It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Yann_Darko: SHERLOCK HOLMES - Crimes and Punishments
"Footprints? That's your proof?"
All the different ways to solve cases....such fun. :)

Only thing I didn't like when I played it(only beat it once so far btw) is that once you finish the game it "wipes"(clears) yer saves(at least on console) so you cannot simply play every different ending by reloading.

Yann_Darko: HALFWAY
"Where did this dog come from?"
Watch out....i've seen "The Thing" many times, and finding dogs like that is usually not a good sign. o.0

-----------------------------------------------
============================
-----------------------------------------------

My entry for the thread:

1. An odd face of a woman(?) on a wall....I wonder who this masked lady might be...we will see, I hope.

2. So they're trying to convince me that a river/stream in the middle of nowhere with NO ROADS nearby that I can see would have a ton of trash in it AND old cars? o.0

Seems legit.
Attachments:
Post edited October 30, 2020 by GamesRater
Yann_Darko: HALFWAY
"Where did this dog come from?"
GamesRater: Watch out....i've seen "The Thing" many times, and finding dogs like that is usually not a good sign. o.0
This is definitely an in-game reference to The Thing. There are references to Alien, also, and probably others that I have missed.
The dog was in the same long-travel-frozen-pod with a human, human who can't recall anything, not even who she is... just that she was with the dog.
Great game, Halfway, and the story, though straightforward, is intriguing, very well written.
(Yep, I'm a big fan of 1980's Carpenter movies too.)
Post edited October 30, 2020 by Yann_Darko
I've found a very interesting poster. :)
Attachments:
new_vegas.jpg (249 Kb)
low rated
Yann_Darko: (Yep, I'm a big fan of 1980's Carpenter movies too.)
So which is your pick: Childs or Macready? ;)

=====

Sarafan: I've found a very interesting poster. :)
So it's John Romero? ;)
Post edited October 31, 2020 by GamesRater
Continuing where I left off in Caesar 3. But first I want to do some experiments for which I set up a small experiment city. There's a lot of questions around the game mechanics I want to figure out first, e.g. how quickly the population goes through grain as opposed to fruit/vegetables/fish? how the market buyer prioritizes granaries based on content and distance? relationship between granary and food containing warehouse? and if I can, go to get young people into the city?
Attachments:
Post edited October 31, 2020 by Matewis
Yann_Darko: (Yep, I'm a big fan of 1980's Carpenter movies too.)
GamesRater: So which is your pick: Childs or Macready? ;)
Plissken...
Attachments:
Matewis: Continuing where I left off in Caesar 3. But first I want to do some experiments for which I set up a small experiment city. There's a lot of questions around the game mechanics I want to figure out first, e.g. how quickly the population goes through grain as opposed to fruit/vegetables/fish? how the market buyer prioritizes granaries based on content and distance? relationship between granary and food containing warehouse? and if I can, go to get young people into the city?
Great tastes in games, you've got.
Wait a minute... Are you playing the game in widescreen? It's possible?
Yann_Darko: Great tastes in games, you've got.
Wait a minute... Are you playing the game in widescreen? It's possible?
Sure thing, I'm using the Julius mod which adds widescreen and some couple quality of life improvements. It's pretty much exactly the vanilla game mechanics wise.
https://github.com/bvschaik/julius
There is also an Augustus mod that adds certain gameplay features from the later games in the series, but that's not quite my cup of tea.
Matewis: Sure thing, I'm using the Julius mod which adds widescreen and some couple quality of life improvements. It's pretty much exactly the vanilla game mechanics wise.
https://github.com/bvschaik/julius
There is also an Augustus mod that adds certain gameplay features from the later games in the series, but that's not quite my cup of tea.
Thanks, I'm eager to play with the Julius MOD!
Heavy Metal Hero... aka Brutal Legend

This one's been sitting in my backlog for a number of years. I like the world design, humor, and the kicking soundtrack. The combat is... well... tolerable. ;)
Attachments:
bangin'.jpg (246 Kb)
rock_on.jpg (231 Kb)
The Talos Principle.
Attachments:
low rated
Yann_Darko: Plissken...
So snake was the thing at the end? o.0

========

My contribution for the day:

1. A found secret, and a nice little homage to the original(censored a bit for GOG[was tame to begin with, but bets to be on the safe side])

2. A nice "parking job" from later on in the game.
Attachments:
Post edited November 01, 2020 by GamesRater
not much to add

first pic... looking at some , for now friendly troops, that are better equipped then mine.... laser weapons vs mine machine guns... combat armor against environment suits with patched up armor pieces... super heavy tanks against my lights ... i do am in possession of more manpower though... a bit like east meets west during the cold war period, i'm actually flooding his country with spies that scurry under every rock to discredit their current leader sharing the info we find with the government group most in favor with my regime....

second pic, the new chair i sit in as of yesterday....
Attachments:
chair.jpg (23 Kb)
Been running circles around Tor Gvalch'ca (an ancient tower which was erected in the days when Elves were the unchallenged masters of those lands) and admiring it's splendor from many different view points. :)

Hoping to complete The Witcher 3 before Cyberpunk 2077 launches. LOL! ;)
Attachments:
Wanted to quickly check out a specific puzzle in Island of Dr Brain, so had to quickly play through novice to get there.
Attachments: