It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

little nightmares, the scarecrow sack and upside-down teapot pre-order DLC is available to buy on steam but not on GOG

EDIT: I just discovered its still possible to unlock the DLC by adding a folder and a text file

https://www.gog.com/forum/little_nightmares/keeping_track_of_exclusive_content

so that's not as bad i guess
Post edited September 25, 2018 by Pixel-Precision
Posted this in the thread about the new Amnesia update but thought i'd post it here:

It wasn't up to date with the Steam version prior to this. It was missing a file that was called SDL2 if i recall correctly. The GOG version would have the mouse cursor flick around randomly without you doing anything but that extra file on Steam seemed to fix it. A while ago i tried it again because i read that there was an update that might have fixed this. Either a Windows 10 update or an update to how SDL worked on Windows 10 i'm not exactly sure. Either way it wasn't an update by Frictional to the game to bring it up to date with the Steam version.

It seemed to have worked fine then, no thanks to Frictional. I just installed Amnesia again after this latest update and it seems like that SDL2 file that Steam had has now been added to the GOG version. So i assume the GOG version now matches the Steam version but i haven't downloaded the Steam version and compared the files side by side again. I also loaded up the GOG version quickly and the mouse was working fine. No random flicks causing the camera to shoot all over the place.
Post edited September 29, 2018 by user deleted
Point_Man: Posted this in the thread about the new Amnesia update but thought i'd post it here:

It wasn't up to date with the Steam version prior to this. It was missing a file that was called SDL2 if i recall correctly. The GOG version would have the mouse cursor flick around randomly without you doing anything but that extra file on Steam seemed to fix it. A while ago i tried it again because i read that there was an update that might have fixed this. Either a Windows 10 update or an update to how SDL worked on Windows 10 i'm not exactly sure. Either way it wasn't an update by Frictional to the game to bring it up to date with the Steam version.

It seemed to have worked fine then, no thanks to Frictional. I just installed Amnesia again after this latest update and it seems like that SDL2 file that Steam had has now been added to the GOG version. So i assume the GOG version now matches the Steam version but i haven't downloaded the Steam version and compared the files side by side again. I also loaded up the GOG version quickly and the mouse was working fine. No random flicks causing the camera to shoot all over the place.
Point_Man:
Sounds like I can take Amnesia off the list. Which I gladly would, if I could.

But unfortunately, gog still didn't bother to fix their gogmixes. I still can't make any changes. I can't even put a disclaimer there that says "Yo, this thing is broken. Please refer to the corresponding forum thread." Sad.
Post edited September 29, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
I think I've read somewhere that GOG seems to be abandoning gogmixes. If so, would it be prudent to move the list to google docs or pastebin (for those who want to escape the grip of big G)?
goldfishfingers: I think I've read somewhere that GOG seems to be abandoning gogmixes. If so, would it be prudent to move the list to google docs or pastebin (for those who want to escape the grip of big G)?
I was thinking the same thing.
So i see space colony HD on sale and i see that the gog version is a little inferior. But It does say HD on gog so i wonder about that if it's the same about graphics then steam, other stuff like mini campaign is missing probably and the rebalance of easy mode.
goldfishfingers: I think I've read somewhere that GOG seems to be abandoning gogmixes. If so, would it be prudent to move the list to google docs or pastebin (for those who want to escape the grip of big G)?
Sure, it could happen. But without visibility, what's the point?
Not sure what your point is given that the gogmix can't be edited anyway
Hotline Miami 2 has no soundtrack available as DLC like on Steam (FLAC, MP3). While it's possible to extract the music tracks from the game files the tracks don't have tags, are in lossy OGG format and I can't guarantee that the full soundtrack is included (15€ soundtrack can certainly have additional or extended songs!).

Surprisingly I didn't find any discussion about the topic on this thread, only the missing level-editor updates is mentioned numerous times.
African_wildlife: Hotline Miami 2 has no soundtrack available as DLC like on Steam (FLAC, MP3). While it's possible to extract the music tracks from the game files the tracks don't have tags, are in lossy OGG format and I can't guarantee that the full soundtrack is included (15€ soundtrack can certainly have additional or extended songs!).

