It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: Ah I'm afraid I'm pretty bad at remembering lore so I will have to look it up again :) But yes, the infinity engine games' excellent writing and artwork makes it very easy to get absorbed in the lore.
Indeed, and even though IWD's story doesn't reach BG/BGII's levels, the atmosphere, sense of adventure and quality of lore is sublime.

Matewis: Have you played IWD2?
This year or in general? :P

Well, more times than i can remember since it's release. The same applies to the rest of the Infinity games, except PS:T which i've finished *only* 3 times. :)
Vythonaut: Well, more times than i can remember since it's release. The same applies to the rest of the Infinity games, except PS:T which i've finished *only* 3 times. :)
Wow ok 0.o I'm sort of busy with a long term quest to play through all of the infinity engine games, and I 'only' have BG2 and IWD2 left to go :) But for time being I'm a bit intimidated by BG2 in terms of the time-commitment I think it will require. IWD2 is probably shorter, but I want to leave that as the swan song of the engine, especially since I remember several parts with great fondness. Like stepping out of the tavern in the beginning onto the streets of Targos with this enchanting tune playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sletgl5ot64
Attachments:
Matewis: But for time being I'm a bit intimidated by BG2 in terms of the time-commitment I think it will require.
Most of my playthroughs have been done years ago, between their release and the time i joined GOG; nowadays i'm also struggling with big games, especially the ones i've finished multiple times already, but playing old favourites once in a while makes up for an enjoyable gaming time.

Matewis: IWD2 is probably shorter (...)
It is shorter than BGII, but not a short game by todays standards anyway so it'll require some sort of commitment for sure. ;) I'll possibly go through IWDII too (or maybe Temple of Elemental Evil?) unless UnderRail: Expedition is released before i'm finished with IWD. :)
Vythonaut: It is shorter than BGII, but not a short game by todays standards anyway so it'll require some sort of commitment for sure. ;) I'll possibly go through IWDII too (or maybe Temple of Elemental Evil?) unless UnderRail: Expedition is released before i'm finished with IWD. :)
As a recovering Fallout 1&2 junkie I'm not so sure I should get in contact with UnderRail :)
(Or Balrum for that matter)
Matewis: As a recovering Fallout 1&2 junkie I'm not so sure I should get in contact with UnderRail :)
(Or Balrum for that matter)
Take a break then and come back to it later. :) I don't know how big Expedition is, but i feel that together with the base game it will be a long-lasting gaming experience, possibly bigger than Fallout 1 & 2 combined, especially if you take into account the character generation experiments that some of us do before starting the game. But i could be wrong since i've only played the game without the mapping feature, so a lot of time was spend taking notes & drawing maps on paper.

Having said that, here are some more gorgeous IWD screenshots.
Attachments:
iwd-2.jpg (439 Kb)
iwd-1.jpg (427 Kb)
Vythonaut: (or maybe Temple of Elemental Evil?)
Is that a question ?

Because if so, the answer is : yes.
Telika: Is that a question ?
Because if so, the answer is : yes.
Not really a question, but yeah, i'll probably play it again this year.
Continuing my playthrough of the previous version of FreeOrion (so v0.4.7.1 instead of v0.4.8). Did a few too many just another turn and now it is several hours into the new day. The game is pretty good but the balance is a bit so so and some features are not implemented yet but it certainly is playable.

My empire started out in the sw corner (2 systems now) and expanded to the middle (a single system). Now it is high time to expand.
Attachments:
Post edited January 03, 2019 by Themken
Game of throne.
Attachments:
Adventure time!
Attachments:
my_bad!.jpg (199 Kb)
inviting.jpg (263 Kb)
Mr.Mumbles: Adventure time!
OK, I have no clue what game that is. Please enlighten us!
Themken: OK, I have no clue what game that is. Please enlighten us!
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Luremaster and his trials.
Attachments:
trials-1.jpg (452 Kb)
trials-2.jpg (431 Kb)
Doom 3 BFG - Resurrection of Evil Expansion.
Attachments: