It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Taken to another level.

<span class="bold">Sublevel Zero Redux</span>, the overhauled version of the neon 6-DoF shooter, brings tons of tweaks and improvements, and is already available as a free update on GOG.com. Plus, you can now grab the game 35% off!

Itching to descend back into that vibrant cyberspace? Look out for all the added functionalities and extra content, including:

- Remastered campaign: An Intro campaign now helps players grasp the core mechanics before all the craziness begins, while the main campaign has also been restructured for a smoother difficulty curve
- 70 new possible room formations add variety to the procedural generation
- Teleporters that help reduce the unnecessary backtracking
- New regular and Elite enemies: There are two completely new foes, plus a dozen elite varieties of existing ones for veteran players to unlock
- New starting classes: The Seeker, which utilizes homing weapons, and the Reaver, an experimental ship designed by an unstable eccentric
- Bestiary: A codex to keep track of the enemies you meet and their unique properties
- Save and Quit functionality gives you the option to restore your session from the beginning of the current level
- VR Support: The game now fully supports Oculus Rift and HTC Vive
- Better optimization for a smoother performance
- French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Russian localizations added

What are you all still doing here? Jump into your cockpits and check out that awesome new stuff!

The 35% discount on <span class="bold">Sublevel Zero Redux</span> will last until July 20, 5PM UTC.

Watch the trailer.
Post edited July 13, 2017 by maladr0Id
IronArcturus: On the original version of Sublevel Zero, there were about 6 levels in the game. In Redux it only shows 4. Have some of the levels been combined?
The way it works now is you complete a short 'intro campaign' of 4 levels.

Once doing this, it unlocks the full regular 6-level campaign. As you complete more runs, you will unlock more advanced versions of the campaign which include things like new elite variants of enemies and harder alternate levels as well as the regular persistent unlocks.
Gerer: The way it works now is you complete a short 'intro campaign' of 4 levels.

Once doing this, it unlocks the full regular 6-level campaign. As you complete more runs, you will unlock more advanced versions of the campaign which include things like new elite variants of enemies and harder alternate levels as well as the regular persistent unlocks.
Thanks for the info!
This is fantastic... its by far my favorite rougelike/6DOF games there is... you just cant beat it... you can go hard and blitz or kick back and relax... no forced movement at all, your in complete control <3
Nice! Buying right now.

I was asking myself: what machine would you need to play this in VR? I understand that you need a power machine for most of the new games. But an indie title with half of the requirements my machine has got (i5@750, HD7850)... ?
Awesome! Thank you for the free content.
totally missed the initial release - looks interesting - wishlisted
It's really interesting, I keep noticing that when comparing free content upgrades with paid DLC, the free ones tend to offer massive amounts of new content and new features, while the paid ones are content with adding a few scenario definitions or 3D models and textures. The ratio of price versus how much effort went into it is usually inversely proportional. I guess it really is a question of attitude =)
Gorgeous game, excellent gameplay as in the shooting/exploration, but the fact that you have to repeat the beginning thousands of times just to advance is normally a deal-breaker as I detest wasted effort, hated it in 1991, hate it now, but this game is still a must buy for people who crave this gameplay, which is fine by me as I got this for free with gog's sales!
Starmaker: Oh, it's that pretty game I suck at.

Will my savescumming script from the regular version work with Redux?
WAIT, WHAT? Where? I would love to download it, unless it's not publically released, I respect the fact that you might want to save the code for yourself, naturally! ;)

Six_Ways: Probably :) We've not changed the internals of loading levels, save files etc. BUT, you can also now (except on HARD difficulty) quit at any time and restart at the current level.
Well this is great! As I lose interest pretty quick when my efforts are wasted as in losing accomplishments too often!
The menus are completely broken in this Redux version.I tried setting up my Xbox One controller in this game, but everytime you click on the controller and choose a layout, it disappears again. Somehow you can get a layout to work, but if you go to the next level the mappings are broken, and up/down is turned into rotate commands.
Trying to setup my HOTAS stick is completely impossible: choosing all the commands is very tedious, annoying and possibly broken as well. Controller support on linux is not as good as in windows: default layouts isn't even present. Some graphics options made the glare hang around and the game wasn't visible anymore either.

Just tried the classic version of the game and there the menus don't seem so broken. Haven't tried my hotas there yet, but the tutorial bugged there and wouldn't let me proceed. But at least it seems more playable than the buggy redux release.