It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fronzelneekburm: So far I went for the "fix your shit and you're off the list"-approach, I don't really want to punish those companies who ultimately decided to put things in order and put them next to other companies who clearly can't be assed.
I agree with this method. I doubt we'll ever be on equal ground with Steam, so sometimes we gotta take what we can get. But ultimately it's up to you.
Let's celebrate one year of outdated Postal: Classic and Uncut!
(Hint: You should edit your GOGmix's description)
Post edited October 12, 2016 by Grargar
fronzelneekburm: So far I went for the "fix your shit and you're off the list"-approach, I don't really want to punish those companies who ultimately decided to put things in order and put them next to other companies who clearly can't be assed.
I guess you could remove Hand of Fate from the mix as it received all the patches and a DLC.
This is my thinking too. I mainly use that list to check whether the GOG release is (still) missing something important, not as a wall of shame for past "crimes" from here to eternity.

I take it for granted that GOG releases will pretty much always play a second fiddle to Steam releases, unless it is a CDPR game. If the meaning is to list (and keep) all games and publishers here that consider Steam more (much more) important than the GOG release... then yeah, i guess the list would be quite long indeed.

So I am more interested to see cases like "the publisher just doesn't care anymore apparently" (like Slender: The Arrival) than games which receive updates later and less often than their Steam counterparts. In the latter cases it might even be up to GOG, they decide to skip some updates because they know a bigger update is coming just around the corner.
Post edited October 13, 2016 by timppu
skeletonbow: I dunno about you, but I'd prefer to see games remain on the list until they release another future update and it is simultaneously released on Steam and GOG. Otherwise people get the impression the game is on equal standing as a first class citizen just because it happened to eventually get an update here 9 months late, but then 2 months later another update comes out on Steam and we have to wait 9 months more to get it here again.
PaterAlf: You are right, I didn't think about it. But at least the description should be altered to tell people that the game is up to date at the moment.

Edit: It seems the most recent update is missing again, so please forget what I've said.
It has all the updates Steam has:
https://www.gog.com/forum/sheltered/changelog/post5

The changelog you posted is cutoff. See screenshot.
Attachments:
sheltered.png (408 Kb)
tremere110: It has all the updates Steam has:
https://www.gog.com/forum/sheltered/changelog/post5

The changelog you posted is cutoff. See screenshot.
The part wasn't there yesterday. But good to know that all updates are included and that the game is up-to-date at the moment.
Removed Sheltered, added a bit to the Postal description (RWS are just trolling us at this point - no P1 updates, no P2 DLC, no P1 Redux, all despite repeated promises to the contrary).

zambrey: I guess you could remove Hand of Fate from the mix as it received all the patches and a DLC.
As much as I'd like to remove it, there's still the issue of the missing soundtrack. Also the whole "ask gog if you want a refund" thing is so outrageously dickish that I'm inclined to leave it on the list. As always, I'm open to opinions/suggestions!
high rated
Time for a change of pace: A preemptive strike against anti-gog-customer practices.

Added Tyranny to the list, because it will likely repeat the same mistake Paradox made with Pillars Of Eternity and not feature upgrade paths (which WILL come to Steam).

I'll remove the game once the upgrade paths are actually here.

added a bit to the Postal description (RWS are just trolling us at this point - no P1 updates, no P2 DLC, no P1 Redux, all despite repeated promises to the contrary).
You should state that no updates have been released for Postal 2 after the game got released on Steam as far as I know, Postal 2 has been heavily updated over the years. Seasonal events (Halloween) also don't exist in the GOG version. Far more than the expansion pack is missing. I assume same applies to the original Postal.

---

Apotheon seems to be outdated, version 1.26 on GOG (), [url=https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433625484/announcements/detail/955131678245923008] 1.3 on Steam.
Post edited November 07, 2016 by African_wildlife
African_wildlife: snip
As far as Postal is concerned, it's just a clusterfuck. I should just go ahead and put "Abandon all hope ye who bought this game on gog!" in the descriptions for both games.

As for Apotheon, after checking the game in my library I can confirm that it indeed has been out of date since late February. Did anyone contact the devs about putting the latest version here?
[removed false information]
Post edited December 22, 2016 by African_wildlife
PaterAlf: Omerta - City of Gangsters
The problems with the gamebreaking bug and the unwillingness of Kalypso to create a working patch for the DRM-free version are almost legendary.
I almost want to nominate Kalypso as a whole, but some of their problems like selling games that almost never work on modern systems are univeral and not just on gog. IDK maybe my complaint isn't even valid, I'm just still upset at having Tropico 1 and 2 as well as Cultures 1, 2 and Northland all not work. I also use to have tropico on a diffrent computer and that still wouldn't work.
Has anyone mentioned Master of Orion - Conquer the Stars yet? According to this dev-post, the Linux-version will be Steam-only.
Gaunathor: Has anyone mentioned Master of Orion - Conquer the Stars yet? According to this dev-post, the Linux-version will be Steam-only.
Wait what? O_o
omega64: Wait what? O_o
Galaxy.