It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Desmight: It seems to be an engine issue, completely fixed only by a Unity update (version 5.50), so that may be the reason why they didn't bring the update to the GOG version too, it's not a definive fix, but that's just a speculation.

Anyway, we should also keep an eye on Finding Paradise, the game is getting a lot of translations on Steam, using alternative and beta channels for updates, and even an alternative build that fixes some issues for Windows 7/8/10 users, but I don't know what's going on here on GOG, because there's no support for beta updates.
kohlrak: How can a bugfix be a beta release?
They released the bugfix, but it seems to have not fixed the issue because it's related to the engine, whick got later updated and they never bring that update to the game (not even the Steam version). That's maybe why they didn't bother to bring the 1.3.19 hotfix to the GOG version: it doesn't work. But, as I said, it's just a speculation.
kohlrak: How can a bugfix be a beta release?
Desmight: They released the bugfix, but it seems to have not fixed the issue because it's related to the engine, whick got later updated and they never bring that update to the game (not even the Steam version). That's maybe why they didn't bother to bring the 1.3.19 hotfix to the GOG version: it doesn't work. But, as I said, it's just a speculation.
I'm thoroughly confused. How is there an update in the beta channels that fix engine issues for win7 users?

Also, the whole idea of an update that fixes a bug being a beta, but the bugged version being release, bothers me.
Desmight: They released the bugfix, but it seems to have not fixed the issue because it's related to the engine, whick got later updated and they never bring that update to the game (not even the Steam version). That's maybe why they didn't bother to bring the 1.3.19 hotfix to the GOG version: it doesn't work. But, as I said, it's just a speculation.
kohlrak: I'm thoroughly confused. How is there an update in the beta channels that fix engine issues for win7 users?

Also, the whole idea of an update that fixes a bug being a beta, but the bugged version being release, bothers me.
Sorry, there was a misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about Hand of Fate. I was talking about the 1.3.19 update.

As for Finding Paradise: the game has a main build (the one that's available on GOG too) and an alternative build, available through the beta channel of Steam updates for the game. It's been there for more than 1 month now and that alternative build fixes a lot of issues for Windows users (fullscreen/windowed bugs, framerate issues etc.). The game also got some translations on Steam, that are still not available on GOG (I don't think the GOG version got any update at all since launch, honestly, but I may be wrong since I can only directly speak for the Steam version). All of this is why I was suggesting to keep an eye on Finding Paradise, maybe they'll make a big update at some point in the future, with the alternative version (with Windows fixes) and the other languages, but maybe not.
Post edited February 02, 2018 by user deleted
kohlrak: I'm thoroughly confused. How is there an update in the beta channels that fix engine issues for win7 users?

Desmight: Sorry, there was a misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about Hand of Fate. I was talking about the 1.3.19 update.

As for Finding Paradise: the game has a main build (the one that's available on GOG too) and an alternative build, available through the beta channel of Steam updates for the game. It's been there since more than 1 month and that alternative build fixes a lot of issues for Windows users (fullscreen/windowed bugs, framerate issues etc.). The game also got some translations on Steam, that are still not available on GOG (I don't think the GOG version got any update at all since launch, honestly, but I may be wrong since I can only directly speak for the Steam version). All of this is why I was suggesting to keep an eye on Finding Paradise, maybe they'll make a big update at some point in the future, with the alternative version (with Windows fixes) and the other languages, but maybe not.
Either way, there should not be a beta channel for bug fixes. I think someone's getting a little big for their britches in terms of management, which alone is a bad sign for gog. Even if gog did support beta updates, if you have beta updates for bugfixes, you have alot of red tape, which usually end up treating gog as second class citizens.
Post edited February 02, 2018 by kohlrak
kohlrak: Perhaps, but i think it's relevant to note how significant it is. When i look at the gogmix, i ask myself whether the title is worth what's missing. If i see "startup bug fixed," it sounds to me like the game doesn't even launch. It might not be here on gog, since it might cause problems with the steam client exclusively, hence why it wasn't brought here.
Desmight: It seems to be an engine issue, completely fixed only by a Unity update (version 5.50), so that may be the reason why they didn't bring the update to the GOG version too, it's not a definive fix, but that's just a speculation.

