It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
arrua: Do you actually play with those numbers up there in the left corner of the screen. Doesn´t that distract you worsening your gaming experience?

It would distract me, that´s for sure.
It can be distracting to some, but in my opinion such is sometimes nice to have.....especially if the info is sparse & not too intrusive on the screen, and it can help in some way.
(like listing secret counts and such, so that one doesn't have to go open the menus or look at such stats elsewhere while they are playing)
Post edited September 10, 2020 by GamesRater
Radiance1979: some unholy fun in gears 4

bit of a mass effect 2 feeling on it ( very positive comment, sorry if i freaked out some gear.... heads )

optimized as hell as expected from microsoft

high ram and vram usage but not really to the liking of the gpu or cpu, at least cpu going around 60 degrees .. gpu struggling to keep it on 60 fps though drawing power like its a green horse on a hippy summer fest
arrua: Do you actually play with those numbers up there in the left corner of the screen. Doesn´t that distract you worsening your gaming experience?

Most of the time during the start of a new game to test my settings yes, sometimes i forget to turn it of, it is a 27 inch screen and usually the top corner is not where my attention is aimed.

sometimes games start behaving differently with how far you progress so i find it pretty neat to have the option of the performance osd under the tip of a finger, a bit of curiosity " why is their a disturbance in the force ?? << breaths heavily mechanical " and sometimes to determine if the settings need a little tweak. Overall it is a bit funny, i already calculated that the system's powerdraw at 8 hours of gaming usage a day will cost me around 250 euro's a year

https://outervision.com/b/yHbcS6

which translates to 18 someting a month, still i'm always on this quest to save pennies, though this started with decreasing sound levels and finding the best quality at the lowest amount of heat production, maybe because i'm dutch.

GamesRater: It can be distracting to some, but in my opinion such is sometimes nice to have.....especially if the info is sparse & not too intrusive on the screen, and it can help in some way.
(like listing secret counts and such, so that one doesn't have to go open the menus or look at such stats elsewhere while they are playing)
I get that when playing to modern games, it might be advisable to control the temperatures of the GPU, mother board and CPU. But I would do it in a different way. For example, by programming an overclock program to shut down the computer if any component of the PC reaches a certain temperature. I have never used such tool, but I´m pretty sure there are some out there in the internet.

Sorry for the off topic.

Radiance1979: Most of the time during the start of a new game to test my settings yes, sometimes i forget to turn it of, it is a 27 inch screen and usually the top corner is not where my attention is aimed.

sometimes games start behaving differently with how far you progress so i find it pretty neat to have the option of the performance osd under the tip of a finger, a bit of curiosity " why is their a disturbance in the force ?? << breaths heavily mechanical " and sometimes to determine if the settings need a little tweak. Overall it is a bit funny, i already calculated that the system's powerdraw at 8 hours of gaming usage a day will cost me around 250 euro's a year

https://outervision.com/b/yHbcS6

which translates to 18 someting a month, still i'm always on this quest to save pennies, though this started with decreasing sound levels and finding the best quality at the lowest amount of heat production, maybe because i'm dutch.
Thanks for the reply.
Post edited September 10, 2020 by arrua
low rated
arrua: I get that when playing to modern games, it might be advisable to control the temperatures of the GPU, mother board and CPU. But I would do it in a different way. For example, by programming an overclock program to shut down the computer if any component of the PC reaches a certain temperature. I have never used such tool, but I´m pretty sure there are some out there in the internet.

Sorry for the off topic.
Not a problem(re offtopic a bit). :)

As for using temp control programs, those are good as well.
(though obviously not good for testing what settings in a game cause lag/etc)
Don't Fuck With Redheads... aka Control

I'm really enjoying this one, from the weird as fuck story and lore to the action gameplay. Remedy has definitely upped their game. The transforming gun is, eh, alright I guess, but it really starts to become fun once Jesse starts acquiring powers. Looking forward to being able to levitate later on. :)

It's also a very nice looking game, too, although some of those facial animations sure look a bit off. *shrug* I've played around with the RTX setting for my first few hours of play - it's the first time I actually turned on that feature for my 2060 Super - and while it does add some nice detail, in the heat of the action its presence is hardly noticeable if at all. Tried with everything on and DLSS, which gave me nice smooth 60 FPS. Unfortunately, this early version of it has some very ugly artifact-ghosting in motion. So I tried at 1080P with just reflections on, which worked well at first, but it had some serious frame dips in more complex areas in the power plant. Ultimately, I just ended up turning off RTX completely So I could continue to enjoy a nice steady 60 frames with everything else dialed to the max. Still looks quite lovely.

