It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Holy balls of fire, Batman! ... aka Rimworld

Well, I just started, and I already suffered a major disaster, hilariously brought on by my sheer incompetence as I'm still figuring things out.

So this little lightning storm occurred and while I was quick enough to extinguish any fires right by my homestead, I completely was unaware of the blaze raging further to the south. By the time I noticed a wall of fire advancing rapidly - the entire southern region was just ash at that point - I frantically tried to direct my colonists to go extinguish each fire manually *facepalm* since I totally forgot there was a firefighting priority setting in their work tab.

Hunter, the big dumbo, felt like it was more important to keep researching than concerning himself with the inferno consuming the building all around him, eventually leading to his crispy death while still trying to solve the mysteries of beer-making. My pet horse Harriet was even dumber, deciding to take a very warm nap. Instead of dying though her burns eventually made her go berserk, killing poor Kena as she was just getting to grips with the whole firefighting thing. Poor Mila survived but was too severely incapacitated by Harriet to be of much use anymore. Strangely enough, at the very same time a new colonist decided to join my enclave during this bout of chaos, cheerily repairing the few remaining walls while ignoring everything else. ... This is fine! ;)

Of course, I could have tried to avert this whole disaster again from a previous autosave, but that just didn't seem to be in spirit of how this game should be played. Besides, this was me starting with the tutorial so me bungling the whole thing doesn't bother me all that much. At least I learned something important for my next attempt: Have firefighting set to highest priority for everyone, just in case. Whoopsie!
Attachments:
aftermath.jpg (384 Kb)
Post edited March 05, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles
Mr.Mumbles: Hunter, ...Harriet ... This is fine! ;)
Your fire story strongly reminds me of Stronghold, where peasants will happily walk through an active blaze if it is the shortest path to their destination. Cue quick conversation from Peasant to Flaming Peasant. Even peasants on fire fighting duty manage to have mishap sometimes.
The quest to find out what Goofy is, I'm still not convinced he is a dog.

https://imgur.com/OAtRfbH
https://imgur.com/2I6JOm5
https://imgur.com/CPLZN8h
https://imgur.com/SCM3uew
Mr.Mumbles: Holy balls of fire, Batman! ... aka Rimworld
Ahhh, Rimworld. I heard a lot of good things about this game. I'm glad that it finally came to GOG. I was planning to buy it on Steam, but was waiting for some kind of sale. Now I'll probably buy it here some day.
low rated
Sarafan: I never had the occasion to play it myself. From what I remember the game received mediocre ratings in the late 90s. This probably scared me out of playing it. :)
Yeah, it was essentially a cliched bond-type story....but still pretty decent for what it offered, imo.

Also tbh I think if the control issues hadn't been present it would've done a bit better.....it DID(does?) have joystick control capability, though, but I don't have one.....likely a mouse option might've done a good amount of good for it's sales/popularity.
Post edited March 05, 2020 by GameRager
Beautiful scenery!
Attachments:
mountain.jpg (288 Kb)
IXOXI: Beautiful scenery!
It's surprising how good The Witcher 3 looks after almost five years! This shows that we encountered graphics stagnation due to current-gen consoles limitations. I wonder how big will be the graphics quality progress when next-gens are out...
Sarafan: It's surprising how good The Witcher 3 looks after almost five years! This shows that we encountered graphics stagnation due to current-gen consoles limitations. I wonder how big will be the graphics quality progress when next-gens are out...
You are right, on the other hand I waited five years to play it on maximum detail in full HD and my RX 5700 sometimes need 160 watts (out of 180 watts) to run Witcher 3 in 60 fps. I would say, that this game got ahead of time, so such quality still could not be consider as mainstream.

I would like to know when most people would be able to run Cyberpunk on max. details. RX 5700 cost is not mainstream and it is still something with enough power, but there is not much reserve left. Hope, that with Cyberpunk it will be better.
Bastion

Love the art in this game.

Ctrl + Shift + D at the main menu and then F12 in game disables the hud.

It's even on sale now:
https://www.gog.com/game/bastion
Attachments:
IXOXI: I would like to know when most people would be able to run Cyberpunk on max. details. RX 5700 cost is not mainstream and it is still something with enough power, but there is not much reserve left. Hope, that with Cyberpunk it will be better.
CDPR is well-known for developing games that are technologically ahead of their times. This was true for The Witcher 2 and 3 and it'll be true for CP2077 as well. Probably we'll have to wait a year or two to run it on max details on a mainstream GPU. There are reports however that the new generation of GPUs will be even 50% faster than current-gen graphics cards. If this is true we won't have to wait so long.
No hate.
Attachments:
1.jpg (422 Kb)
Post edited March 09, 2020 by Genocide2099
low rated
Genocide2099: No hate.
Why hate? :)

Nice pic btw :)
I can't hate something that I can't even identify what it is. =P
GameRager: Why hate? :)

Nice pic btw :)
Well, some people will hate on popular games just because they are popular. lol
Mr.Mumbles: I can't hate something that I can't even identify what it is. =P
It's better that way. This is probably one of the most toxic games today. :D
Post edited March 09, 2020 by Genocide2099
Finally finished They Are Billions Campaign !

final level:
- incoming swarm
- snipers doing their thing
- part of outer wall (the snipers for the towers are on the way!)

Final base at onset of the final wave - https://imgur.com/a/txuPWfJ
It's ok, but I wasn't fully prepared due to having to waste time recovering from penultimate wave's destruction (a couple dozen damn giant zombies which wrecked my eastern defenses)
Base is ok, but way too overextended. I could've reigned in the north-western defenses a lot.
Attachments:
swarm.jpg (457 Kb)
snipers.jpg (356 Kb)