It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KingofGnG: snip
tomimt: So if you REALLY want to educate people about DRM be civil about it.
Yes, exactly.
For instance, I jump on this occasion to commend tfishell because I read him earlier on Runic (torchlight 2) forum making *once more* a clean explanation to someone else as to why some people want/need DRM-free version of their games. Congrats for taking the time to make that explanation for the hundredth time (at the very least).

Repeating clear explanations again and again is a tedious thing to do, but it's necessary if you want people to adopt your views.
Gilozard: On one hand, decent point if badly put. On the other hand, there's significant customer overlap. People often view DRM-free as a nice extra and not a must-have.
KingofGnG: Not me. I see DRM-free as a must, for the games I purchase. Your definition of "people" is highly subjective.

Gilozard: On the third hand - don't be insulting. Posts like yours come across as if written by a 12-year-old. If you are 12 that's understandable, but still. Learning to write like a mature adult instead of being insulting will get your point across a lot better.
KingofGnG: Again, this is your opinion. When I write that advertising DRM-ridden shit is "dumb", I mean it. DRM is not something I take lightly, in fact, I consider it one of the worst things ever happened to computer technology in ages. Trust me, by defining this kind of monstruosity "dumb" I have censored myself already.
Part of the problem here might be culture or language clash. There seems to be some confusion over objective vs subjective.

Objective means 'a fact, not an opinion'. Subjective means 'an opinion, or from a certain point of view'.

There are many people who consider DRM-free to be a nice extra but not a must-have. That statement is objective; it is simply a fact. It is supported by Steam and Origin success, many posts by gamers, etc. Your description of DRM is subjective; it is your opinion, which may or may not match other people's opinions.

For another example: Your post contains insults and derogatory terms towards other. Ergo, it is an insulting post. This is an objective fact that can be measured by the presence of insults.

If a person is rude and insulting to others they are not censoring themselves sufficiently. Halfway politeness is not better than no politeness at all. The appropriate thing to do when one cannot be polite is to remain silent.

tomimt: So if you REALLY want to educate people about DRM be civil about it.
Potzato: Yes, exactly.
For instance, I jump on this occasion to commend tfishell because I read him earlier on Runic (torchlight 2) forum making *once more* a clean explanation to someone else as to why some people want/need DRM-free version of their games. Congrats for taking the time to make that explanation for the hundredth time (at the very least).

Repeating clear explanations again and again is a tedious thing to do, but it's necessary if you want people to adopt your views.
+1

This is true for all points of view. Truth wins out only if the people who understand it patiently explain it to newcomers.
Post edited March 06, 2015 by Gilozard
Sooo.... any way to run this outside of Origin? :P
Nirth: I agree with KingofGnG. They specifically say no catch. I consider Origin client a catch. I would rather pay for the game here than get it free with Origin but I've no issues with people who don't mind Origin or want take advantage of a good deal.
If you don't have a problem with people who use Origin than you don't agree with KingofGnG. He seems to have a severe problem with understanding that other people might like or use Origin.

I think most GOGites would rather have a game DRM-free here than elsewhere with DRM. But that doesn't mean we all go out of our way to insult people who think differently.
advancedhero: Sooo.... any way to run this outside of Origin? :P
DOSBox game, so copy the folder and run it? Should work, haven't checked it though.
Gilozard: If you don't have a problem with people who use Origin than you don't agree with KingofGnG. He seems to have a severe problem with understanding that other people might like or use Origin.

I think most GOGites would rather have a game DRM-free here than elsewhere with DRM. But that doesn't mean we all go out of our way to insult people who think differently.
Right, correction: I agree that with his first post:
KingofGnG: Origin, not even once, not even free.
If you open the DOSBOX folder where the game is instaled and run launcher.exe it tries to launch origin before the game, if you run the dosbox.exe in that folder instead it will run the game skipping origin. Havent playing enough this way to see of origin pulls any funny business further along.

This trick also works for Theme Hospital, but not for Crusader no remorse
Post edited March 06, 2015 by darkangelz
Gilozard: le snip
sir how dare you bring level headed logic to a juvenile bratty rant !
i wil have you know we wont stand for that kind of behavior on the internet ;p
Never mind
Post edited March 06, 2015 by amok
Roxolani: Not interested on their "on the house" releases?
Gilozard: Origin is scummy. There are lots of people who won't take it even for free games.
I just installed it for my sisters, they wanted that PVZ free release if I remember well.
darkangelz: If you open the DOSBOX folder where the game is instaled and run launcher.exe it tries to launch origin before the game, if you run the dosbox.exe in that folder instead it will run the game skipping origin. Havent playing enough this way to see of origin pulls any funny business further along.

This trick also works for Theme Hospital, but not for Crusader no remorse
It does work for Crusader also. You just need to replace the dosbox.exe in the folder with a normal dosbox.exe (you could take it from the syndicate folder or from any GOG folder).