It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Matewis: Thanks for the spoiler warning, but no need since I already finished the game :)
K :)

As for me, i'm playing it on and off for like the 12th time...this time as a "douchebag shep" for laughs(i.e. renegade a ton of the choices).
Okay.
Attachments:
low rated
Darvond: Okay.
OMG.....I loved that show when I was younger....so cutesy, and i'd never admit it to those who knew me, but I loved it all the same. :)
Matewis: Luckily I don't have a great memory, so I'm already looking forward to a semi-fresh second playthrough, but with all DLCs, sometime in the future :)
Never played any DLCs. Nothing seemed like a proper expansion to me, so i skipped them all.

Matewis: As to which is better? That's difficult.
You bet! I can't pinpoint why i enjoyed ME better, but i wouldn't say one is necessarily better than the other. One thing for sure, is that EA let me down when my anticipation for ME3 was met with the Origin client.
Driving into the sunset, yet this is not the end of my game of American Truck Simulator.
Matewis: Luckily I don't have a great memory, so I'm already looking forward to a semi-fresh second playthrough, but with all DLCs, sometime in the future :)
Vythonaut: Never played any DLCs. Nothing seemed like a proper expansion to me, so i skipped them all.
I don't know if all the DLCs work this way, but the ones I looked at seem to add more content that you can do while going through the main quest. That is, a bunch of side quests essentially, only a more sophisticated than the standard ones. So I think the DLCs just make the game longer essentially.
Vythonaut: Never played any DLCs. Nothing seemed like a proper expansion to me, so i skipped them all.
Matewis: I don't know if all the DLCs work this way, but the ones I looked at seem to add more content that you can do while going through the main quest. That is, a bunch of side quests essentially, only a more sophisticated than the standard ones.
Sounds good, but at the same time it's a shame if they held the better stuff in order to make more money via the DLC route. I'm not in good terms with that practice, especially when i pay full price for a game (as I did for MEs), so i guess the only way to buy these DLCs would be for them to appear bundled with a ME collection. A GOG version no less.

Speaking of DLCs, there have been times when i was offered with special codes that enabled various stuff in-game (Dragon Age: Origins comes to mind; something about a stone golem or something), but i didn't even use them. In fact, i used to throw these flyers away - that is, when i was still buying retail.
Vythonaut: Sounds good, but at the same time it's a shame if they held the better stuff in order to make more money via the DLC route. I'm not in good terms with that practice, especially when i pay full price for a game (as I did for MEs), so i guess the only way to buy these DLCs would be for them to appear bundled with a ME collection. A GOG version no less.

Speaking of DLCs, there have been times when i was offered with special codes that enabled various stuff in-game (Dragon Age: Origins comes to mind; something about a stone golem or something), but i didn't even use them. In fact, i used to throw these flyers away - that is, when i was still buying retail.
Oh that, if we're talking about the same thing, is a complete deal-breaker for me. I hate seeing something in a game, but not being able to interact with it because I need to purchase access. The reason simply being that it takes me out of the moment. I.e. it's totally immersion breaking for me.
The way the ME dlcs work that I looked at are either new dialog options or new npcs that trigger quest lines. That's ok, unless of course as you say it's content that was held back to be sold afterwards. I don't imagine that's the case however.

The sidequests in ME1 weren't that bad though. They just needed more variation. Each surface base, underground base, mine and spaceship was essentially the same. This was fixed in ME2 of course, but I thought they could've done a little bit more to keep it from feeling so inconsequential. E.g. the saved quarian from the one side quest could've later showed up at Tali's trail, or something like that.

OT, technically not playing 'right now' (still deciding on next game), but have some images from Sol in ME2. Never got the Uranus probe easter egg though :(
Attachments:
sol.jpg (195 Kb)
jupiter.jpg (216 Kb)
The beast fell from my swords and magic, but he didn't leave a body unfortunately. :(
Attachments:
Post edited April 02, 2020 by Sarafan
Train to Erebonia, Part 2: More Choo-Choo! ... aka Trails of Cold Steel 3

Just some choice screenshots I've captured along the way.
Attachments:
reunion.jpg (347 Kb)
Matewis: Playing through ME2 for the first time
GameRager: *Maybe semi-spoilers...possibly*

Make sure to have a guide handy for the endgame(and recruit all companions)....if you want to make the right choices and have all of them make it, that is(the game is setup so that ONLY certain choice in end game will allow your companions to live).

Also upgrade ALL ship upgrades(you get to ability to ask each companion for one upgrade idea after a certain point in the game).

*End maybe spoilers*
===============================================================

LadyOgress: Ben There, Dan That!

Very amusing, wish there was voice acting!
GameRager: It is...also as with other such games one can try items from one area on things in other areas....leading to some fun dialog.
Yea, I've noticed, so I've literally been trying everything on everything (not that I'm stuck or anything!)!

But seriously, a lot of effort has been put on this, unlike other adventure games where pointless item interaction leads to a deafult message of error.
Matewis: Oh that, if we're talking about the same thing, is a complete deal-breaker for me. I hate seeing something in a game, but not being able to interact with it because I need to purchase access. The reason simply being that it takes me out of the moment. I.e. it's totally immersion breaking for me.
Yep, that's awful practice. Thankfully, there were only two games from my collection that did this; I enjoyed them nonethless, just haven't purchased any of the additional content.
low rated
Vythonaut: Speaking of DLCs, there have been times when i was offered with special codes that enabled various stuff in-game (Dragon Age: Origins comes to mind; something about a stone golem or something), but i didn't even use them. In fact, i used to throw these flyers away - that is, when i was still buying retail.
That's actually one of the better DLCs and adds new areas/side quests and a new companion....also why toss stuff that's good and free(comes with the game)?
=========================================

LadyOgress: Yea, I've noticed, so I've literally been trying everything on everything (not that I'm stuck or anything!)!
I do that as well, but with nearly all adventure games. :)

LadyOgress: But seriously, a lot of effort has been put on this, unlike other adventure games where pointless item interaction leads to a default message of error.
Yup....wait till you finish it(fun ending). :D
Post edited April 03, 2020 by GameRager
Word on the street is that "Kain is deified."
Attachments:
raziel.jpg (253 Kb)
kain.jpg (337 Kb)
Post edited April 03, 2020 by Talin_Warhaft
GameRager: That's actually one of the better DLCs and adds new areas/side quests and a new companion....also why toss stuff that's good and free(comes with the game)?
Maybe because i'm a bit of a weirdo when it comes to DLCs and such. Not that i've never bought a DLC (hell, i've been a long time fan of flight sims and i've had my fair share of paid addons for FS2004), i just don't generally support & care for them in other genres. Good to hear it's good stuff though, i'll try them all when i buy the GOG version of DA:O at some point, since i'd like to play the expansion anyway.