It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timppu: How should they have planned it then, ie. what should they do differently?
CARRiON.FLOWERS: They're already initiating their next plan to probably fix this which is Galaxy.
So is your suggestion that GOG should forget about standalone installers (and patches), and concentrate on the client (Galaxy)? Only then GOG would be fit to release also newer and indie games?
Post edited December 04, 2016 by timppu
fronzelneekburm: ...
And to tell you the perfect, honest truth, I'm hitting that sweet spot right now where I'm thinking "Why the fuck should I even bother?"

Gog sure as shit don't bother. They don't bother about getting all their games up to scratch. Hell, they don't bother to even check their releases properly enough before release to keep their advertisements consistent with the actual content of the game.
mm324: I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you did quit doing all of this work. And I agree that this, and many other things that forum members do, should be taken care of by GOG. Whether you decide to keep doing this or not, know that there are many of us who are thankful for all of your efforts.
Thanks for the kind words! And don't worry, I still got some life left in me. :P

The Armello disaster hasn't caused any change for the better at all, instead gimped builds are becoming more and more frequent. I'll keep updating the mix as long as issues are reported, now more than ever it's important to let the customers know what they're getting themselves into.
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/blacklist_like_opposite_of_wishlist_for_games
I don't think GOG will ever give us the ability blacklist games. But I did vote for it on the slim chance that they will.
Gengar78: If you guys haven't yet, you can vote for my wish to get all the Postal updates here:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/update_postal_1_2_to_the_latest_versions
Gydion: I'm not sure I understand the point? The updates still supposed to be in the works for those you would still choose to believe that.
The point is to make sure that the updates finish being "in the works" as soon as possible.
CARRiON.FLOWERS: They're already initiating their next plan to probably fix this which is Galaxy.
timppu: So is your suggestion that GOG should forget about standalone installers (and patches), and concentrate on the client (Galaxy)? Only then GOG would be fit to release also newer and indie games?
No, my suggestion was in my original post, which was GOG should enforce devs to patch their games, or after a certain period of time it's in risk of being taken off the store until it gets patched. Period. This is for the large cases where other stores have gotten lots of patches causing the GOG version to be very behind and outdated.
I guess Punch club can be added to the list as well :(
zambrey: I guess Punch club can be added to the list as well :(
Depends, has anyone actually contacted the devs regarding the updates?
zambrey: I guess Punch club can be added to the list as well :(
omega64: Depends, has anyone actually contacted the devs regarding the updates?
There is a quite recent thread on Steam but without official response yet.
omega64: Depends, has anyone actually contacted the devs regarding the updates?
zambrey: There is a quite recent thread on Steam but without official response yet.
Someone (not me as I don't even own the game) should probably e-mail them or try Twitter. Steam forums usually get overlooked even unintentionally.
omega64: Someone (not me as I don't even own the game) should probably e-mail them or try Twitter. Steam forums usually get overlooked even unintentionally.
I sent an email - I'll let you know if I hear back.
omega64: Someone (not me as I don't even own the game) should probably e-mail them or try Twitter. Steam forums usually get overlooked even unintentionally.
tremere110: I sent an email - I'll let you know if I hear back.
FFS really? What was that other game you said was a month out? I replied to you on its thread and now I can't quite remember what it was. It was only yesterday too I think.
edit: ah it was Sorcerer King: Rivals.
Post edited December 05, 2016 by micktiegs_8
omega64: Steam forums usually get overlooked even unintentionally.
As someone that posts on Steam quite frequently I'm 99% certain it's intentional. Place is a cesspool.
Gengar78: The point is to make sure that the updates finish being "in the works" as soon as possible.
OK. I don't understand how the wish helps with that though.
Added The Manhole because