It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Die Amis kommen! ... aka Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

It doesn't just look a lot better, but it plays a lot better, too. Better and more satisfying shooting action plus an actual cover system that works really well and is a necessity to stay alive. The tactical map is also way more useful than that weird zoomed out overview from the first two games that was only really useful for checking on my squad's health.

Destructible cover is a lovely feature for my bazooka team. Think you can hide behind the fence? Boom, baby! ;) Distracting an MG nest with my other guys while the bazooka team sneaks up on it is also a joy to coordinate.

I'm only about 2 hours in, and it's definitely feeling like the best of the bunch. Now if I only wouldn't keep confusing the iron sight button with the command one. Whoops! Sorry guys for getting you accidentally killed again. =/
Attachments:
poor_lass.jpg (432 Kb)
Post edited February 24, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles
Flamethrower guys are pretty neat
Attachments:
Hosting a zombie party with Mr. Tea :D
Attachments:
DPS baby! :)
Attachments:
grim_dawn.jpg (251 Kb)
Flatout 2
https://www.gog.com/game/flatout_2

I "fixed"' the game using multiple addons that let me turn off the hud, play with the General Lee (car from The Dukes of Hazzard), remove car damage, and choose a high camera angle that makes playing the game a lot more enjoyable for me.
Attachments:
1. Resting at bonfire.
2. Wave attack.
Attachments:
low rated
hudfreegamer: I "fixed"' the game using multiple addons that let me turn off the hud, play with the General Lee (car from The Dukes of Hazzard), remove car damage, and choose a high camera angle that makes playing the game a lot more enjoyable for me.
Nice pic, but I need more HUDs...the more the better...till they fill half the screen even. :D
Run soldier! Ruunnn!!
Attachments:
run.jpg (380 Kb)
low rated
Matewis: Run soldier! Ruunnn!!
Nice....wasteland perhaps? :)
============================================

As for me: Pic is the game i'm playing now, even with the wonky controls I love it. :D

(Bonus +1 to any who get what game it's from without googling/etc)
Attachments:
GameRager: Nice....wasteland perhaps? :)
Well it is definitely a wasteland :P Guess I've been on a bit of a post-apoc binge lately after Wasteland 2...

Here's the penultimate campaign level: https://imgur.com/a/EA1OdGG

The difficulty is kind of all over the place. Had to play a '4-star' level 10 times, but managed to beat two subsequent '5-star' levels on the first try (this one included). Fun though!
Did he make it? :)
GameRager: (Bonus +1 to any who get what game it's from without googling/etc)
Is this In Cold Blood?
Post edited March 03, 2020 by Sarafan
Sarafan: Did he make it? :)
He survived that battle, but sadly not the war :P
Matewis: He survived that battle, but sadly not the war :P
As most of the people in this game. :P
low rated
Matewis: Well it is definitely a wasteland :P Guess I've been on a bit of a post-apoc binge lately after Wasteland 2...
Sounds good. :)

Matewis: Here's the penultimate campaign level: https://imgur.com/a/EA1OdGG

The difficulty is kind of all over the place. Had to play a '4-star' level 10 times, but managed to beat two subsequent '5-star' levels on the first try (this one included). Fun though!
As long as you enjoy it, that's all that should matter...am i right? :)

===============================================================

Sarafan: Is this In Cold Blood?
Yup.... dodgy arse controls(one can change them in a config text file but they are labelled in it as numbers instead of key names and nothing on the net says what they mean), but very fun.....well besides the bloody TIMED missions and very TIMED ending bits. :D
Post edited March 04, 2020 by GameRager
GameRager: Yup.... dodgy arse controls(one can change them in a config text file but they are labelled in it as numbers instead of key names and nothing on the net says what they mean), but very fun.....well besides the bloody TIMED missions and very TIMED ending bits. :D
I never had the occasion to play it myself. From what I remember the game received mediocre ratings in the late 90s. This probably scared me out of playing it. :)