It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

- Aftermath of a bandit slaughter
- Fighting on a cliffside
- Big desert battle

Game : Age of Decadence.

So far the game is reminding me a lot of Fallout and Wasteland, only with less freedom and far more unforgiving. The very interesting world and lore definitely carries the game a bit. I'd love for a bigger development team to have a crack at making this kind of game. It feels very unique, and even though I feel there's a lot of negative points I am somehow still having a lot of fun with it.
Attachments:
bandits.jpg (432 Kb)
cliff.jpg (371 Kb)
One hour before bedtime (whenever that may be), I do lemon ginger tea and Spiritfarer. Been keeping this ritual up for the last six months now. This game really helps me relax before I crawl under the covers. :)

(I reserve my monster slaying rampages for the remainder of my day!)
Attachments:
Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4. Finished NG+ quite some time ago, but now just find this old save and decided to trudge around poking robodinos and shooting arrows and bombs at stuff.
It was suprisingly fun.
Attachments:
- Entire village decided to attack me. I killed their guards that tried to stop me from entering a tomb underneath the village, but still.
- This game is surprisingly good at creating a sense of height.
- Managed to impale the final arena challenger with my long spear, giving me one turn with my shorter spear to finnish him off.
- Ambushed by some Imperials along a desert road.
- Spears are awesome!
Attachments:
village.jpg (453 Kb)
height.jpg (218 Kb)
arena.jpg (395 Kb)
ambush.jpg (360 Kb)
brutal.jpg (326 Kb)
Today there was finally some time for yet another turn. All of the administrative weight really pulls down on this already tired mind, keeping track of relations, deciding how to spend the income, review army positions, deciding on goals etc etc etc.

In short, it is due time the rank of King will be obtained so it will possible to field an additional army.
The enemy is sailing down the Yangtze river making good time, hopefully the season of autumn will slow down their progression. The King and his most trusted advisor are making preparations to lay siege to the capital of Cao Xiang, defeat of this faction will not only weaken the alliance against us, as you can see their numbers are twice that of what we can bring to the table, but will satisfy the forbidden powers behind the court granting us new access to wealth and possibilities

edit :

added another screenshot, spring, 6 months later, 4 armies are invading, only sensible response seems to be to keep the pressure on their estates hoping to draw back one or two of their armies
Attachments:
Post edited January 30, 2021 by Zimerius
Civilization IV

I really, really wanted the aluminum so I squeezed in a city on the last unsettled tile on Saladin's continent.
Attachments:
dag.jpg (249 Kb)
Finally finished Age of Decadence. As difficult as the combat was initially, it got quite easy towards the end as I put all my points into crafting and crafted the best spears in the game. I'd wager that spear+dodge is one of the best, if not the best combat skill in the game.

- Fancy new armor
- Desert battle
- One of the endings (spoilers warning of course)
Attachments:
armor.jpg (311 Kb)
ending.jpg (174 Kb)
Fantasy General

slowly reconquering the 3d isle with the Knight Marshall

so far its been a harsh journey but with the discovery of a lot of ancient artifacts and the help of a famous knight who rides a dragon

( not the game of choice but since all other games are advanced into points it really only makes sense to pour some hours into them in the free moments of the wkend it was either this or panzer corp, and with Barbosa of to a hard start Fantasy General seemed to be the logic choice @whoneedsanexcusetoplayfantasygeneral )
Attachments:
fg1.jpg (460 Kb)
Trying out some Gladius. It's pretty fun, especially if you're into 40K. I love the way your base expands the time goes on: you have to place actual buildings to take advantage of terrain bonuses (kind of like Civ 6, except you can place multiple buildings on one hex).

As an added bonus the game also runs surprisingly well.
Attachments:
gladius.jpg (470 Kb)
home_base.jpg (481 Kb)
Post edited February 04, 2021 by Matewis
Matewis: Trying out some Gladius. It's pretty fun, especially if you're into 40K. I love the way your base expands the time goes on: you have to place actual buildings to take advantage of terrain bonuses (kind of like Civ 6, except you can place multiple buildings on one hex).

As an added bonus the game also runs surprisingly well.
the a.i. is deadly and a bit reminiscent of beyond earth
To Moscow!!!!
Attachments:
pz.jpg (404 Kb)
Post edited February 05, 2021 by Zimerius
Anno 1602 endless gameplay managed to get 2500 aristrocrats and build a cathedral.
Attachments:
No beer? No problem!

Matewis: Finally finished Age of Decadence. As difficult as the combat was initially, it got quite easy towards the end as I put all my points into crafting and crafted the best spears in the game.
I guess you already know it, but if you enjoyed the combat in AoD you should definitely check out Dungeon Rats.
Attachments:
Time for some mindless shooting in Battle Engine Aquila.
Step 1: Play through tutorial.
Attachments:
beaquila1.jpg (367 Kb)
Fonzer: Anno 1602 endless gameplay managed to get 2500 aristrocrats and build a cathedral.
Now that's a trip down memory lane :) Your screengrabs remind of something that really annoys me of gog's anno 1602 page. Not one of the screenshots show off anything more advanced than a couple of settler houses. Not even a single citizen house!
Vythonaut: I guess you already know it, but if you enjoyed the combat in AoD you should definitely check out Dungeon Rats.
I think I was more fascinated with the world and general vibe of the game than any of the mechanics. I wasn't wowed by the combat sadly.
Their upcoming game after Dungeon Rats, Colony Ship looks very intriguing though.

OT, behold my front against the Tyranid xenos!
Attachments:
front.jpg (481 Kb)
base.jpg (451 Kb)
Post edited February 06, 2021 by Matewis
Matewis: Their upcoming game after Dungeon Rats, Colony Ship looks very intriguing though.
Indeed; I've been keeping an eye for it too.