Anyway, we should also keep an eye on Finding Paradise, the game is getting a lot of translations on Steam, using alternative and beta channels for updates, and even an alternative build that fixes some issues for Windows 7/8/10 users, but I don't know what's going on here on GOG, because there's no support for beta updates.
Acually there is via Galaxy but I dont own the game so I can't tell you if any updates are on the beta channel exist or not. xD
Post edited February 02, 2018 by BKGaming

BKGaming: Acually there is via Galaxy but I dont own the game so I can't tell you if any updates are on the beta channel exist or not. xD
Nice, I didn't know that
high rated
Pharaonic is missing the language update (German, Italian, Portuguese). It's available on Steam for quite some time and since devs did not post there anymore I contacted them yesterday.

"The GOG version clearly states the supported languages, not including german, so claiming it as "nearly illegal" is definitely overreacting.

We'll see if we can release an update there, as updating a game on GOG is a longer and more complex process, while on Steam all it takes is literally a single click."

So we might still receive it some time but as for now it is not up to date. (BTW: I told the devs that supportuing one store but not the other while still getting same money on both would be "borderline illegal" if somebody was wondering about their reply)
Post edited February 02, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: "Updating a game on GOG is a longer and more complex process, while on Steam all it takes is literally a single click."
This sentence can be summed up in a single word: laziness.
MarkoH01: "Updating a game on GOG is a longer and more complex process, while on Steam all it takes is literally a single click."
Alexim: This sentence can be summed up in a single word: laziness.
Apart from that with the possibility of updating the game using Galaxy update it's also not true anymore.
BKGaming: Acually there is via Galaxy but I dont own the game so I can't tell you if any updates are on the beta channel exist or not. xD
No different version available in Galaxy Beta as well - actual version is 1.2c (English/Japanese) updated a month ago. I don'nt worry about updates on this one. I am quite sure that the dev is trying things on Steam before getting them here to GOG as final release. It also took a while to get additional languages for "To The Moon" but he delivered. He likes GOG and I am sure he will send all final updates to GOG as well.
Post edited February 02, 2018 by MarkoH01
So... about 5 months later the GOG version of System Shock 2 gets a patch my Steam copy got back in Sep 29, 2017.
high rated
MarkoH01: Pharaonic is missing the language update (German, Italian, Portuguese). It's available on Steam for quite some time and since devs did not post there anymore I contacted them yesterday.

"The GOG version clearly states the supported languages, not including german, so claiming it as "nearly illegal" is definitely overreacting.

We'll see if we can release an update there, as updating a game on GOG is a longer and more complex process, while on Steam all it takes is literally a single click."

So we might still receive it some time but as for now it is not up to date. (BTW: I told the devs that supportuing one store but not the other while still getting same money on both would be "borderline illegal" if somebody was wondering about their reply)
Got to love how they see no issue with charging the same price for a a version with less languages than elsewhere since the supported languages are listed...

CARRiON-XCII: So... about 5 months later the GOG version of System Shock 2 gets a patch my Steam copy got back in Sep 29, 2017.
This isn't quite accurate.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
I know it states "Other platforms that get a better deal", but....does this count?

Braid on GOG is on offer for £2.79 or £2.19 if you're a first time user of their website.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/pc-gaming-daily-deals-thread.18571681/page-691#post-31578329

gog screwing over it's current customers?
high rated
The Fall is missing a December update, pretty big too considering it changes the control scheme to be more in line with the sequel and some other improvements.
Dead Synchronicity: Tomorrow Comes Today: GOG offers version 1.0.7 while Steam has version 1.0.12 (no idea what the differences are between those versions). Plus, on Steam you get the free prequel The Longest Night.

To be fair, the prequel can be downloaded from the game's website, but still.
muntdefems: [...] Plus, on Steam you get the free prequel The Longest Night.

To be fair, the prequel can be downloaded from the game's website, but still.
that's probably more due to gOg not wanting to host it, though.