It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

idbeholdME: About to pick my team and delve into Act 3.

EDIT:
Trying to downsize a 2560x1440 screenshot to below 500 Kb so that GOG forums actually accept it sucks. Had to compress it like mad... Where are we, stone age?
DrazenCro: Yeah, I agree, they can keep the limit at the 2 mb, but don't limit the size per picture. I mean, it isn't hard to bring it to below 500 kb, but it is just as you said, like in the stone age.

Sure, you can always use some image host so you don't even need to bother with compression.
uhm take the pic, use snip and sketch - shift windows key s, take a full screen picture, use image resizer on that picture either high or medium and you should be done
Post edited August 13, 2020 by Radiance1979
Vingry: When it comes to Hannibal, he's always been famous for his encirclement tactics, which he showed in the battles he took a part in such as the Battle of Trebia and the most famous one, the Battle of Cannae. From time to time, I come to wonder how was it possible for him to be able to pull off an encirclement on his enemies again and again haha.

That said, I actually suggested to the game's devs a mechanic that I believed would grant us players the ability to pull off the tactics that Hannibal did, which is a feature that will allow the players to covertly order their units in their own respective first turns (not during the preliminary formation stage) to slowly fall back while in combat (just like what you described), rather than having to simply rely on the possibility of your units getting pushed back by the enemies, which in itself is way too uncertain. If this feature got implemented into the game, which I really hope it did, FoG2 players would definitely be able to play more cunning tricks to make the battles more interesting.
Radiance1979: that sounds like a great idea though i have trouble envisioning it in fog 2. in a total war game it is more or less doable but the scale is to small and soldiers numbers dwindle to fast for that to actually be a sustainable tactic. a shield wall option would already be something. Maybe that the designers of that new american civil war game hold the answer for the next generation of classical war games.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/654890/Grand_Tactician_The_Civil_War_18611865/

this is an exciting time to live and see what the improvements in hardware will mean for the semi-realistic type of computer wargames

i belief wargamer did a review but i can't find it in a hurry ;)
https://www.wargamer.com/articles/upcoming-war-games-2020/
True! I'll go check the games you've shown me when I have the time. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------

ZOMBIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEES!!! CAREFUL NOT TO GET BITTEN, COMRADES!!!

Honestly, I believe this is one of the longest matches I've ever played in FOG2 (about one and a half hours). The reason behind this is due to the fact that zombies in this mod do not rout, and therefore do not undergo any morale reduction stages. This makes fighting them really time consuming. Not only that, once there are enough dead bodies on the map, a new mob of zombies will spawn behind you (at least that's what happened during my first playthrough. I would've much preferred for the new zombie mob to spawn somewhere else though lol). They basically grow from the dead.

Notice how I was barely winning in turn 19? 5 turns before the match ended. Casualty percentage located on the top left corner of the screen, while the number of turns is located on the top right corner of the screen.

Mod: Field of Glory Z
For more information: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=477&t=95803

(Field of Glory 2)
Attachments:
fogz_1.jpg (383 Kb)
fogz_2.jpg (316 Kb)
fogz_3.jpg (406 Kb)
fogz_4.jpg (431 Kb)
fogz_5.jpg (494 Kb)
Post edited August 13, 2020 by Vingry
Vingry: ZOMBIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEES!!! CAREFUL NOT TO GET BITTEN, COMRADES!!!
lol, at least you shown a nice encirclement
idbeholdME: About to pick my team and delve into Act 3.
demonwyrm: What game is this?
Confrontation (2012). The first game from the world of Aarklash based on the miniatures game by Rackham. Not on GOG but the other game from this world, Aarklash: Legacy, is.

DrazenCro: Yeah, I agree, they can keep the limit at the 2 mb, but don't limit the size per picture. I mean, it isn't hard to bring it to below 500 kb, but it is just as you said, like in the stone age.

Sure, you can always use some image host so you don't even need to bother with compression.
Radiance1979: uhm take the pic, use snip and sketch - shift windows key s, take a full screen picture, use image resizer on that picture either high or medium and you should be done
I just run it (sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times) through this https://tinyjpg.com

It really brings the size down and doesn't completely kill the quality or not as noticeably at least. It probably isn't that problematic for those who are on 1080p but 1440p, I sometimes struggle to bring it below 500. I can't even imagine trying to work a 4k screenshot in here.
Post edited August 13, 2020 by idbeholdME
idbeholdME: Confrontation (2012). The first game from the world of Aarklash based on the miniatures game by Rackham. Not on GOG but the other game from this world, Aarklash: Legacy, is.

