It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some highlights from the 1967 F1 Championship I've finished recently. Grand Prix Legends.
Attachments:
lotus.jpeg (369 Kb)
mirabeau.jpeg (399 Kb)
viperfdl: Never played a Final Fantasy game. So it's new to me that there exists a spell called "Ultima" in that games.
dtgreene: So, sounds like you are perhaps the reverse of the people on the website I mentioned.

Some gamers play only JRPGs, not playing WRPGs at all. Others play only WRPGs, not playing JRPGs at all.

I, on the other hand, tend to play older CRPGs, regardless of which side of the line they're on. In fact, I often enjoy playing what I've started to call "proto-RPGs", which are RPGs that came out before the basic conventions of the genre were established; I would classify the original Ultima as one. (Having HP not have a cap, and instead something you accumulate like money, is certainly rather unusual, for one thing.)

By the way, in the Final Fantasy series, the Ultima spell first appeared in FF2 (which feels more like an ancestor of the SaGa series, which is a series that has unconventional mechanics and would later blur the line between JRPG and WRPG), but then didn't make another appearance until FF6, when it became a recurring element in the series. Interestingly enough, I believe there was a change of director for the series, and as a result I consider FF5 to be the last "classic" FF and FF6 to be the first "modern" FF.

Meanwhile, the Ultima series had the same director throughout, but we can certainly see some evolution here; Ultima 4 was when Richard Garriott started to give the world a consistent map and history between games.

Yes, I do like discussing how RPGs have evolved over the ages, even though I don't like how they ended up evolving over time (particularly in the late 1990s).
Well, I never had a console so I haven't played any of this games. I played JRPGs like Elminage Gothic here on GOG and games like Septerra Core or Anachronox but most JRPG put me off with the "overcute" graphicstyle.
dtgreene: So, sounds like you are perhaps the reverse of the people on the website I mentioned.

Some gamers play only JRPGs, not playing WRPGs at all. Others play only WRPGs, not playing JRPGs at all.

I, on the other hand, tend to play older CRPGs, regardless of which side of the line they're on. In fact, I often enjoy playing what I've started to call "proto-RPGs", which are RPGs that came out before the basic conventions of the genre were established; I would classify the original Ultima as one. (Having HP not have a cap, and instead something you accumulate like money, is certainly rather unusual, for one thing.)

By the way, in the Final Fantasy series, the Ultima spell first appeared in FF2 (which feels more like an ancestor of the SaGa series, which is a series that has unconventional mechanics and would later blur the line between JRPG and WRPG), but then didn't make another appearance until FF6, when it became a recurring element in the series. Interestingly enough, I believe there was a change of director for the series, and as a result I consider FF5 to be the last "classic" FF and FF6 to be the first "modern" FF.

Meanwhile, the Ultima series had the same director throughout, but we can certainly see some evolution here; Ultima 4 was when Richard Garriott started to give the world a consistent map and history between games.

Yes, I do like discussing how RPGs have evolved over the ages, even though I don't like how they ended up evolving over time (particularly in the late 1990s).
viperfdl: Well, I never had a console so I haven't played any of this games. I played JRPGs like Elminage Gothic here on GOG and games like Septerra Core or Anachronox but most JRPG put me off with the "overcute" graphicstyle.
Don't know about Septerra Core and Anachronox, but I wouldn't call Elminage Gothic a JRPG unless you would count the original Wizardry as one, as Elminage Gothic has far more in common with early Wizardry than it does with games like the Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy serieses.
Icewind Dale 2. I only played once, but never finished. This time will be different. And here I literally die between Caulder's reaction and my answer. Eheheh...
Attachments:
img03.jpg (380 Kb)
XzAr_79: Icewind Dale 2. I only played once, but never finished. This time will be different. And here I literally die between Caulder's reaction and my answer. Eheheh...
Have you tried the widescreen mod or do you prefer the original aspect ratio?
Wait, how did I cast this spell in this battle?

