It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: *snip*
Medical insurance benefits?
omega64: Medical insurance benefits?
As in, if you get injured or sick or something, the company pays for your treatment.
If you're somebody who doesn't have medical issues very often, you may wish to opt out of this and instead just take the money for it.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by zeogold
zeogold: As in, if you get injured or sick or something, the company pays for your treatment.
Ah, I thought that's what insurance in general was for. xD
zeogold: As in, if you get injured or sick or something, the company pays for your treatment.
omega64: Ah, I thought that's what insurance in general was for. xD
Well, yeah, but this insurance costs money. So it's either the company pays for it or you're paying out of pocket.
US is a capitalistic country. Medical insurance is for the most part private, which means most people need to buy their own medical insurance. This can easily amount to many thousands of dollars a year, so quite a few employers offer insurance plans at a significant discount as a benefit (whereby the employer pays a more or less significant amount of the insurance).
mrkgnao: US is a capitalistic country. Medical insurance is for the most part private, which means most people need to buy their own medical insurance. This can easily amount to many thousands of dollars a year, so quite a few employers offer insurance plans at a significant discount as a benefit (whereby the employer pays a more or less significant amount of the insurance).
Very interesting, thank you for the explanation.
Post edited June 02, 2016 by omega64
deleted
Post edited June 02, 2016 by Fairfox
high rated
fronzelneekburm: I'm seriously contemplating adding every single game that is affected by gog Connect to the list. Steamtards get freebies, gog loyalists get... what exactly?
It's not a loyalty program, the loyal ones are already here, so they're already calculated into GOG's projections regarding direct revenue. GOG Connect is part of a mid/long term business strategy to increase market share, which I assume is expected to create enough direct revenue from new users to be worth it, and hopefully will come with some benefits for all users down the road.
And if such decisions drive (some of) the loyal ones away or to the competition, I assume that GOG has taken it into account, and came up with the numbers supporting that they can afford losing (at least some of) them when/if they grow by X%.
zeogold: To do something nice for their customers (this is a feature which a lot of people enjoy, after all)
They're not doing something nice for their customers, they're doing something nice for someone else's customers. There's bound to be some overlap, yeah, but ultimately it only benefits Steam users.

Hell, thinking about overlaps in the Steam and gog user base, time to go full tinfoil hat: What if this isn't exclusively about luring in new users? What if they really want to find out just how big this overlap between gog and Steam users really is? What if a majority of those supposedly anti-DRM gog users link their Steam account? What kind of conclusions would gog draw from that? What if the number of users that is anti-DRM to the point of refusing to get a Steam account (even if it means freebies for them) is so marginal that they might feel inclined to reconsider their DRM-free stance? Just as they have reconsidered their stances on flat pricing, worldwide availability and bonus content in the past.
fronzelneekburm: They're not doing something nice for their customers, they're doing something nice for someone else's customers. There's bound to be some overlap, yeah, but ultimately it only benefits Steam users.

Hell, thinking about overlaps in the Steam and gog user base, time to go full tinfoil hat: What if this isn't exclusively about luring in new users? What if they really want to find out just how big this overlap between gog and Steam users really is? What if a majority of those supposedly anti-DRM gog users link their Steam account? What kind of conclusions would gog draw from that? What if the number of users that is anti-DRM to the point of refusing to get a Steam account (even if it means freebies for them) is so marginal that they might feel inclined to reconsider their DRM-free stance? Just as they have reconsidered their stances on flat pricing, worldwide availability and bonus content in the past.
Tinfoil hat game on point...
fronzelneekburm: What if a majority of those supposedly anti-DRM gog users link their Steam account? What kind of conclusions would gog draw from that?
They'll know which games people like enough to buy them from a shitty drm'd crappy-client-encumbered service, which'll help them to improve their dev outreach.

fronzelneekburm: What if the number of users that is anti-DRM to the point of refusing to get a Steam account (even if it means freebies for them) is so marginal that they might feel inclined to reconsider their DRM-free stance?
Most "devout" GOG customers (not counting opportunists and Witcher registrations) have Steam. They know it.
fronzelneekburm: What if the number of users that is anti-DRM to the point of refusing to get a Steam account (even if it means freebies for them) is so marginal that they might feel inclined to reconsider their DRM-free stance?
Um...considering the insane amount of money Steam and other DRM services are hauling in on a daily basis, I don't think they need to mine user information to figure out which is more profitable.
fronzelneekburm: [...] What if the number of users that is anti-DRM to the point of refusing to get a Steam account (even if it means freebies for them) is so marginal [...]
Even in "full tinfoil hat" mode - how exactly will they get any sort of data on this?
I was sent away from the other thread, so I guess I leave Shadowrun Digital Deluxe Edition suggestion here.
The Shadowrun Returns Soundtrack
From the composers of the classic Shadowrun SEGA and SNES games, the Shadowrun Returns Soundtrack pays homage to the past with a modern sentiment.

Shadowrun Returns Anthology
Explore the story of Shadowrun Returns even further with an illustrated PDF of 16 short stories written by authors from Shadowrun’s past, present and future. As a bonus, the anthology also Includes over 60 pages of concept art from the creation of the game.
Sadly both, fantastic soundtrack and rich in content .pdf (about 2oo pages!) aren't available at gog.
mike_cesara: I was sent away from the other thread, so I guess I leave Shadowrun Digital Deluxe Edition suggestion here.

The Shadowrun Returns Soundtrack
From the composers of the classic Shadowrun SEGA and SNES games, the Shadowrun Returns Soundtrack pays homage to the past with a modern sentiment.

Shadowrun Returns Anthology
Explore the story of Shadowrun Returns even further with an illustrated PDF of 16 short stories written by authors from Shadowrun’s past, present and future. As a bonus, the anthology also Includes over 60 pages of concept art from the creation of the game.
mike_cesara: Sadly both, fantastic soundtrack and rich in content .pdf (about 2oo pages!) aren't available at gog.
I mentioned that over , but I don't think it got listed on that thread. [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_missing_soundtracks_resource_list/page1]https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_missing_soundtracks_resource_list/page1 does note the absent soundtrack.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_games_missing_expansions_importantdefinitive_versions_and_informative_bonus_content/ is another potential thread for it.