Radiance1979: uhm take the pic, use snip and sketch - shift windows key s, take a full screen picture, use image resizer on that picture either high or medium and you should be done
idbeholdME: I just run it (sometimes I have to do it 2 or 3 times) through this https://tinyjpg.com

It really brings the size down and doesn't completely kill the quality or not as noticeably at least.
confrontation and aarklash are pretty awsome though i never got why Confrontation is bad and Aarklash is good

------- try screenshotting and snip and sketch, sometimes that is enough to reduce the quality to bearable levels... on 1080p that is i'm not sure what it does with 2k

i don't have a lot of examples at hand atm, mainly since i did not play a lot of high image res games but i belief this one from andromeda turned out quite right
Attachments:
sarah_hot.jpg (329 Kb)
Vingry: ZOMBIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEES!!! CAREFUL NOT TO GET BITTEN, COMRADES!!!
Radiance1979: lol, at least you shown a nice encirclement
Thank you. :) *bows*
some distraction on the side.... this is my 2d mans

*was
Attachments:
Post edited August 13, 2020 by Radiance1979

Wow, I would never guess that someone use snip and sketch, I rather use sth else (but ofc everyone has its own choice what to use), and it has built in capture thing, resize, adjust colors etc plus I can see the output size of my pic so I really don't need to wonder will I hit 500 kb, and it takes me 1 try to achieve that.

Anyway, Divine Divinity of course:

1 - Hidden room in the game, you can see on the map that there is no map for this area, also once you enter this room you can't reenter it anymore, hence as usual just save before you enter anything.
2 - Part of the first quest to become the member of the Warrior's guild.
3 - And here is what happens if you decide to fight them, it is possible to kill them, but will leave it for later.
Attachments:
DrazenCro: Wow, I would never guess that someone use snip and sketch, I rather use sth else (but ofc everyone has its own choice what to use), and it has built in capture thing, resize, adjust colors etc plus I can see the output size of my pic so I really don't need to wonder will I hit 500 kb, and it takes me 1 try to achieve that.

Anyway, Divine Divinity of course:

1 - Hidden room in the game, you can see on the map that there is no map for this area, also once you enter this room you can't reenter it anymore, hence as usual just save before you enter anything.
2 - Part of the first quest to become the member of the Warrior's guild.
3 - And here is what happens if you decide to fight them, it is possible to kill them, but will leave it for later.
so from its hard in the first opinion towards it is deathsimple ..

UHU !!

nothing wrong with keeping your tips and tricks behind closed doors though
Radiance1979: snip

UHU !!

I said "it isn't hard to bring it to below 500 KB" - that would mean it is easy, right. :)

I don't have any tips and tricks, set to jpeg, adjust colors, since picture will look better - at least I do it that way, and then save as, I check the pic size, if it is too big then I decide will I change the % of picture quality or will I resize it for e.g. 10 % and so on, and after maybe 30 seconds all done.

It would be great if there is no limit to picture size, I'm ok with the post limit size, but if someone will post only one picture, why limit it to 500 KB then.

EDIT: We are here to share our game screenshoots, not the sizes of our displays, right.

Anyway:
Here is link to some pic - original size 3.12 MB, went to 7.29 MB after adding collors,
https://images.hdqwalls.com/wallpapers/doom-eternal-4k-2020-75.jpg

....and down to 473 KB, and if you set it up to 1920x1080 I still think it is pretty decent, check attachment, it looks good enough for me, but everyone up for its taste.

...or 2048x1152, slightly better if you look carefully, and only 8 KB more :)
Attachments:
Post edited August 13, 2020 by DrazenCro
Radiance1979: snip

UHU !!

DrazenCro: I said "it isn't hard to bring it to below 500 kb" - that would mean it is easy, right. :)

I don't have any tips and tricks, set to jpeg, adjust colors, since picture will look better - at least I do it that way, and then save as, I check the pic size, if it is too big then I decide will I change the % of picture quality or will I resize it for e.g. 10 % and so on, and after maybe 30 seconds all done.

It would be great if there is no limit to picture size, I'm ok with the post limit size, but if someone will post only one picture, why limit it to 500 kb then.
UHU like i would belief you straightforward
anyways

not a photo graph but a nice little video of the first battle you can expect when playing oddyseus in the campaign

https://youtu.be/I2ll7g4me-w
idbeholdME: Confrontation (2012). The first game from the world of Aarklash based on the miniatures game by Rackham. Not on GOG but the other game from this world, Aarklash: Legacy, is.
Thanks for the info! I'll do some digging and see what I can find.
And the war with egypt is on!

Just when i thought everything was nice, i could go on undisturbed civilizing the wastelands north Parthia ( Iran ) comes along.

" hey my friend, how would you like to be in a alliance with us? " Naievely i thought " hmm this must have something to do with Saka growing in power again " they are trying to help us!

4 years later

Boom your alliance partner declares war upon Egypt
Attachments:
I was happy to kill monsters with few strikes, then you enter some area and what happens, well, you die, simple as that.

I'm chilling on the floor. :)
Attachments: