It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As we promised, we keep improving ways to browse our game catalog, so that it can provide a smooth, and comfortable experience for exploration and finding new great games for you.

This time, we introduce 170 tags to help with more accurate browsing and filtering. You’re a fan of dungeon-crawlers? Maybe you’re looking for something family friendly? Or you’re in love with the pixel graphics, and you’d like to see something that boasts it?
All that and more, you can now browse after one click in the filter options in the catalog menu, or by clicking on the tag on the product page of a game.

Together with the ability to filter tags you’re interested in, we’re also introducing an option to exclude the tags you’d like to avoid seeing. You can do that, by clicking on the eye icon that appears when you hover over the specific tag in the filter menu.

We hope that this functionality will further improve the discoverability of the games, and help you find exactly what you want, in the shortest time possible.
Let us know how you like the new tag system in the comments, and send our way ideas for what new ones we could introduce in the future.
We’re always on the lookout for great ideas that can make your experience with GOG more enjoyable, and we’ll keep tinkering and working towards that goal, so stay tuned!
BreOl72: To further enhance the ability to find exactly what we want, in the shortest time possible, a list of all available tags would be nice.
WinterSnowfall: '2D', '4X', 'Atmospheric', 'Auto Battler', 'Base Building', "Beat 'em up", 'Board Game', 'Bullet Hell', 'CRPG', 'Card Game', 'Cartoony', 'Casual', 'Cats', 'Choices Matter', 'Choose Your Own Adventure', 'City builder', 'Classic', 'Cooking', 'Crafting', 'Crime', 'Cyberpunk', 'Dark', 'Dark Comedy', 'Dating Sim', 'Deckbuilding', 'Difficult', 'Dinosaurs', 'Dog', 'Dungeon Crawler', 'Dystopian', 'Education', 'Emotional', 'Escape Room', 'Exploration', 'FMV', 'FPS', 'Family Friendly', 'Fantasy', 'Farming', 'Female Protagonist', 'Fighting', 'First-Person', 'Fishing', 'Flight', 'Football', 'Funny', 'Good Old Game', 'Gore', 'Grand Strategy', 'Great Soundtrack', 'Hack and Slash', 'Hentai', 'Hidden Object', 'Historical', 'Horror', 'Indie', 'Investigation', 'Isometric', 'JRPG', 'LGBTQ+', 'LevelEditor', 'LifeSim', 'Local Co-Op', 'Local Multiplayer', 'Logic', 'Looter Shooter', 'Lovecraftian', 'Magic', 'Management', 'Martial Arts', 'Match3', 'Mature', 'Medieval', 'Metroidvania', 'Military', 'Modern', 'Movie', 'Multiplayer', 'Multiple Endings', 'Mystery', 'Mythology', 'NSFW', 'Nature', 'Naval', 'Ninja', 'Noir', 'Nudity', 'Open World', 'Parody', 'Party Game', 'Perma Death', 'Philosophical', 'Physics', 'Pinball', 'Pirates', 'Pixel Graphics', 'Platformer', 'Point&Click', 'Politics', 'Post-apocalyptic', 'Procedural Generation', 'Psychological', 'Psychological Horror', 'Puzzle', 'Puzzle Platformer', 'RTS', 'Racing', 'Real-Time', 'Realistic', 'Relaxing', 'Remake', 'Resource Management', 'Rhythm', 'Robots', 'Roguelike', 'Roguelite', 'Romance', 'Sandbox', 'Sci-fi', 'Science', 'Sexual Content', "Shoot'EmUp", 'Shooter', 'Short', 'Simulation', 'Sniper', 'Soccer', 'Souls-like', 'Space', 'Split Screen', 'Sports', 'Stealth', 'Steampunk', 'Story Rich', 'Superhero', 'Supernatural', 'Surreal', 'Survival', 'Survival Horror', 'Tabletop', 'Tactical', 'Tactical RPG', 'Tanks', 'Text-Based', 'Third Person', 'Thriller', 'Time Manipulation', 'Top-Down', 'Tower Defense', 'Trading', 'Trains', 'Transportation', 'Turn-Based', 'Twin Stick Shooter', 'Typing', 'Underground', 'Underwater', 'VR', 'Vampire', 'Vikings', 'Violent', 'Visual Novel', 'Walking Simulator', 'War', 'Werewolves', 'Western', 'World War I', 'World War II', 'Zombies'

You're welcome :P
Thanks a lot, my friend!
Much appreciated.
:)
BreOl72: Much appreciated.
I've used an older version of API dumps to generate the list, and it seems there are only 169 values... so maybe some more recent ones are missing? I'll share something more accurate this weekend.
BreOl72: To further enhance the ability to find exactly what we want, in the shortest time possible, a list of all available tags would be nice.
WinterSnowfall: '2D', '4X', 'Atmospheric', 'Auto Battler', 'Base Building', "Beat 'em up", 'Board Game', 'Bullet Hell', 'CRPG', 'Card Game', 'Cartoony', 'Casual', 'Cats', 'Choices Matter', 'Choose Your Own Adventure', 'City builder', 'Classic', 'Cooking', 'Crafting', 'Crime', 'Cyberpunk', 'Dark', 'Dark Comedy', 'Dating Sim', 'Deckbuilding', 'Difficult', 'Dinosaurs', 'Dog', 'Dungeon Crawler', 'Dystopian', 'Education', 'Emotional', 'Escape Room', 'Exploration', 'FMV', 'FPS', 'Family Friendly', 'Fantasy', 'Farming', 'Female Protagonist', 'Fighting', 'First-Person', 'Fishing', 'Flight', 'Football', 'Funny', 'Good Old Game', 'Gore', 'Grand Strategy', 'Great Soundtrack', 'Hack and Slash', 'Hentai', 'Hidden Object', 'Historical', 'Horror', 'Indie', 'Investigation', 'Isometric', 'JRPG', 'LGBTQ+', 'LevelEditor', 'LifeSim', 'Local Co-Op', 'Local Multiplayer', 'Logic', 'Looter Shooter', 'Lovecraftian', 'Magic', 'Management', 'Martial Arts', 'Match3', 'Mature', 'Medieval', 'Metroidvania', 'Military', 'Modern', 'Movie', 'Multiplayer', 'Multiple Endings', 'Mystery', 'Mythology', 'NSFW', 'Nature', 'Naval', 'Ninja', 'Noir', 'Nudity', 'Open World', 'Parody', 'Party Game', 'Perma Death', 'Philosophical', 'Physics', 'Pinball', 'Pirates', 'Pixel Graphics', 'Platformer', 'Point&Click', 'Politics', 'Post-apocalyptic', 'Procedural Generation', 'Psychological', 'Psychological Horror', 'Puzzle', 'Puzzle Platformer', 'RTS', 'Racing', 'Real-Time', 'Realistic', 'Relaxing', 'Remake', 'Resource Management', 'Rhythm', 'Robots', 'Roguelike', 'Roguelite', 'Romance', 'Sandbox', 'Sci-fi', 'Science', 'Sexual Content', "Shoot'EmUp", 'Shooter', 'Short', 'Simulation', 'Sniper', 'Soccer', 'Souls-like', 'Space', 'Split Screen', 'Sports', 'Stealth', 'Steampunk', 'Story Rich', 'Superhero', 'Supernatural', 'Surreal', 'Survival', 'Survival Horror', 'Tabletop', 'Tactical', 'Tactical RPG', 'Tanks', 'Text-Based', 'Third Person', 'Thriller', 'Time Manipulation', 'Top-Down', 'Tower Defense', 'Trading', 'Trains', 'Transportation', 'Turn-Based', 'Twin Stick Shooter', 'Typing', 'Underground', 'Underwater', 'VR', 'Vampire', 'Vikings', 'Violent', 'Visual Novel', 'Walking Simulator', 'War', 'Werewolves', 'Western', 'World War I', 'World War II', 'Zombies'

You're welcome :P
Thank you!
How did you get them so quickly?
Ueber: How did you get them so quickly?
As I was saying in the first post on this thread, they've been there for a while in the APIs/backend... just weren't exposed in the UI.
BreOl72: Here:
Thank you for the pointer. That one I did find, but that seems to be for searching.

mqstout: Right now it looks like it's only by searching the tags list. Only the prior short list of tags are visible. (Another thing for Adalia Fundamentalis to fix I guess...)
Cavalary: Should be, but probably too long for the current UI. May need to implement a pop up, in a modal, for it. So that'd be another suggestion.
That's what I meant. Something like that would be very sensible instead of having to guess through every possible permutation of what I want. What is this, King's Quest II?

