It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Zimerius: Warlock Master of the Arcane
DubConqueror: Thanks. I happen to own that game. Your screenshots are a reason to try it out.
You should, its a nice ' light hearted ' wargame. 2 bad gog does not offer the game in their stores!

anyways turn one eleven.

The dremers are now erecting fortresses from where they are able to gate their more advanced units. For the moment i'm trying to shoot their fortresses from beneath their feet. It turns out i was ill prepared for this specific challenge
Attachments:
pic_42256.jpg (469 Kb)
Busy with some late Sunday afternoon deep space exploration in Starsector.
Attachments:
Matewis: Busy with some late Sunday afternoon deep space exploration in Starsector.
damn, never even heard of that game! Watched the alpha and wondered, is the tactical stuff indeed as good as it seems ?
Zimerius: damn, never even heard of that game! Watched the alpha and wondered, is the tactical stuff indeed as good as it seems ?
The combat in the game is indeed extremely impressive, even if a bit overwhelming :P
Sseth's video is what drew me to the game originally, and I think he gives a pretty good overview even though the game has expanded since he made the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqpulP1hLo
Oke, talk about a long development process :-"
combat is indeed pretty cool, all from a lazy chair, point them to the targets and hope everyone makes it out alive

if the whole simulation really does add up we have yet another excellent contender for space game of the century
Attachments:
Post edited April 12, 2021 by Zimerius
Zimerius: combat is indeed pretty cool, all from a lazy chair, point them to the targets and hope everyone makes it out alive

if the whole simulation really does add up we have yet another excellent contender for space game of the century
Welcome brother, remember to watch those fuel and supply levels ;)
Discovered an abandoned research station orbiting a black hole, and managed to scavenge some useful schematics. Nearly got pulled in though, and had to engage emergency engine burn to escape to a higher orbit.
Attachments:
escape.jpg (388 Kb)
Matewis: Discovered an abandoned research station orbiting a black hole, and managed to scavenge some useful schematics. Nearly got pulled in though, and had to engage emergency engine burn to escape to a higher orbit.
what a horrendous game! Spend countless hours last night configuring the fleet, checking out more modern ships, foregoing trade specializing in custom retrieval and the occasional assault mission...

sure , pirates is where the money is but, i'm a proud sailor who sometimes bargains a deal on the black market
Zimerius: ...
I make most of my money on scanning/surveying runs, however I've made some good dough with trade (300k once with a huge shipment of drugs). Not a pirate myself, but I am pals with them (mostly so that they'd leave my poor colonies alone)

OT:
- Shielding my damaged carrier with my battlecruiser, while unleashing glorious broadsides
- Hiding in a planet's shadow from a nearby pulsar
- Said pulsar
- Unsuccessful attempt to destroy a cult's battlestation
- Momentous occasion: my first colony increased in population (means I can expand its industry)
Attachments:
pulsar.jpg (280 Kb)
pop_gain.jpg (353 Kb)
Zimerius: ...
Matewis: I make most of my money on scanning/surveying runs, however I've made some good dough with trade (300k once with a huge shipment of drugs). Not a pirate myself, but I am pals with them (mostly so that they'd leave my poor colonies alone)

OT:
- Shielding my damaged carrier with my battlecruiser, while unleashing glorious broadsides
- Hiding in a planet's shadow from a nearby pulsar
- Said pulsar
- Unsuccessful attempt to destroy a cult's battlestation
- Momentous occasion: my first colony increased in population (means I can expand its industry)
poooh talking 'bout colonies, instead of colony .....

last night turned out way to eventful. Decided to hunt pirates in a system just for a snack, jumped in with transponders activated, guess what the portal was swarming with pirate fleets! Lost all the Destroyers i had and a heavy freighter, talk 'bout a setback!
At the end of the evening things where returning back to normal, decided on taking on a survey mission in the outer rim. Found a battleship, and some other ships, a weapon cache, found some dormant ancient defenses, hey look, a solar flare, and another solar flare, suddenly notices how his supplies are running back with 24 a day ( normal use 1.8 per day ) uhhh .......
Long story short, made it back, had to mothball 5 ships, mission's successful. now will probably see the entire profit to be spend on repairs and getting the ships space worthy again

of course this had to be a story, how the crew and captains of the destroyers valiantly charged the pirate fleets giving the faster vessels time to escape, how the largest freighter, already damaged left the formation with a last signal falling prey to the chasing pirate vessels etc etc etc

man, this is David Weber reborn!
Mountains everywhere!
Attachments:
Vythonaut: Mountains everywhere!
Too bad we've been waiting for years for Bethesda to release Skyrim on GOG.

And also that they're still asking an exuberant price for the Special Edition and no discount is given to those who already own the original on Steam.
DubConqueror: Too bad we've been waiting for years for Bethesda to release Skyrim on GOG.
Sure, I've been waiting for the GOG version too as I'd really love to delve into the expansions territory at some point, though I'm not willing to fork any more money to the DRM-ed version in order to access them.