Surprisingly I didn't find any discussion about the topic on this thread, only the missing level-editor updates is mentioned numerous times.
Unfortunately there are dozens and dozens of games that don't sell here on GOG their soundtrack, when instead it is present on Steam. Maybe one day I'll try to make a list.
African_wildlife: Hotline Miami 2 has no soundtrack available as DLC like on Steam (FLAC, MP3). While it's possible to extract the music tracks from the game files the tracks don't have tags, are in lossy OGG format and I can't guarantee that the full soundtrack is included (15€ soundtrack can certainly have additional or extended songs!).

I used to mention the missing OST along with the missing level editor. When the editor FINALLY reached gog, I was in such an euphoric state that I deleted HM2 off the list.

Now that you mention it, yes, it should be included. That missing OST is bollocks, especially considering we do get a fairly useless Remix EP but not the actual soundtrack. A word of warning though: The official OST contains several mixes that are different from the ones in the game and is also missing at least one track (namely the song that is played once you clear a level), so ripping the OST from the game files isn't a bad idea either way.
high rated
fronzelneekburm: Knowing gog, they usually go for the most blunt band aid solution imaginable whenever they run into tech-issues. So they'll probably just disable gogmixes altogether.
Fronzel was right again.

Only they were too lazy to actually disable gogmixes, they just removed them from game pages.

Looks like we're about done here, guys. It's been one hell of a ride! Thanks to everyone who contributed and on occasion gave me some encouragement by letting me know how helpful this list was to them. It was much appreciated!

It's time for me to bow out now. In the past I always liked to blame devs and publishers for not updating their games here (and they do share the lion's share of the blame), but right now I'm at a point where I'm thinking: How can I trust a service to maintain the games they sell if they're incapable of maintaining their own website.

Take this as a vote of no confidence. When buying here, be cautious and always assume that you're getting the short end of the stick.
fronzelneekburm: Knowing gog, they usually go for the most blunt band aid solution imaginable whenever they run into tech-issues. So they'll probably just disable gogmixes altogether.
fronzelneekburm: Fronzel was right again.

Only they were too lazy to actually disable gogmixes, they just removed them from game pages.

Looks like we're about done here, guys. It's been one hell of a ride! Thanks to everyone who contributed and on occasion gave me some encouragement by letting me know how helpful this list was to them. It was much appreciated!

It's time for me to bow out now. In the past I always liked to blame devs and publishers for not updating their games here (and they do share the lion's share of the blame), but right now I'm at a point where I'm thinking: How can I trust a service to maintain the games they sell if they're incapable of maintaining their own website.

Take this as a vote of no confidence. When buying here, be cautious and always assume that you're getting the short end of the stick.
That's a shame I've had a love-hate with that mix.

Love checking to see what games are on it & the ones that finally get updated & are removed.

Hate seeing another game get added that never gets updated & the devs that ignore us when we tell them about it.

I just wanted to say thank you for all you did here. So long partner
Post edited October 01, 2018 by armedready
high rated
armedready: That's a shame I've had a love-hate with that mix.

Love checking to see what games are on it & the ones that finally get updated & are removed.

Hate seeing another game get added that never gets updated & the devs that ignore us when we tell them about it.

I just wanted to say thank you for all you did here. So long partner
Thanks, man! I appreciate it!

------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone wants to pick up the torch carry on the legacy (be it via googledocs or on reddit or whereever), here's the list from the gogmix:

(The list is just too long, so I have to split this up into two posts, but I can't do any more posts right now. I'll post the rest later)

Defender of the Crown
Sold on GOG for $5.99. A few weeks after the GOG release, a collection of Cinemaware games featuring this plus 12 other games showed up on another platform for a mere $9.99.

Wings (Emulated Amiga Edition)
Same as above.

Rocket Ranger (Emulated Amiga Edition)
Same as above.