Okay, having a look at it, anyways, there doesn't seem to be anything to objectively sort titles into era/source. No Dos, Amiga, NEO GEO, Arcade, Playstation, 8-/16bit, etc.

Also no tags related to technical aspects, i.e. DosBox, ScummVM, Wine, Open Source. I don't think there's any engine in there, either.

Then there's the thing about commitment to DRM-free and how we should be able to make an informed choice (as an aside, Cyberpunk still doesn't have a disclaimer). No tags for online, rewards, pre-order, bonus, cosmetics, DRM.

Also I haven't played the game, so maybe the tagging is entirely accurate, but now I'm curious how Super 3-D Noah's Ark managed to be tagged as 'Family Friendly' and 'Hentai'.

This is useless.
IronArcturus: Can we get "Roguelike" listed under Genres?
Eliminate genres, merge into tags. Genres are just higher order/higher importance tags.
WinterSnowfall: 'Cats',
'Dinosaurs',
'Dog',
Why is dog in singular form, when cats and dinosaurs are plural?
PixelBoy: Why is dog in singular form, when cats and dinosaurs are plural?
You're asking the real important questions here :P... dunno, but I noticed it too.

Also the absence of bears is troubling. Perhaps the (GOG)bears are hiding their true origins?
Post edited April 19, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
We will take a look at those that are tagged with something that clearly doesn't fit the game! :')
Obviously Family Friend AND Hentai don't go together well.
BreOl72: Much appreciated.
WinterSnowfall: I've used an older version of API dumps to generate the list, and it seems there are only 169 values... so maybe some more recent ones are missing? I'll share something more accurate this weekend.
Yeah, I noticed that, too. But I don't worry too much about that one missing tag. :)
Attachments:
Post edited April 19, 2022 by BreOl72
Yay, improvements!

On that matter, I didn't get to test it yet, but someone mentioned the filter search function uses the AND logic (shows all results that include each search parameter), but I think that, besides that logic, it'd be ideal to have option to use the OR logic too (shows all results with at least one of the search parameters).

edit: made the message clearer
Post edited April 19, 2022 by _Auster_
Alexim: There is some confusion between tags and genres; some are repeated in the two categories.
Well, you have to look at that some titles combine genres. I think it's a good idea that they label video games by genre and sub-genre. That way the search is more complete.

Now, I am happy to see that, at last, after so many years, the page is being updated (seriously). Improvements are always welcome. What worries me is that sometimes being able to access GOG is complicated or impossible. Sometimes the login button disappears, for example. Or the problems of new launches overpriced by up to 100$USD. Or the problems of the prices of video games purchased in their standard version with the possibility of acquiring the DLC's separately because the DeLuxe or Digital DeLuxe version is much more expensive. Or the problems when you buy something you already had. I once bought something I already had in my video game catalog. Just to mention some things that in my case I would love that little by little would be solved, please, GOG! Thanks!
Can we have these tags flashed over to the shelf end of things?

Also, are we sure that including purely subjective tags is a good idea? Because unless that soundtrack has a Grammy or BAFTA, I can't imagine everyone would agree.

You might think that Advent Rising has a great OST, while I might think it sounds like Resident Evil Dualshock Director's Cut.
Attachments:
Post edited April 19, 2022 by Darvond
Seriously thanks and glad you are still polishing it too.
WinterSnowfall: 'Cats',
'Dinosaurs',
'Dog',
PixelBoy: Why is dog in singular form, when cats and dinosaurs are plural?
It's for games that only have a single dog in them. If a game has more than one dog, then it wont get the tag. :)