It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

newfound love in deadlock

outside some minor sound disturbance that comes and goes, mostly goes i feel very happy
Attachments:
deadlock.jpg (394 Kb)
Radiance1979: newfound love in deadlock

outside some minor sound disturbance that comes and goes, mostly goes i feel very happy
That is such a great game - if only more games built on its approach to empire building
viperfdl: Concerning Aquanox 1 and 2: For me they are just egoshooters with submarines and therefore rather bad sequels to Archimedean Dynasty.
GameRacer: Only played bits of A1, but thought it was decent enough(silly voice acting in some bits, though).

Aside: I also like similar games(water or space shooters) like Freelancer and such...fun times.

(didn't play the first game as I didn't know it was even a part of that series until after I played A1....though I will some day)
will you be joining in the star wars empire ? watched some video's and the pre release material seems very tasty

Radiance1979: newfound love in deadlock

Matewis: That is such a great game - if only more games built on its approach to empire building
it seems to do a lot of things quite well, i had planned some endless legend for tonight but maybe at least a couple of hours will be spend on deadlock to see how and what again
Post edited August 05, 2020 by Radiance1979
By the way, with respect to that screenshot I posted, if you somehow lose the fight accessed via the cheat I used, you'll get the usual "Annihilated" message, the screen will go black, but it won't ever come back. (In other words, game over is a crash rather than the usual game reset here.)
Wow, it's hard to post on this topic.
Post edited August 05, 2020 by samuraigaiden
samuraigaiden: Wow, it's hard to post on this topic.
ya lol

2 mb in total and a max of 500 kb per picture
low rated
Radiance1979: will you be joining in the star wars empire ? watched some video's and the pre release material seems very tasty
Didn't even know that was a thing.

(I mostly stick to older games and any newer ones I find as I look around the net or get recommended to me, that my systems can handle)

Does it look any good? Also what's the name?

------------------------------

Radiance1979: 2 mb in total and a max of 500 kb per picture
Luckily there are ways around this, like posting links to pics one hosts on another site. :)

==================

dtgreene: By the way, with respect to that screenshot I posted, if you somehow lose the fight accessed via the cheat I used, you'll get the usual "Annihilated" message, the screen will go black, but it won't ever come back. (In other words, game over is a crash rather than the usual game reset here.)
That sucks.....but also sounds a bit interesting. Thanks for the bit of trivia.
Post edited August 06, 2020 by GameRacer
I find it both interesting and amusing how the only observable difference between a close order warband and a loose order warband is that the former wears pants while the latter doesn't lol.

Loose order units fight better on rough terrains but not open terrains, while close order units fight better on open terrains but not rough terrains. That said, it is understandable why the loose order warband units wouldn't bother covering their legs as thoroughly as their close order counterparts, as wearing long pants would simply mean sacrificing their mobility even if it's only by a little. It's just funny how logical it is haha.

(Field of Glory 2)

P.S.: The low quality of the screenshots is actually due to the size compression that I had to do on those pictures so as to meet the image uploading requirements set by GOG in its forum.
Attachments:
Post edited August 06, 2020 by Vingry
dtgreene: By the way, with respect to that screenshot I posted, if you somehow lose the fight accessed via the cheat I used, you'll get the usual "Annihilated" message, the screen will go black, but it won't ever come back. (In other words, game over is a crash rather than the usual game reset here.)
GameRacer: That sucks.....but also sounds a bit interesting. Thanks for the bit of trivia.
I was actually trying to get into the situation where everybody is dead, but I'm not in combat.

Interestingly enough, I actually do know of 2 ways to get that situation without having to use cheats or hacks; one involves a sequence breaking glitch and winning a certain battle with the only character alive being the one who would normally not participate in the fight, and the other involves Quick + Explodor/Self-Destruct killing both the last enemy and the party member who finds it.

Someone actually made a couple of videos demonstrating these two methods (and I actually learned the second one from the video):

Note that these videos do have some story spoilers, and the second one includes a version of the ending (albeit the one that's supposed to be impossible):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4dKKZiHZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhMl87C8bhA
low rated
dtgreene: Note that these videos do have some story spoilers, and the second one includes a version of the ending
Well then not gonna likely watch em(i've been spoiled enough even accidentally for a few too many games lol).....but interesting info to be sure.

(I also like finding odd things in games, albeit not to such a degree...it's more of a side thing)
Vingry: I find it both interesting and amusing how the only observable difference between a close order warband and a loose order warband is that the former wears pants while the latter doesn't lol.