Botanicula
GOG offered an exclusive pre-order deal for this game. Come release day, Botanicula was featured in a Humble Bundle at the "pay what you want"-base tier with a slew of extra content not present in the GOG version.

Clustertruck
The gog version is missing the level editor, replays, leaderboards, and the ability to play custom maps. Both the editor and replays were initially advertised on the game's store page, but have been quietly redacted.

Perception
Features a game-breaking bug in the final chapter. Devs refuse to patch the gog version because they "have issues with gog" (they don't have issues taking money from gog customers for a broken game, though). Missing content update that adds new modes

Space Colony HD
"They made an updated definitive version exclusive to Steam. It not only includes the usual Steam nonsense, but also adds HD graphics upgrade, a re-balance to easy mode, and a new mini campaign." (micktiegs_8)

Escape Goat 2
No level editor on gog

Shadwen
Shadwen's level editor is Steam-exclusive. The developer mentioned that they have no plans to change this, as they have linked the sharing with the Steam workshop feature.

Deathtrap
This DRM-Free version does not contain the Level Editor, Workshop and Custom Map support

Overfall
Is apparently missing the "Story Creator Mode"

Necropolis: Brutal Edition
Multiplayer/Coop is missing from the GOG version despite it being advertised during the pre-order campaign. Harebrained Schemes promised to add these features at a later point, but instead decided to drop further development of this game altogether.

Manhole: Masterpiece Edition, The
The GOG version of The Manhole: Masterpiece Edition costs $5.99, while the publisher offers the Cyan Children's Pack on Steam, which contains The Manhole in addition to two other games for the exact same price.

Luftrausers
A bug prevents the completion of this game. "The fix came out just days after the game was released... on Steam. The devs have not made the effort to release a full update to all platforms as they told me they were doing." (ForsakenEagle)

Tales of Monkey Island
Horrible sound quality in second episode. This is a very old problem and TellTale team confirmed that they fix it and updated game on their site and on Steam... over three years ago! (pykman)

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav
Missing the original German language audio. According to Daedalic, this was due to the flat pricing. However, the games are regionally priced now and still the GOG version does not feature the German audio. Mails to Daedalic have gone ignored.

Memoria
Same as above.

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship ...
A patch was supposed to add 4 Player co-op support and additional fixes. gog user Irenicus73 e-mailed the developers about this update, and got this reply back: "chances are the GoG version won't be getting the patch. cheers chrisM"

Wings!™ Remastered Edition
The GOG version of Wings! Remastered seems to have received a flawed version of the latest patch that removed the voice-overs.

Brutal Legend
No multiplayer in the DRM-free build. At least they're upfront about it and explicitly mention that on the game page.

Ironclad Tactics Deluxe Edition
The DRM free version of Ironclad Tactics Deluxe Edition is single-player only.

The Chaos Engine
The GOG version has no online multiplayer, while a version sold somewhere else does. (Grargar)

Albedo: Eyes from Outer Space
The GOG version has not changed since April 2015 and is missing the May 2015, June 2015 and September 2015 updates available on Steam.

Lovely Planet
The GOG version of Lovely Planet doesn't feature leaderboards. Email I got from the developer calls it "inferior". (hyperagathon)

OlliOlli
Missing daily challenges (Grargar) and leaderboards (sh4dow83)

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
Same as above.

Spelunky
No daily challenge in the DRM free version (DAlancole)

Outlast
GOG version is missing the soundtrack that is featured on the version sold on another platform.

Nuclear Throne
This game was released on December 5th, 2015. The GOG version has yet to receive a single patch

Samorost 2
Amanita Design decided to screw over Day 1 gog buyers by selling this game at $0.99 on Humble literally one day day after releasing it on gog.

Hatoful Boyfriend
On other stores, a Collector's Edition which offers a variety of extra can be purchased, but there is no option for it here.

STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Repub...
As of yet, this didn't receive the 2015 patch released by Aspyr, despite Aspyr reassuring gog users that it is being worked on as far back as February 2016.

Starbound
The dev/pub, has chosen to block third-party downloads from Steam workshop, making it impossible to get workshop-exclusive mods mods if you are not a non-Steam user. Also, there is no option to purchase the soundtrack, as you can do on Steam.

Mirror's Edge™
The Time Trials DLC pack is Origin-exclusive.

Offworld Trading Company
According to the devs, the gog version does not have and won't have the whole multiplayer side implemented. There is no way to play with friends on gog. No custom lobbies either. No word about this when the game launched, cut features were advertised

DLC: Offworld Trading Company - Alman...
See above.

DLC: Offworld Trading Company - Ceres...
See above.

DLC: Offworld Trading Company - Scena...
See above.

DLC: Offworld Trading Company - OST
See above.

DLC: Offworld Trading Company - Real ...
See above.

DLC: Offworld Trading Company - The P...
See above.

Punch Club
The last patch for Punch club introduces easy mode and GOG version still suffers from a bug which was fixed last March.

Punch Club Deluxe Edition
The last patch for Punch club introduces easy mode and GOG version still suffers from a bug which was fixed last March.

Worms W.M.D
Current build is several months out of date and is missing many big updates

Aragami
No level editor, because it's "heavily linked to the Steam Workshop API. An effort could be done to detach it, but we would need to redesign the user interface and do some testing. In any case, it's a lot of effort to implement a half-baked solution"

Party Hard
Gog version is missing the level editor as well as the "High Crimes" DLC.

Ball, The
The GOG version is missing three Suicidal levels (basically Challenge levels) incl. a Portal themed one.

Serious Sam: The First Encounter
Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is free on Steam for owners of either Serious Sam: The First Encounter or The Second Encounter while it isn't even available on gog.

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
Serious Sam Classics: Revolution is free on Steam for owners of either Serious Sam: The First Encounter or The Second Encounter while it isn't even available on gog.

DLC: Crypt of the NecroDancer: AMPLIFIED
Missing four soundtrack DLCs available on Steam.

Turmoil
At the request of the publisher gog region locked this game in China, where it is still readily available on Steam.

Doom 3: BFG Edition
No multiplayer in the gog version (however, it can be enabled via console commands). Due to censorship and various gameplay changes, the BFG Edition is generally considered inferior to the original Doom 3, which is not available as of yet.

Mother Russia Bleeds
No leaderboards in the gog version.

Mother Russia Bleeds: Dealer Edition
No leaderboards in the gog version.

DLC: Botanicula Soundtrack + Art Book
Oh, guess what: The Humble-exclusive bonus content finally showed up here, 5 years after the fact! Unfortunately, people who who fell for Anamita's EXCLUSIVE pre-order deal on gog won't be getting this upgrade for free.

Arx Fatalis
Missing French, German, Italian, Spanish and Russian versions found on Steam

SpellForce Platinum
Missing German and French versions available on Steam

Sacrifice
Missing French, German, Italian and Spanish versions found on Steam

Pajama Sam Vol. 1
Missing German, Dutch and French versions of Pajama Sam 1&2, all of which are on Steam.

Pajama Sam Vol. 2
Missing Dutch and French versions of Pajama Sam 3, which can be found on Steam.

Majesty Gold HD
Apparently got update with modding support on Steam, but never on GOG.

AquaNox
Missing German, Italian and Spanish version

AquaNox 2: Revelation
Missing German and French version

Cossacks Anthology
Missing French, German and Russian version

Earth 2140 Trilogy
Missing Italian and German version

Earth 2160
Missing French, German, Spanish, Italian, Czech and Polish version

Gorky 17
Missing French, German, Spanish, Russian and Polish version

Railroad Tycoon 3
Missing French, Italian, German and Spanish version

Vampire®: The Masquerade - Bloodline...
Missing German and French version
Post edited October 01, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: ...
Your list is in the 10th anniversary thread too - https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/9khtu1/gog_celebrates_their_10th_anniversary/

Thanks for your help. Are you done on the forums or are you going to stick around?