It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IronArcturus: Yes! That's it! I keep hoping GOG can get it someday. I found the wishlist!
rampancy: Unfortunately, the developers have publicly stated that Ziggurat won't be coming to GOG due to the lack of a good auto-updating service, and that they've built around the Steamworks API for multiplayer and achievements, etc. Presumably, one of the reasons why GOG has pursued the development of Galaxy.
So once GOG releases GOG Galaxy, would there be a possibility for Ziggurat to show up here?
rampancy: Unfortunately, the developers have publicly stated that Ziggurat won't be coming to GOG due to the lack of a good auto-updating service, and that they've built around the Steamworks API for multiplayer and achievements, etc. Presumably, one of the reasons why GOG has pursued the development of Galaxy.
IronArcturus: So once GOG releases GOG Galaxy, would there be a possibility for Ziggurat to show up here?
The only one that can answer that is the developer.
FYI: Ziggurat doesn't have Multiplayer right?
Learderboards maybe?
I'm surprised nobody was yet annoyed by the constant abuse of the trademark logo. I suppose it's a joke but if it's not I think it really sucks for the page "readability"...

Also, as others have pointed out, there are a few things that bother me:

- procedural : games from this era relied mainly on their level design and that's why I still find them appealing today.
- look : art direction is unclear between pixelated doom and 3d quake. the weapons are a good example of the mish-mash.
- budget??? They don't provide a breakdown on how they're gonna spend the 185K$. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if phr00t was given 20K$ he would make the same game.
Good points.

"Procedural" rarely gives gamers anything more than a buzz word in terms of actually creating better gameplay.

It should be;

"We're too lazy to create good level design, so we're doing it all automatically."
Holy shi1t... o.o That's the goriest trailer I've ever seen. And the game seems cool =D
Strafe Kickstarter will soon be over, and it's struggling to make its goal. So if the project interests you at all, now would be the time to pledge.
jefequeso: Strafe Kickstarter will soon be over, and it's struggling to make its goal. So if the project interests you at all, now would be the time to pledge.
The game ( and trailer ) look cool, but I couldn't find any mention of DRM or GOG on the kickstarter page, so that's the point where I kinda lost interest.

Would still likely buy a copy, if they ever publish it here.
bad_fur_day1: Good points.

"Procedural" rarely gives gamers anything more than a buzz word in terms of actually creating better gameplay.

It should be;

"We're too lazy to create good level design, so we're doing it all automatically."
Not entirely correct. If they attempt to create a good random level generator, that's actually going to take more effort than a set amount of pre-designed levels. And if they succeed, it could make the game a lot more fun in the long run. ( Although I agree that old school shooters had amazing level designs. )

The problem is, most developers who go for randomized levels/content fail to get it right. Either way, let's not judge this before it's actually completed and playable.
Post edited February 17, 2015 by CharlesGrey
There's also a very very rough playable demo for backers, if you guys want to give the game a try.

I'm really hoping they make their goal. I want :(
jefequeso: There's also a very very rough playable demo for backers, if you guys want to give the game a try.
Which can be found here.
Looks like the desperate release of the demo was a good move as it has now reached over 200K$ and is as such funded (still 2 hours to go)