Loose order units fight better on rough terrains but not open terrains, while close order units fight better on open terrains but not rough terrains. That said, it is understandable why the loose order warband units wouldn't bother covering their legs as thoroughly as their close order counterparts, as wearing long pants would simply mean sacrificing their mobility even if it's only by a little. It's just funny how logical it is haha.

(Field of Glory 2)

P.S.: The low quality of the screenshots is actually due to the size compression that I had to do on those pictures so as to meet the image uploading requirements set by GOG in its forum.
well, at least you made it funny :p

With roaming tribes there also seems to be more emphasis on personal glory during combat while townsfolk are just who they are townsfolk
Radiance1979: will you be joining in the star wars empire ? watched some video's and the pre release material seems very tasty
GameRacer: Didn't even know that was a thing.

(I mostly stick to older games and any newer ones I find as I look around the net or get recommended to me, that my systems can handle)

Does it look any good? Also what's the name?

------------------------------

Radiance1979: 2 mb in total and a max of 500 kb per picture
GameRacer: Luckily there are ways around this, like posting links to pics one hosts on another site. :)

==================

GameRacer: That sucks.....but also sounds a bit interesting. Thanks for the bit of trivia.
Star Wars Squadrons will be the name of the game

here's a nice explanatory video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGSkCalsisU
Post edited August 06, 2020 by Radiance1979
Vingry: I find it both interesting and amusing how the only observable difference between a close order warband and a loose order warband is that the former wears pants while the latter doesn't lol.

(Field of Glory 2)

Radiance1979: well, at least you made it funny :p

With roaming tribes there also seems to be more emphasis on personal glory during combat while townsfolk are just who they are townsfolk
Yep, I agree with you. Although I'm not that knowledgeable in terms of the culture that these Germanic tribes practiced during the period, I'm pretty sure being topless had always been a way of showing off one's repute. Heck, if both javelinmen and slingers used to at least cover themselves in fabric clothing in the past, then why not these guys.

That aside, here are more screenshots from the game. This time, it's from an ongoing multiplayer match. I'm playing as the Thracian while my opponent is playing as the Bithynian. One thing for sure, I really hate the map for limiting the choices of movements for both sides, despite how beautiful it is.

(Field of Glory 2)
Attachments:
Post edited August 06, 2020 by Vingry
Remasters?? who needs remasters with the originals running still smooth, though granted a Tiberium Sun + Red Alert 2 remaster i probably would buy

integer enlarges this screen by maybe a point 5 or a factor of 1, almost makes it feels original ( on a 27 inc screen that is )

not to mention very perfect for those days that 35 degrees C is the outside temp
Attachments:
Radiance1979: Remasters?? who needs remasters with the originals running still smooth,
Are you playing on Windows 10? Do you have problems with invisible menu screens perhaps? This can be resolved by community patch, but it introduces another problem - long loading times. I haven't found a workaround for this unfortunately.
Radiance1979: Remasters?? who needs remasters with the originals running still smooth,
Sarafan: Are you playing on Windows 10? Do you have problems with invisible menu screens perhaps? This can be resolved by community patch, but it introduces another problem - long loading times. I haven't found a workaround for this unfortunately.
i could not play tiberium sun without the community patches tbh, the game would just hang in the main menu if i chose whatever option. I'm using the community patch without any trouble or long loading times. The only thing i'm missing is that distinct tiberium glow that really added to the game in a visual matter. I know for a fact somewhere last year this was still a thing, might have something to do with my new hardware! its to bad i have to little room to install my old 2012 system! still thank you for your consideration
Radiance1979: well, at least you made it funny :p

Vingry: Yep, I agree with you. Although I'm not that knowledgeable in terms of the culture that these Germanic tribes practiced during the period, I'm pretty sure being topless had always been a way of showing off one's repute. Heck, if both javelinmen and slingers used to at least cover themselves in fabric clothing in the past, then why not these guys.

That aside, here are more screenshots from the game. This time, it's from an ongoing multiplayer match. I'm playing as the Thracian while my opponent is playing as the Bithynian. One thing for sure, I really hate the map for limiting the choices of movements for both sides, despite how beautiful it is.

(Field of Glory 2)
naked warriors come to mind, though i'm also not sure which faction/timeframe etc used those i belief both CA and slitherine can be accused of some graphical interpretations on their part here and there ;)