Fight'n Rage https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/fightn_rage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ujLI3FgQY http://store.steampowered.com/app/674520
Forget about the pretenders, this is the true heir to the beat'em up throne. It's good, it's really
* Each character feels great to play and has their own playstyle. Different moves, different story, different gameplay flow.
* Loads of routes and endings, depending on the characters you picked and the choices made, including different ones for if you're playing solo, or as a duo or trio.
* Tight controls, none of input delay nonsense. Moves, combos, juggling, parrying, it's all there and it works extremely well. There's a lot more depth to it than you'd expect.
* Very nice spritework and environments.
* Great soundtrack and, especially important, satisfying soundwork for the combat - meaty blows and gibs.
* Local co-op for up to three players. You can also play with the CPU. There'll be no need for Galaxy, if that's what grinds your gears.
* Plenty of enemy types and bosses.
* Training mode for all your practice needs. Battle mode for all your 1-on-1 needs.
* Tons of unlockable extras. Costumes, difficulty settings, game modes, extra characters, etc.
* Lots of ways to adjust the graphics if you say, don't like a filter or graphics effect.
* Speedrun friendly timers, if that's your thing.
* The whole game, except for the music, was made by one person.
After being disappointed time and time again by games like Mother Russia Bleeds and its contemporaries, this game got my beat'em up blood pumping again. It's incredible and deserves way more attention than it has received.
I also found a thread asking for a GOG version on Steam, so go post there as well if you want draw the author's attention towards a GOG release: http://steamcommunity.com/app/674520/discussions/0/1480982338952312331