It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matewis: How open ended is the level design? You mention multiple paths, but is it in an overall linear direction?
Yes, it is pretty much from point A to B with the occasional side objective, but the levels are designed in such way that not everybody will be taking the same routes. Also, killing is (usually) not a necessity, but I love sneaky stabby action too much to stop. ;) As mentioned, there's a lot of verticality in this game, so there are plenty of sections where one can clamber around walls and struts and pass over guards' heads, or one can use vents, ducts, and conveniently placed furniture and other assorted objects to hide behind to wait for a patrol to pass so one can sneak by them.
Mr.Mumbles: Yes, it is pretty much from point A to B with the occasional side objective, but the levels are designed in such way that not everybody will be taking the same routes. Also, killing is (usually) not a necessity, but I love sneaky stabby action too much to stop. ;) As mentioned, there's a lot of verticality in this game, so there are plenty of sections where one can clamber around walls and struts and pass over guards' heads, or one can use vents, ducts, and conveniently placed furniture and other assorted objects to hide behind to wait for a patrol to pass so one can sneak by them.
Ah right I see, almost sounds a little bit like Splinter Cell's design philosophy then. Nothing wrong with that :)

I love it when games get a proper sense of vertical height right, especially when you feel "oh boy this is really high!". This is something that the Prince of Persia series, at least up to Two Thrones, nails perfectly.
Azrael360: Racing in Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010, Origin).
Jinxtah: Ah, for a moment there I thought I was going to see the original Hot Pursuit screenshots. Hot damn I loved that game in local multiplayer. So much hectic fun at LAN parties.

Alas.. How is that newer version then?
The "newer" version is 10 years old by now. It's pretty and has good controls, but it's very repetitive up to the point of tiring and the A.I. likes to cheat, a lot.
Vivaldi has invisible hands…
Attachments:
vivaldi.jpg (437 Kb)
I hate spiders...
Attachments:
IXOXI: Vivaldi has invisible hands…
When I played Witcher 3 I thought that Vivaldi looked suspiciously like this guy...
low rated
More like detached. o.0
XzAr_79: I hate spiders...
But it just wants to give you a bear hug! ;)
low rated
Mr.Mumbles: But it just wants to give you a bear hug! ;)
BTW what game is that? Does anyone know? Is that Grimrock(haven't played it yet, sadly)?
Mr.Mumbles: But it just wants to give you a bear hug! ;)
Why can't I find women giving a bear hug but only spiders and other monsters?

GameRager: BTW what game is that? Does anyone know? Is that Grimrock(haven't played it yet, sadly)?
Yes it is. The legend of Grimrock. It works great even on Linux Mint 19 Tricia.
Post edited February 15, 2020 by XzAr_79
GameRager: More like detached. o.0
After searching on a forum I believe, that it is a common bug caused by installing only some DLCs and latest patch... either way I contacted support, so hope, that they will correct it once for all.
Band of Brothers: Unlicensed Edition... aka Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30

It's time to kick some Nazi ass! Sadly, there are no bear Jews. ;)

Since GOG mentioned these games again, I figure it's high time that I actually play them. They've only been sitting in my backlog since they were first released here.

XzAr_79: Why can't I find women giving a bear hug but only spiders and other monsters?
Giant arachnids need love too. Maybe you're the monster! =P
Attachments:
fubar.jpg (274 Kb)
god_mode.jpg (344 Kb)
Post edited February 15, 2020 by Mr.Mumbles
low rated
XzAr_79: Yes it is. The legend of Grimrock. It works great even on Linux Mint 19 Tricia.
Looks nice....reminds me of Stonekeep in looks/etc.

======================================

IXOXI: After searching on a forum I believe, that it is a common bug caused by installing only some DLCs and latest patch... either way I contacted support, so hope, that they will correct it once for all.
Post edited February 15, 2020 by GameRager
Jinxtah: Ah, for a moment there I thought I was going to see the original Hot Pursuit screenshots. Hot damn I loved that game in local multiplayer. So much hectic fun at LAN parties.

Alas.. How is that newer version then?
Azrael360: The "newer" version is 10 years old by now. It's pretty and has good controls, but it's very repetitive up to the point of tiring and the A.I. likes to cheat, a lot.
Jesus, you're right. Damn time flies by. I can barely remember how the old one actually was. I remember nothing but greatness from that game, but that's how it is when you don your rose-tinted glasses, I suppose :)
Ok, Here we go
Attachments: