It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Swimming in me money bin
That can't feel very comfortable on impact.
Matewis: Swimming in me money bin
Mr.Mumbles: That can't feel very comfortable on impact.
I love how they joke about that in the series. Somehow it's something only Scrooge is able to do. It doesn't work when Huey, Dewey, and Louie tries it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRK4RwHc4oU&feature=youtu.be&t=86
Post edited August 18, 2019 by Matewis
Wait, why did we leave the security and comfort of my well equipped and powerful starship to come down here?

If the scripts and characters on the Star Trek: Discovery television show are as horrible as they are in the latest season of STO, then I'm glad I've never watched it.
Post edited August 20, 2019 by Serren
I know we aren't supposed to use the forum to advertise but I thought you all might like to see the interior of my B&B.
Attachments:
bandb.jpg (487 Kb)
Finished Braid. What a pretentious bullshit of a "game". And no, I don't give a crap about "stars" and other worthless hidden stuff this thing is full of.
Attachments:
Post edited August 23, 2019 by KingofGnG
KingofGnG: Finished Braid. What a pretentious bullshit of a "game". And no, I don't give a crap about "stars" and other worthless hidden stuff this thing is full of.
If you enjoy pretentious games, try FEZ and The Stanley Parable. They're just as terrible.
After the horrible disappointment of my first brief Diablo 3 experience I tried out Path of Exile and Titan Quest again.
Both are far better, but sadly I just learned that I can't justify the time spent on and required by these games, not compared to other stuff I'd rather play ,so I recently uninstalled them. So I guess I'm not technically playing them right now :P

It was interesting to compare them. Path of Exile obviously has far more depth and a lot more that you can do. Not to mention the optional multiplayer/mmo aspect. It's also clearly heavily inspired by Diablo 2 and feels more like a proper sequel to it than does Diablo 3. The map design also borrows heavily from Diablo 2 and so the world unfortunately lacks that painstakingly hand-crafted look of Titan Quest. Except for the towns/mission hubs of course. I was pretty stunned at times at just how lovely the locations in Titan Quest were, as well as how the terrific sense of height is. For example, you could be exploring a valley floor and come across a cave, and then inside the cave you'll find a passage leading up to cliffs overlooking the valley floor you just came from. It's great! It makes the exploring rewarding.

Exposition wise Path of Exile definitely has the upper hand though. Some of the, er, 'audio logs' found in PoE are downright haunting. Like scattered wood carvings of a, probably 'dead', town woman trying to hide from her former family members and friends who have turned into the undead. It just goes to show what good voice acting does for a game, as you can actually feel her going insane as she realizes that her daughters now 'feed' like the rest and that her husband hunts for her.

Anyway, two great games for whoever really likes the genre. I'll be returning to Mount and Blade and Warcraft 3!
Attachments:
athens.jpg (480 Kb)
cyclops.jpg (499 Kb)
egypt.jpg (486 Kb)
poe2.jpg (226 Kb)
Post edited August 23, 2019 by Matewis
DadJoke007: If you enjoy pretentious games, try FEZ and The Stanley Parable. They're just as terrible.
Yeah, no. I'll play something more meaningful for my time instead (first INSIDE, then The Eternal Castle [Remastered]). I'm fully in a "cinematic platformer" phase right now, and I plan to go on like this for a bit longer. Braid was just a very bad route accident...
Matewis: After the horrible disappointment of my first brief Diablo 3 experience I tried out Path of Exile and Titan Quest again.
Both are far better, but sadly I just learned that I can't justify the time spent on and required by these games, not compared to other stuff I'd rather play ,so I recently uninstalled them. So I guess I'm not technically playing them right now :P
And that's the reason why I still have to completely abandon Diablo II&3 for some other replayability-focused action-RPG.

I mean, Diablo II will likely stay on my HDD forever (I have always installed this game on every PC since the P4 era), but Diablo III will disappear once I'll have played this shitty little on-line crappy game with all the available characters. After that, I will finally "graduate" to something more meaningful like Grim Dawn or Titan Quest.

Path of Exile is on-line only though, and I fucking hate online-only stuff (doesn't matter if it's free or not)....
Post edited August 23, 2019 by KingofGnG
KingofGnG: And that's the reason why I still have to completely abandon Diablo II&3 for some other replayability-focused action-RPG.

I mean, Diablo II will likely stay on my HDD forever (I have always installed this game on every PC since the P4 era), but Diablo III will disappear once I'll have played this shitty little on-line crappy game with all the available characters. After that, I will finally "graduate" to something more meaningful like Grim Dawn or Titan Quest.

Path of Exile is on-line only though, and I fucking hate online-only stuff (doesn't matter if it's free or not)....
That's too bad man, you're missing out on a great game, especially if you like Diablo 2 :-\
At least compared to Diablo 3 there doesn't appear to be any lag when you're playing single player, which absolutely infuriated me about D3.
Charge!
Looks like a snagged myself a king!
Stand still, I'm trying to lance you!
Attachments:
charge.jpg (397 Kb)
The Adventures of Zelda the Heartless... aka Reverse DragonHeart... aka Dragon's Dogma

I wasn't sure whether my aging gaming lappie was up for the task, but I was pleasantly surprised. I did have to lock it to 30 FPS because if I chose 60 it had frequent drops to the 45-50 range, and that was not so pleasant to look at. Having that lower, constant framerate makes for a much more comfortable experience. On the plus side, I can have the detail set up to high. :)
Attachments:
prologue.jpg (481 Kb)
My BG2 playthrough, just tryin' to recruit Edwin!
Attachments:
bg2.jpg (265 Kb)
My interest was piqued, so I just had to take a peek at the peak!
Attachments:
matterbandit: My interest was piqued, so I just had to take a peek at the peak!
Tell me that doesn't look like the cover of a romance novel! XD
Post edited August 25, 2019 by tinyE
matterbandit: My interest was piqued, so I just had to take a peek at the peak!
tinyE: Tell me that doesn't look like the cover of a romance novel! XD
ROFL!!! Now that you mention it..., it really does! :D