It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A new dawn down in The Pit.

Starting today, <span class="bold">Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition</span> will become the main and definitive edition of the series on GOG.com. The pack includes the base game, the Gold Edition content, and the Mindgames DLC in a single installer — as well as GOG Galaxy support for achievements! While the classic edition is set to receive any necessary stability and bug patches, all active development of new content, features, and DLC is planned to continue on the Gold Edition — all to ensure swift updates and content parity across all platforms.

Speaking of new content, the <span class="bold">Healer DLC</span> has now been released on GOG.com, starring Astryd Jemison, a dedicated medic who will go above and beyond the call of duty in order to stop a deadly epidemic from spreading.

If you already own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Gold Edition Upgrade + Mindgames DLC or the previous version of SOTS: The Pit - Gold Edition — you'll be upgraded to the newest edition automatically!

If you own any other combination of the Sword of the Stars: The Pit products so far, you can also take advantage of the limited-time offer on the new Gold Edition:
<span class="bold">The new Sword of the Stars: The Pit &ndash; Gold Edition is:</span>
90% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Mindgames DLC
70% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit

If you decide to upgrade later down the line, you'll still be able to upgrade at any point — but these discounts will only last until July 30, 12:59 PM UTC.

<header class="article__lead"></header>

Transfer your copy from Shinyloot to GOG.com
With the recent closing of Shinyloot, a number of Sword of the Stars: The Pit fans were left without access to their game and DLC. We're now happy to announce that we've joined forces with Kerberos Productions, the game’s developer and publisher, to give everyone affected a new home for the roguelike wonder – right here on GOG.com.

These are the eligible products:
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Pilgrim
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Juggernaut

How do you transfer your game to GOG.com?
1) Contact Kerberos with your Shinyloot receipt at: gog-transfer@kerberos-productions.com
Please include the subject line “Shinyloot DRM-free”.

2) You'll recieve a GOG.com code for your game. Redeem it on gog.com/redeem.
3) Enjoy your always-up-to-date, DRM-free copy of the game!
Post edited June 30, 2016 by Konrad
Dear GOG,

Thank you for this free Gold upgrade!
musteriuz: I, for one, am very glad for this change. I could now download and install the gold edition plus Pilgrim DLC without any hassles or confusion and this version even actually works!

And for those folks wondering about how many other DLCs may still be forthcoming, I see that the in-game news flash says that Medic will be the last DLC for this game.
BlueTemplar: It would be weird if they still worked on new content for The Pit 1, while they're busy with The Pit 2 :
http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=56&amp;t=56184
IronArcturus: I tried Shift+Click but that doesn't seem to work. I also checked in the Key Bindings but I didn't see a command for splitting anything.
BlueTemplar: It's Ctrl+left-click&drag
Is that screenshot real? The Pit 2 is going to be an FPS?
BlueTemplar: It would be weird if they still worked on new content for The Pit 1, while they're busy with The Pit 2 :

It's Ctrl+left-click&drag
Unseelie_Sluagh: Is that screenshot real? The Pit 2 is going to be an FPS?
Now that would be interesting. Is it similar to VATS on Fallout?
I hope all these extra characters are fun.
I just had the original game + Mindgames expansion, today I bought all of the DLCs.
Time to kill rats!

"Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."
Post edited September 25, 2016 by almabrds
Randoo: Still no change, I already refreshed with this link from a previous page :(

edit: Logged off/on too
DyNaer: oh, i missed what's you pointed out : yeah it's the same for me.

edit : put the item in the cart the discount should apply (it's the same behaviour as Hard Reset Redux if you own Shadow Warrior 2013 -> if you go back in the store the discount will be applied on the gamecard ... i know that's not a pretty good solution)
Still no changes, it even tries to use credits on the item ..
Also as the gold edition it should include Mac and linux support like it does on Steam!
BlueTemplar: On the Keyboard, Left Ctrl binds to Modifier. And Modifier is bound to L Trigger on the Game Pad. Have you tried that?
IronArcturus: I tried it with the L Trigger but all that does is just move the item around. It doesn't split it at all. Maybe splitting only works with the keyboard+mouse?
I don't know, it's been too long since I've tried The Pit with a game pad.

I'm going to receive a Steam Controller in a few days (Steam Summer Sale Discount), I'll try it out.

It's Ctrl+left-click&drag
Well, that seems likely now, at least for the first person part.
That would allow the horror elements of The Pit to stand out so much better!
(Even if still turn-based.)

