minions and Imps was a long and tedious process, but I'm enjoying how the drop quality is gradually going up. Exceptional items are finally making appearances, and I can't complain about the two Sol runes I found in the Frigid Highlands and Crystalline Passage.
Attachments:
newarmor.png (273 Kb)
Themken: Mount & Blade, I have played this game too much.
Yes! I hate Swadians. Rhodoks FTW!
This particular screenshot is a bit old-ish compared to where i am now progress wise but its pretty.
Also never let 14 year olds handle explosives. :p

game: Zwei:AA
Attachments:
Another Can-Am Challenge Cup race ended and it was great fun. Just don't mind the last screenshot where i'm airborne; while the car suffered a substantial amount of damage in the steering system, i was able to finish the race even if i lost some places in the process. Quite a risky moment that one there..
Attachments:
Return to Na Pali???
Attachments:
so_unreal.jpg (480 Kb)
stumbled upon a forgotten collection of win3.1 games on my hard disk from god knows where ...
this one is unexpectedly decent.
Attachments:
My third time killing Mephisto yielded a serviceable helm. I'll be back later.
Attachments:
mephdrops.png (276 Kb)
itemid.png (197 Kb)
lanipcga: I defeated Diablo on Normal yesterday, but it was very difficult. My minions and merc kept dying within seconds from his fire and lightning attacks, so I focused on casting Clay Golem and Iron Maiden until more than half of his health was gone. Then I brought my Skeletons and merc back in, and Diablo fell before I knew it. Apart from an Amn rune and a bunch of useless items, he dropped a unique armor that was thankfully better than the one I was wearing.

I'm about halfway through Act 5, and I'm about to tackle Nihlathak's Temple. Watching my army hack through legions of Minions and Imps was a long and tedious process, but I'm enjoying how the drop quality is gradually going up. Exceptional items are finally making appearances, and I can't complain about the two Sol runes I found in the Frigid Highlands and Crystalline Passage.
Seeing as I'm massively in the mood for and desperately trying to avoid a D2 run with a necromancer (almost always took the barbarian), your posts aren't exactly helping :)
But oh boy, I remember those red lightning attacks of Diablo. Most everything else I remember as survivable, but that damned stream of lightning usually got me at some point.
Vythonaut: Another Can-Am Challenge Cup race ended and it was great fun. Just don't mind the last screenshot where i'm airborne; while the car suffered a substantial amount of damage in the steering system, i was able to finish the race even if i lost some places in the process. Quite a risky moment that one there..
Nice to see you upgraded to some more, uhm, intimidating looking cars :)
viperfdl: Return to Na Pali???
Game? Is it an easter egg? Unreal had tons of those crosses, frequently 'occupied' ones.
Post edited February 08, 2018 by Matewis
viperfdl: Return to Na Pali???
Matewis: Game? Is it an easter egg? Unreal had tons of those crosses, frequently 'occupied' ones.
The Solus Project
Not sure whether it's just an easter egg or not.
I've been spending some time with Cataclysm : Dark Days Ahead. Not sure how well known it is but here's a good RPS article on it : https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/11/14/cataclysm-dark-days-ahead/
and a good trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurxnNDl1AU

I'm totally enthralled with the game. There is so much you can do. It gives me the type of freedom and depth (more depth even) than Dwarf Fortress adventure mode, only it's actually playable.
I normally played with ascii graphics, but recently started using the same retro tileset as in the RPS article along with a pretty excellent soundpack. Unfortunately having some more pressing work I've had to put cdda on ice for now, but I'm counting the days until I can get back at it.

My most recent run leading to that screenshot began with the 'a very bad day scenario'. It means your character starts drunk, suffering from the flu and with an infected bite wound. As if that weren't enough you also start naked in a house that just caught fire surrounded by zombies.To balance it out this scenario gives you extra character points at character creation to make a more powerful character, which I used to make a fitter, faster character that could sneak around less noisily and attract less attention from the local wildlife (met my end several time at the paws/hooves of a moose/bear/pack of wolves).

On my fifth attempt at such a character I managed to escape across a bridge littered with vehicles to find a stocked RV, and very luckily a map of the surroundings and a working car with a little bit of fuel. On the map I noticed what looked like a small community nearby where there shouldn't be too many zombies (not that all the dozens of different types of zombies make up all the enemies in the game, but its mostly zombies you'll find in previously populated areas).

A few dents in my car later the few zombies in town were thoroughly mushed and I set up base in a house next to a doctor's clinic where I found some antibiotics to treat my infection. Down the street was an armoured personnel carrier with mounted M249 heavy machine guns, and after acquiring some tools during raids I managed to remove one with 35 rounds of ammunition.

Then one day a fellow survivor happened upon my base with wild stories of some terrifying creature in the nearby woods and asked for help. Knowing that helping him could net me a potential ally I took the heavy M249 and went to investigate. What I came across was a Jabberwock in the process of terrifying and eviscerating the local woodland creatures. As per the game description "A putrid amalgamation of body parts from humans and other creatures have fused together in this aberration of flesh. The eyes of all the heads dart about rapidly and the mouths form a chorus of groaning screams".
As soon as it noticed me it charged, and as soon as it was too close to miss I unloaded the M249 on full auto. Hence the screenshot (taken with my phone since I wasn't in windowed mode which seems to be the only way to take screenshots otherwise)
Attachments:
cdda.jpg (490 Kb)
Here are some pics from the semifinal race of the '71 Cam-Am Challenge Cup that took part (edit/correction: took place) in Watkins Glen.

Matewis: Nice to see you upgraded to some more, uhm, intimidating looking cars :)
To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the Can-Am mods (there are two of them available, covering the '66 & '71 periods respectively) until now; it's the first championship that i take part into, even though i did several hotlapping & practice sessions when they were released. Compared to the F1 cars of '67, they are like day & night; much more powerful, much more heavy, heaps of downforce generated by the whole bodywork, considerably faster in fast & wide tracks (great top speed especially when slipstreaming) but little to no fun -as well as slower- in more technical tracks.
Attachments:
Post edited February 09, 2018 by Vythonaut
Perhaps it's due to commitment issues that I'm again going for something light (and shitty). If you wanna guess and then check, here's the game.
Attachments:
kneedeep.jpg (494 Kb)
Hitting early access on March 1, and it's really charming and good from what I've played. No idea if it's coming to GOG.
Attachments:
foxtail.png (75 Kb)