It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I can't seem to take any screenshots of Homeworld 2 but I suppose I can post a pick of me screaming obscenities while playing it. I forgot how goddamn hard that game is! :P
tinyE: I can't seem to take any screenshots of Homeworld 2 but I suppose I can post a pick of me screaming obscenities while playing it. I forgot how goddamn hard that game is! :P
It's the scroll lock key for both games. ;) And yep, it IS hard but wait until the #4 or #5 mission (the one where you're supposed to reach an asteroid base unnoticed). Good luck with that. :P
tinyE: I can't seem to take any screenshots of Homeworld 2 but I suppose I can post a pick of me screaming obscenities while playing it. I forgot how goddamn hard that game is! :P
Vythonaut: It's the scroll lock key for both games. ;) And yep, it IS hard but wait until the #4 or #5 mission (the one where you're supposed to reach an asteroid base unnoticed). Good luck with that. :P
I'm on #4. Just about to finish it. And yes I know about scroll lock., :P For some reason it's not working with Remastered. Not a biggie.
If you're playing through steam then the default is F12 for a steam screenshot.
tinyE: I'm on #4. Just about to finish it.
Brace yourself. For the #4 (if we're talking about outskirts of Gehenna here) it took me 3 mission restarts until i was able to accomplish it. Next mission, Gehenna, i tried maybe three to four times before taking a break from HW2 (remastered that is; i finished the classic version years ago, when it was still a fresh game). If you manage to beat mission #5, send me your savefiles so i can continue! :P
tinyE: I'm on #4. Just about to finish it.
Vythonaut: Brace yourself. For the #4 (if we're talking about outskirts of Gehenna here) it took me 3 mission restarts until i was able to accomplish it. Next mission, Gehenna, i tried maybe three to four times before taking a break from HW2 (remastered that is; i finished the classic version years ago, when it was still a fresh game). If you manage to beat mission #5, send me your savefiles so i can continue! :P
Just finished 3. Once I knew what I was doing it wasn't so bad. I basically suicided my corvettes to hijack one of the gates and take out the reinforcement carriers. After that it was smooth sailing. There were a few attacks but without those three carriers, nothing I couldn't handle.
Matewis: If you're playing through steam then the default is F12 for a steam screenshot.
Good advice; also, as far as i remember, one can add even non-steam games to make use of this feature. Or try an external application such as Snapper (http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/).
Trying to get the encounters done for the Warlord, grabbing stuff on the way.
Attachments:
Vythonaut: Good advice; also, as far as i remember, one can add even non-steam games to make use of this feature. Or try an external application such as Snapper (http://www.michielovertoom.com/software/snapper/).
Yes, or Greenshot which also works pretty well. I like how you can capture only a specific region of the game if you want. I used it to create massive jpeg containing entire Caesar 3 cities, which takes forever :P

Ran into a weird error with my large map emperor game : 3 of the 6 civilizations are doing almost nothing to expand. Only the egyptians, babylonians and to a lesser extent the french are doing anything. Too far along now to start over :P
Attachments:
rome.jpg (216 Kb)
Matewis: Ran into a weird error with my large map emperor game : 3 of the 6 civilizations are doing almost nothing to expand. Only the egyptians, babylonians and to a lesser extent the french are doing anything. Too far along now to start over :P
I haven't played Civilization I myself, but I once read that the AI is programmed to only build settlers if they have a certain amount of excess food in a city. Depending on how they settle their first city, they might not expand for the whole game.
I just finished another random map in HOMM3. On the whole, it wasn't too challenging. Maybe I'll put all the AI players on the same team next time.
Attachments:
poultry.png (259 Kb)
Post edited January 21, 2018 by lanipcga
American flag prototypes :D
Attachments:
dott.jpg (392 Kb)
Here are some photos from the 1965 France GP, held at the historic circuit of Rouen. For more info and some nice photos, you can visit this link: http://8w.forix.com/rouen.html
Attachments:
Vythonaut - I would love to see what mods you use to get GPL to look like the pictures you kindly share.

I am in the process of putting together a retro XP build to make up for the games unlikely to be seen on GOG (I hope I am wrong) sims such as produced by Papyrus (Nascar, GPL), Geoff Crammond (F1) and Rowan software (Mig Alley) etc.

Without derailing this topic, perhaps a new thread on your tweaks and driving advice, I'm sure a few viewers would appreciate.
jamielt:
Quote Vythonaut to get their attention. You can still do it.
Post edited January 22, 2018 by Themken