Though remember it's an early version of the game (as can be seen by the placeholder GUI).

Or maybe Doombot is just messing with us and the FP mode will just be "for fun", and not something actually practical.

A shooter component would require at least an aiming aspect (and therefore no randomness?) and also maybe an aspect where hits on different parts of the enemy have different effects.

But a turn-based aspect of the game would contradict the skill-aiming part... maybe unskilled aiming with randomness?
BlueTemplar: Well, that seems likely now, at least for the first person part.
That would allow the horror elements of The Pit to stand out so much better!
(Even if still turn-based.)

Though remember it's an early version of the game (as can be seen by the placeholder GUI).

Or maybe Doombot is just messing with us and the FP mode will just be "for fun", and not something actually practical.

A shooter component would require at least an aiming aspect (and therefore no randomness?) and also maybe an aspect where hits on different parts of the enemy have different effects.

But a turn-based aspect of the game would contradict the skill-aiming part... maybe unskilled aiming with randomness?
It's not Pit 2. One of the devs in the thread just posted it isn't and that he didn't know what it was.
Post edited July 02, 2016 by Unseelie_Sluagh
Randoo: Still no changes, it even tries to use credits on the item ..
after looking again the screenshot attached , i think i understood what you meant to say
if you are you talking of the healer dlc : there's no discount i'm aftaid.

the discounts are only if you don't own all the content of the gold edition. (either 90% or 70%)

all dlc published after this point ain't concerned (from my understanding).
Post edited July 03, 2016 by DyNaer
There's zero discont in all the characters DLCs.
It's not a bug.
Pilgrim, Juggernaut, Necromancer, and Healer at full price.

Unseelie_Sluagh: It's not Pit 2. One of the devs in the thread just posted it isn't and that he didn't know what it was.
Thankfuly. It looks like shit!

"Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another."
Glad I didn't miss the notice. If we have all month to get the upgrade at a discount I will be sure to do that next payday.

Haven't played the game in a while, but I really enjoyed it when I was playing it. Very much recommended.
GOG.com: A new dawn down in The Pit.

Starting today, <span class="bold">Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition</span> will become the main and definitive edition of the series on GOG.com. The pack includes the base game, the Gold Edition content, and the Mindgames DLC in a single installer — as well as GOG Galaxy support for achievements! While the classic edition is set to receive any necessary stability and bug patches, all active development of new content, features, and DLC is planned to continue on the Gold Edition — all to ensure swift updates and content parity across all platforms.

Speaking of new content, the <span class="bold">Healer DLC</span> has now been released on GOG.com, starring Astryd Jemison, a dedicated medic who will go above and beyond the call of duty in order to stop a deadly epidemic from spreading.

If you already own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Gold Edition Upgrade + Mindgames DLC or the previous version of SOTS: The Pit - Gold Edition — you'll be upgraded to the newest edition automatically!

If you own any other combination of the Sword of the Stars: The Pit products so far, you can also take advantage of the limited-time offer on the new Gold Edition:
<span class="bold">The new Sword of the Stars: The Pit &ndash; Gold Edition is:</span>
90% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit + Mindgames DLC
70% off — if you own Sword of the Stars: The Pit

If you decide to upgrade later down the line, you'll still be able to upgrade at any point — but these discounts will only last until July 30, 12:59 PM UTC.

<header class="article__lead"></header>

Transfer your copy from Shinyloot to GOG.com
With the recent closing of Shinyloot, a number of Sword of the Stars: The Pit fans were left without access to their game and DLC. We're now happy to announce that we've joined forces with Kerberos Productions, the game’s developer and publisher, to give everyone affected a new home for the roguelike wonder – right here on GOG.com.

These are the eligible products:
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Pilgrim
SOTS: The Pit Gold Edition – Juggernaut

How do you transfer your game to GOG.com?
1) Contact Kerberos with your Shinyloot receipt at: gog-transfer@kerberos-productions.com
Please include the subject line “Shinyloot DRM-free”.

2) You'll recieve a GOG.com code for your game. Redeem it on gog.com/redeem.
3) Enjoy your always-up-to-date, DRM-free copy of the game!
Dear Friend:
Can i transfer our copy from GOG.com to Shinyloot??
Cheers
fedm0r: Dear Friend:
Cheers
Why don't you ask Shinyloot staff?

fedm0r: Dear Friend:
Cheers
That would be rather difficult since Shinyloot went out of business. :) The only thing left is their ghostly website and spooky noises. :)