It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Randomly picking through default maps in Blood to pitchfork start because apparently I don't have enough self-loathing in my life to keep me satisfied. I cropped out the HUD but before I ever made it in I was cut down to ~30 health. Once I did go in, I was summarily gunned down by Fanatics. Maranax infirmux, indeed.
Attachments:
Gotta Go Fast~
Attachments:
Post edited November 01, 2019 by Sildring
Zombieland... aka RE2make

Had to turn off reflections as it looked really weird in places, especially in the main hall and when characters got rained on - so many sparkles! Otherwise I've got everything else cranked up. Good gory times.
Attachments:
Oh man, "The Horns of Hattin" has finally been beaten on Hard. It's not absurdly difficult, but surviving Reynald's attack in the opening 10 minutes can be really tricky. Reynald himself can be killed easily with 10 Spearmen, but then you'll need to defeat his retinue of Cavaliers and Spearmen that try to avenge him. If your Spearmen aren't positioned well, the Cavaliers will just run past them and throw your base into chaos. To further complicate matters, you'll have to destroy a Mangonel that sneaks into view while all of this is going on. Since wood and food are initially scarce and you have two bases to micromanage, this whole opening sequence can be quite stressful.

The rest of the mission was mostly standard procedure. All the usual AI-related annoyances were there, but they weren't anything I wasn't already used to. I must say, though, that one of the most tedious aspects of AOE2 is keeping enemy melee units away from your Rams. No matter how diligently you try to intercept them, a few swordsmen or cavalry always manage to close in. This explains why I racked up a huge number of saved games for this mission alone. Rather than winning by capturing the relic, I decided to repeat my endgame from "A Perfect Martyr" and eliminate everything. The ending body count kind of suits the theme of this campaign, but I won't elaborate on it...
Attachments:
saves.png (307 Kb)
victory.png (64 Kb)
score.png (354 Kb)
There's something fishy about this abandoned village.
Attachments:
w3_fishy.jpg (426 Kb)
The Crusader AI is being a real dick. For a Saladin mission entitled "J***d!", it looks like the roles were reversed.
Attachments:
sos.png (367 Kb)
lanipcga: The Crusader AI is being a real dick. For a Saladin mission entitled "J***d!", it looks like the roles were reversed.
Oh, didn't they tell you the mission got renamed Crusade! :-)
DubConqueror: Oh, didn't they tell you the mission got renamed Crusade! :-)
You got that right. Ensemble had some sick people designing their campaigns.
My sunset bromance with Ulle The Unlucky! Letting him win the fight really warmed my heart. :)
Attachments:
Trying my hand at escaping from prison. Made one boring escape by tunnel one so far. Got an F rating though. Perhaps because it was in broad daylight :P
Attachments:
Matewis: Trying my hand at escaping from prison. Made one boring escape by tunnel one so far. Got an F rating though. Perhaps because it was in broad daylight :P
But that's a good idea isn't it? The guards get blinded by the sun :-)
Post edited November 08, 2019 by DubConqueror
I am the creature of the night! ... aka Vampyr

I'm really enjoying this one. I like that it doesn't really have a "save the world" kind of plot, and that it's more about avenging you and your dead sister. Being also focused on only a small slice of London provides a lot more depth and detail to this game world. I wasn't too keen on the combat at first, but after leveling up a bit I have some nice powers to play with that makes fighting actually kind of fun.

I also inadvertently let an NPC die because I didn't save him right then and there. Three enemies having double the level than me? Yeah, fuck no. I thought I could come back later, but the progress of time actually affects gameplay more than I assumed. At least I learned that if I found someone under duress I better help them right away.
Attachments:
Thank the freakin' universe...I finally beat "The Lion and the Demon"!!! The bloody Saladin campaign is over!!!

Oh man, I thought I'd never overcome that wretched mission. After many false starts that went nowhere, I caved and sought out the AOE wiki's advice. I had my doubts about their massed Mamelukes strategy, but it turned out to be extremely helpful for deterring Crusader attacks. By the end, I had gained a newfound respect for the Saracens' UU. Of course, I also found myself deviating from the walkthrough's recommendations in at least one small way. While it advocates using two large groups of Mamelukes to defend Acre's western and northern peripheries, I ended up using both groups interchangeably to respond to any and all attacks. When one group had taken a lot of damage, I'd send it to my pair of Monks and switch to the healthier group. This kept up for well over an hour, if you don't factor in a lot of unabashed save scumming. Enemy attacks did slow down a bit towards the end, but I still had to intercept tons of siege weapons as they came at me. By the time I won, I was down to about 1,000 gold and almost no wood.

I'm so glad it's over. I'm never doing this on Hard ever again.
Attachments:
yessss.png (452 Kb)
bodycount.png (349 Kb)
Post edited November 09, 2019 by lanipcga
Mr.Mumbles: I am the creature of the night! ... aka Vampyr
Your review picked my interest, sounds like something a little bit different but engaging. According to the last screenshot I assume you're playing with a controller, have you tried mouse+keyboard controls?
low rated
lanipcga: Thank the freakin' universe...I finally beat "The Lion and the Demon"!!! The bloody Saladin campaign is over!!!

Oh man, I thought I'd never overcome that wretched mission. After many false starts that went nowhere, I caved and sought out the AOE wiki's advice. I had my doubts about their massed Mamelukes strategy, but it turned out to be extremely helpful for deterring Crusader attacks. https://19216811.cam/ By the end, I had gained a newfound respect for the Saracens' UU. Of course, I also found myself deviating from the walkthrough's recommendations in at least one small way. While it advocates using two large groups of Mamelukes to defend Acre's western and northern peripheries, I ended up using both groups interchangeably to respond to any and all attacks. When one group had taken a lot of damage, I'd send it to m https://pnrstatus.vip/ y pair of Monks and switch to the healthier group. This kept up for well over an hour, if you don't factor in a lot of unabashed save scumming. Enemy attacks did slow down a bit towards the end, but I still had to intercept tons of siege weapons as they came at me. By the time I won, I was down to about 1,000 gold and almost no wood.

I'm so glad it's over. I'm never doing this on Hard ever again.
I'm really enjoying this one. I like tha https://sarkariresult.onl/ t it doesn't really have a "save the world" kind of plot, and that it's more about avenging you and your dead sister. Being also focused on only a small slice of London provides a lot more depth and detail to this game world. I wasn't too keen on the combat at first, but after leveling up a bit I have some nice powers to play with that makes fighting actually kind of fun.
Post edited November 09, 2019 by ETYLIRA