While I kept getting errors from Galaxy when trying to take screenshots, luckily the built-in photo mode works quite well, also providing me with the ability for better hud-less composition shots. :)
Attachments:
ominous.jpg (112 Kb)
Mr.Mumbles: Don't Fuck With Redheads... aka Control

I'm really enjoying this one, from the weird as fuck story and lore to the action gameplay. Remedy has definitely upped their game. The transforming gun is, eh, alright I guess, but it really starts to become fun once Jesse starts acquiring powers. Looking forward to being able to levitate later on. :)

It's also a very nice looking game, too, although some of those facial animations sure look a bit off. *shrug* I've played around with the RTX setting for my first few hours of play - it's the first time I actually turned on that feature for my 2060 Super - and while it does add some nice detail, in the heat of the action its presence is hardly noticeable if at all. Tried with everything on and DLSS, which gave me nice smooth 60 FPS. Unfortunately, this early version of it has some very ugly artifact-ghosting in motion. So I tried at 1080P with just reflections on, which worked well at first, but it had some serious frame dips in more complex areas in the power plant. Ultimately, I just ended up turning off RTX completely So I could continue to enjoy a nice steady 60 frames with everything else dialed to the max. Still looks quite lovely.

While I kept getting errors from Galaxy when trying to take screenshots, luckily the built-in photo mode works quite well, also providing me with the ability for better hud-less composition shots. :)
cool action shot
Having fun in Targa Florio - Grand Prix Legends.
Attachments:
targa-1.jpeg (252 Kb)
targa-2.jpeg (300 Kb)
targa-3.jpeg (316 Kb)
targa-4.jpeg (293 Kb)
This is not a normal day in the bureau anymore.
Attachments:
controlue.jpg (487 Kb)
Berzerk2002: This is not a normal day in the bureau anymore.
damn! you almost make me boot up the game again

scurrying for levels in Pathfinder

- centipedes!

- tricked by a will 'o whisp , actually not that tricked, a deserted camp site, death everywhere and just enough supplies to make it through the night gave it away, curiosity decided on taking the bait, the appearance of that ethereal being made me reload

- holding of a horde of zombies, and a first assault on the castle, made it to the courtyard, noticed an owlbear, decided that first we need some more scurrying for levels again before we attempt another go at this castle
Attachments:
Post edited September 14, 2020 by Radiance1979
I really didn't expect to visit someones mansion today but here I am.
Attachments:
Fun in Targa Florio continued.
Attachments:
targa-5.jpeg (246 Kb)
targa-6.jpeg (369 Kb)
targa-7.jpeg (298 Kb)
low rated
Still on Black Mesa, a bit more than half way through(by chapter counts).....now up:

1st pic: My new friends are sad to see me go....as they lock the door behind me.

2nd pic: Those troopers did some bad things in Black Mesa up til this point: silencing Gordon's fellow colleagues, damaging parts of the Black Mesa complex(the ones that weren't already in disrepair, that is), etc

But this is going too far. o.0
Attachments:
fired up Tyranny to confirm which of the rpg's is more beautiful,

tyranny looks better then pathfinder but it is also a newer game

so there's that.
Attachments:
I belief i would like Valerie as a queen, i really do, she's the prettiest one, not as flirty and insane as the chaotic good person ( how could you trust anyone chaotic i ask you ) Not as creepy maniacal as queen Vampire, not as dumb and heroic as the nothern barbarian... not as small as the witty bard, she's not the smartest either but already had her training in royalty 101 long before ever joining this small group.... kinda silly but i'm actually thinking about if it would be possible for me to win her over without those ridiculous lines the writers give as an option atm. Your beauty really needs to be discussed? Eh maybe i'll wait it out a bit to see if she warms up in a later stage

Anyways.. beat the mann eater troll!!

And currently caught in an endeavor that leads my small group of merry men into the darkest caves anyone'd ever seen

found the first bug too. I can only cast light on one member of the team granting some light in that terrible dark that even darkens the belt lanterns some of my members carry. Already had a fight but the king of those overgrown froglike monsters still roams the hall so i went back to the tavern to prepare suitable with fetching a torch to be used by the priest who's only expected to use his spells one of this spells being to prepare a fairy dust extract which can be used as a throwing weapon lightning up all who came into contact with the dust removing any +20 stealth feat some creatures receive from fighting in the darkness. In the first baldurs gate at least elfs had that infra thing vision but i have yet to find it here. The only thing i'm missing from baldurs gate atm, with this game far superior ( and ofcourse i like dnd 3,5 a lot more )

screenshot from the dark follows later on
Attachments:
Post edited September 15, 2020 by Radiance1979
Screenshots

1. normal night
2. deep cave without torch and lightglobe
3. deep cave with tools
4. frogs covered in fairy dust
Attachments: