It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fronzelneekburm: Added Finding Paradise for the missing FLAC soundtrack. How hard can it be to provide a FLAC soundtrack? It's been 7 months since the game launched here. Seriously...
The game is also missing several languages, and the alternative version which is available on Steam.

Btw, I fully support the rest of your post, you're doing an incredible job, and I agree that ultimately getting updates is what really matters, not just punishing "lazy" developers.
fronzelneekburm:
The games and publishers or developers that habitually take a long time to add patches/content here could be listed in the OP, or in a post linked to in the OP? So not showing up on the gamecard in that mix, but still somewhere easily reachable.
fronzelneekburm: ...
We get back to the discussion whether also GOG games missing e.g. achievements should be included to the list...

I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere. To me the most important thing about this list is to find out those "hidden" things, like missing updates or DLCs, which are not easy to figure out by yourself.

Things that should be easy for anyone to check from the gamecard, like whether there is the Achievements icon, or whether the game offers multiplayer support (or the gamecard even specifically mentions the GOG version is lacking it, like in this case), or the gamecard doesn't mention Linux/Mac/German/Hindi-versions of the game being offered... less so.

But up to you, since you are the maintainer.
fronzelneekburm: Added XCOM: Enemy Unknown for missing multiplayer (shiiit, I just bought it a minute ago). What's even more infuriating is that the Seam version explicitly offers cross-platform multiplayer. Which probably means that if you own a Playstation, you can play multiplayer. If you own an X-Box, you can play multiplayer. If you're a gog-peasant, you can fuck right off.
adamhm: AFAIK it's actually just cross-platform between Windows/Mac/Linux. The Linux and Mac versions aren't available here either though
Ahhh, thanks for the info! I had no idea that this would even constitute cross-platform, since all of them are essentially the same platform: Steam.

fronzelneekburm: Added Finding Paradise for the missing FLAC soundtrack. How hard can it be to provide a FLAC soundtrack? It's been 7 months since the game launched here. Seriously...
Desmight: The game is also missing several languages, and the alternative version which is available on Steam.

Btw, I fully support the rest of your post, you're doing an incredible job, and I agree that ultimately getting updates is what really matters, not just punishing "lazy" developers.
Thanks! I really try to make this list as fair as possible to all the involved parties (the users, the devs, gog), so I'm always happy when this is appreciated.

Cavalary: The games and publishers or developers that habitually take a long time to add patches/content here could be listed in the OP, or in a post linked to in the OP? So not showing up on the gamecard in that mix, but still somewhere easily reachable.
Yes, I'm definitely considering this. I've been meaning to make some changes to the (barebones) OP for some time now. But it'll also mean combing through some 1200 posts, which has scared me away from actually following through with this plan. ;)

timppu: We get back to the discussion whether also GOG games missing e.g. achievements should be included to the list...

I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere. To me the most important thing about this list is to find out those "hidden" things, like missing updates or DLCs, which are not easy to figure out by yourself.

Things that should be easy for anyone to check from the gamecard, like whether there is the Achievements icon, or whether the game offers multiplayer support (or the gamecard even specifically mentions the GOG version is lacking it, like in this case), or the gamecard doesn't mention Linux/Mac/German/Hindi-versions of the game being offered... less so.
Again, I agree with what you're saying. And yes, the missing languages isn't really something I'm too eager to feature on the list. The only reason I'm putting them there is the vague hope that somewhere, somebody reads this and realises "Oh, might want to inquire with the devs about getting that missing language version here!" and the whole issue is resolved within the day. That's the reason I started putting missing language versions here. Mac and Linux builds I can see how that might be a little more complicated. But missing languages...?

Regarding XCOM: I understand that people are hyped about the game being released here. I'm not happy about putting the game on the mix either, but the missing multiplayer makes it an inferior version. That's just objective fact. Besides, we've had precedent with Brütal Legend, which has been on the list since its inception back in 2014 and no one complained. Brütal Legend also comes a warning on the game page about the missing multiplayer.

I'm always open to suggestions, so if someone here can make a convincing case for how missing multiplayer doesn't constitute selling an inferior build, they are welcome to do so.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
fronzelneekburm: Added XCOM: Enemy Unknown for missing multiplayer (shiiit, I just bought it a minute ago). What's even more infuriating is that the Seam version explicitly offers cross-platform multiplayer. Which probably means that if you own a Playstation, you can play multiplayer. If you own an X-Box, you can play multiplayer. If you're a gog-peasant, you can fuck right off.
It's a bare-bones tacked on multiplayer that doesn't even have full campaign mode. Not really worth putting on the list imo:

http://xcom.wikia.com/wiki/Multiplayer_%28XCOM%3A_Enemy_Unknown%29
Post edited June 14, 2018 by Lucian_Galca
Some of the achievements of XCOM: Enemy Unknown on Steam are obtainable only with the multiplayer, somebody could tell me if they have been deleted from the GOG version, or if they are there and consequently they will never be achievable? Thanks!
timppu: So guys, do you think GOG shouldn't be selling the game then? Or what?
No, not what I think, I'm not opposed to GOG selling a game here with missing features. I'm not even that opposed to it not being completely up-to-date, if the patches are minor. However...
timppu: I am glad GOG decided to release it, even without multiplayer. As long as people are aware of itI don't think there is any reason to bitch about it, and GOG is telling about it right there on the gamecard.

If you don't want to buy it without multiplayer (or achievements, or whatever), then don't. As simple as that.

I oppose the idea of adding this game to the "second class citizens" list, but I guess it is up to the list maintainer. The publisher should be commended for releasing the game on GOG, not condemned.
...I'm very much opposed to GOG not mentioning all the ommited features or making them so tiny that your average buyer won't notice. A GOGmix mentioning all the games with missing features is much better than having to do the homework on your own. And since the storepages can actually be wrong at times, an extra source of info is never bad for the consumer.
Post edited June 15, 2018 by Grargar
timppu: So guys, do you think GOG shouldn't be selling the game then? Or what?
I am glad GOG decided to release it, even without multiplayer. As long as people are aware of it, I don't think there is any reason to bitch about it, and GOG is telling about it right there on the gamecard.
Am I glad that it arrived here? yes
Is there a reason to complain? yes
Since I'm here, question: Would Jotun qualify for being 64-bit only here even though a 32-bit version exists? Was saying I asked the dev about it (on Fb) when it was given away and they said they were busy with Sundered at the moment but will look into sending the 32 bit to GOG too... And it's been almost a year...

Oh, and on the topic of Enemy Unknown, seems like it's missing the fair price package too. Will send a support ticket just in case... (Edit: Well, that's weird.)
Post edited June 15, 2018 by Cavalary
Can't reply to posts. Fix your forums GOG.

Agreed with timppu, especially given XCOM EU's multiplayer is pretty bare-bones and tacked on.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by Lucian_Galca
high rated
Alexim: Some of the achievements of XCOM: Enemy Unknown on Steam are obtainable only with the multiplayer, somebody could tell me if they have been deleted from the GOG version, or if they are there and consequently they will never be achievable? Thanks!
There are exactly two multiplayer-related achievements in XCOM and both have been removed in this version.
Lucian_Galca: Direct link not posting properly. GOG forums busted again. :(
Nothing new, some characters tend to need converting to character codes. And link text containing them may be messed up, so better format it yourself in these cases.
^ That fixed my link. Much thanks!
Alexim: Some of the achievements of XCOM: Enemy Unknown on Steam are obtainable only with the multiplayer, somebody could tell me if they have been deleted from the GOG version, or if they are there and consequently they will never be achievable? Thanks!
Thiev: There are exactly two multiplayer-related achievements in XCOM and both have been removed in this version.
Thanks for the response, I think it was the right choice in this case, although I hope that in the future they can be reintroduced along with the multiplayer.
phaolo: Yeah, I wouldn't have even noticed that, it's a bit hidden.
I'm more a SP guy, but I'm also not a fan of missing features, expecially important ones like MP.
It's not an important one with this game, at all. It was just forced in to have multiplayer.
Post edited June 14, 2018 by omega64