(For those not familiar with FF5, I'm fighting Ramuh, who you have to fight to get the Ramuh summon, and who you can (normally) only fight once. So, how am I using the Ramuh summon in this fight? (For the curious, it did -424 damage, as Ramuh, of course, absorbs his own element.))
Attachments:
ff5-ramuh.png (312 Kb)
Grinding my way through Ultima II with fan patch.
Attachments:
ultima2.jpg (358 Kb)
On the image is a depiction of Urist Mc Neil in slade.
The object menaces with spikes of wit.
Urist Mc Neil is standing defiantly.
Urist Mc Neil is embracing the Undead Seige
The Undead Seige is laboring.

That's right I'm playing Dwarf Fortress :D
The gorgeous F1 1994 mod for Grand Prix 4.
Attachments:
gp4-1.jpeg (369 Kb)
gp4-2.jpeg (263 Kb)
gp4-3.jpeg (308 Kb)
Finally...

Luckily there are still written walkthroughs online.
Attachments:
viperfdl: Finally...

Luckily there are still written walkthroughs online.
So, I guess they already had the name Exodus picked out.

(I think there was some issue involving the publisher that made the developer want to leave at this point.)
Visited some friends on Talos I.
Attachments:
atwork.jpg (275 Kb)
recycling.jpg (300 Kb)
boo.jpg (96 Kb)
no.jpg (155 Kb)
JackknifeJohnson: Visited some friends on Talos I.
You have scary friends.
The Wild Wild West World... aka Rimworld

I haven't really played the game after my second attempt. Not that I lost the second colony, but playing on the super peaceful setting just ended up being way too sedate, so in my current game I'm playing on semi-default difficulty: Cassandra Classic on Adventure.

While one or two of my colonists had close calls, luckily nobody has died thus far and there have been no lasting major injuries. :) Growing the colony sure takes a bit more time when one has to fend off frequent raider attacks or roaming packs of wild animals. I've also started doing quite a bit of questing and trading, allying myself with the two major groups settled nearby. In the meantime, I've liberated two prisoners from enemy camps on different occasions - including my alter ego's father-in-law - I've converted a prisoner to our cause, and I've nurtured an ancient one back to health, while a dazzling showgirl bamboozled her way into the group all by herself. Well, at least the latter has proved quite the tenacious researcher, even though she started as a complete nitwit.

Now that I have a decent-sized group I allowed myself to start building a major expansion near my main compound, which will mainly be a focal point for my extended food production. Funnily enough, up to this point I haven't done any kind of farming, surviving primarily on a pure meat-based diet - woe be unto any wildlife unfortunate enough to stray too close to my settlement! - but things are about to change.

It only took me thirty-some hours of playtime to get to this point.... "I merely wanted to play for an hour!", which has the curious habit of turning into 5+ instead. ;)
Attachments:
Post edited July 24, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles
Death Shall Take Thee... aka Rimworld, continued

Guess I spoke too soon. Not long after my last post things went sideways. One of my colonists got torn to shreds due to an offensive I had to lead against a raider team that was about to build a mortar in my back yard. I'll have none of that! Fortunately for her, the bionic arm and eye she got in return actually improved her output.

That said, my first two colonists went to sing with the angels. No, it was not a bandit, wild beast, or homicidal machine that brought their doom upon them. It was merely the common flu they caught on a routine trade run, but sadly it escalated and both perished on their way to the trade point. To add insult to injury I couldn't even trade because the only person left alive in the caravan was the anti-social huntress. At the very least I made the effort to bring back the bodies in order to give the dead a proper burial. (Curiously I noticed they could have possibly been sold as well since there was a price attached to those corpses.)

Poor Zelda. Not only did she lose the family dog just before the trip but also her husband and father. Naturally, in all her frustration and anguish she became unwound and started smashing the shit out of her room. It also hurts the group in a whole since my alter ego that perished was also their best hunter and fighter and all around worker bee.

It'll be interesting to see how we can recover from that.
Attachments:
rip.jpg (327 Kb)