It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As we promised, we keep improving ways to browse our game catalog, so that it can provide a smooth, and comfortable experience for exploration and finding new great games for you.

This time, we introduce 170 tags to help with more accurate browsing and filtering. You’re a fan of dungeon-crawlers? Maybe you’re looking for something family friendly? Or you’re in love with the pixel graphics, and you’d like to see something that boasts it?
All that and more, you can now browse after one click in the filter options in the catalog menu, or by clicking on the tag on the product page of a game.

Together with the ability to filter tags you’re interested in, we’re also introducing an option to exclude the tags you’d like to avoid seeing. You can do that, by clicking on the eye icon that appears when you hover over the specific tag in the filter menu.

We hope that this functionality will further improve the discoverability of the games, and help you find exactly what you want, in the shortest time possible.
Let us know how you like the new tag system in the comments, and send our way ideas for what new ones we could introduce in the future.
We’re always on the lookout for great ideas that can make your experience with GOG more enjoyable, and we’ll keep tinkering and working towards that goal, so stay tuned!
high rated
Improvements! applauds
high rated
One of the tags: Local Multiplayer

Thank you GOG.

Edit: I'd love to see hotseat too. Basically, something like "offline multiplayer" if you want to include both categories.
Post edited April 19, 2022 by Magnitus
OK, I will wait :)
Attachments:
violent.jpg (28 Kb)
Post edited May 24, 2022 by clarry
high rated
Oh, I've got one big suggestion - when we select multiple tags, the search results should show only games with all those tags. At the moment it shows games with at least one of the tags I chose.
Post edited April 19, 2022 by InkPanther
high rated
InkPanther: Oh, I've got one big suggestion - when we select multiple tags, the search results should show only games with all those tags. At the moment it shows games with at least one of the tags I chose.
The age-old "should this be and search or or search?" problem. This one should be an and for sure.

First one I checked: "local co-op" exists. Should probably be "local multiplayer" as suggested above, but definitely an important tag.

GOG: Please either add a "show only owned" in the game catalog, or add ability to filter by the new tags to our library. This will be great for, "I'm in the mood for X, what should I install from those I already own?" (And no, not 'just' in Galaxy.)

Thanks for this addition!
Post edited April 19, 2022 by mqstout
high rated
We hope you enjoy the update!
InkPanther: Oh, I've got one big suggestion - when we select multiple tags, the search results should show only games with all those tags. At the moment it shows games with at least one of the tags I chose.
Thank you for the suggestion, I will forward it :)
GOG.com: STORE UPDATE: 170 NEW TAGS TO HELP YOU WITH MORE ACCURATE CATALOG BROWSING AND FILTERING
Nice.
Yeah, ideally should be an option there, user-selectable AND or OR, but if that can't be done, or at least not yet, then it should definitely go with AND. If you want OR, you can select each and search separately, though it'll be tedious if you look for a larger number, but if you want AND, there's no way to do it unless the parameter is added by the system.

As for other suggestions, first one: OS versions back please.
Maybe I'm just blind, but where are the tags? Shouldn't there be a list somewhere?
lolplatypus: Maybe I'm just blind, but where are the tags? Shouldn't there be a list somewhere?
Here:
Attachments:
tags.jpg (34 Kb)
tags2.jpg (16 Kb)
Post edited April 19, 2022 by BreOl72
lolplatypus: Maybe I'm just blind, but where are the tags? Shouldn't there be a list somewhere?
Right now it looks like it's only by searching the tags list. Only the prior short list of tags are visible. (Another thing for Adalia Fundamentalis to fix I guess...)

GOG: The news-post uses "non-violent" as an example, but that's not a tag from what I can tell.
Post edited April 19, 2022 by mqstout
Should be, but probably too long for the current UI. May need to implement a pop up, in a modal, for it. So that'd be another suggestion.
GOG: What's the best way to update tags? I'm sure this is going to be a monumental uptaking as we go on, even to catch up with already-existing community list.