It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eisberg77: That is because you believed a lie, hook line and sinker without even verifying it yourself. he is no moderator

Satoru is not a moderator. If he was, he would be in Orange on Steam forums, in which he is not.
AB2012: I did verify it myself. See him here (with same avatar as in your link as of 25th Feb 2019), locking a thread (as only Moderators can do) with a nice orange coloured name and that 5 pointed star to the right of his name (which if you hover your mouse over says "Moderator"):-
https://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/3247562523089319657/?ctp=8#c1796278072844476594

The reason he's showing up white in some forums is because they're the ones he doesn't moderate in. Obviously if you cherry pick one post from those (as you have), you can make him look like a normal user. However, he is a Moderator on others with a post history of 56,046 entries spread over 2,803 pages. Want two more of many other examples?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/1796278072841822729/?ctp=2#c1841314700696055575

https://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/1796278072833116531/#c1796278072833372228

So, that guy who spends his time posting "Steam's DRM is not DRM" in every topic about DRM on GOG forums is indeed a verified Steam Moderator, so you might want to edit those "alternative fact" posts of yours where you call everyone else a "liar" - for speaking the truth... ;-)
Come back when you can manage to hold your tongue for a grand total of five minutes. Trust me, it's going to be an improvement.
high rated
satoru: *sigh* you really dont actually understand anything do you

1) Steam is not DRM , if it was then it would be functionally impossible to make DRM free games on steam
2) Steamworks is not DRM. If t was DRM it would be impossible for Larian to make their steam games 100% DRM free
3) you can integrate literally every steamworks feature and be 100% drm free as proven by Larian Studios games.
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/drm

If I go to a brick and mortar store, purchase a game, come home, put game in computer and computer says "you need Steam to play this game", pretty sure that is the very definition of DRM.

Just because developers have the option of making their game DRM-free AND selling their DRM-free game on Steam, doesn't mean Valve / Steam gets credit for that. That was the developer's choice and how they made the game. Valve had nothing to do with that other than getting their obligatory cut to hire a bunch of website designers to make a store page for it.
low rated
AB2012: I did verify it myself. See him here (with same avatar as in your link as of 25th Feb 2019), locking a thread (as only Moderators can do) with a nice orange coloured name and that 5 pointed star to the right of his name (which if you hover your mouse over says "Moderator"):-
https://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/3247562523089319657/?ctp=8#c1796278072844476594

The reason he's showing up white in some forums is because they're the ones he doesn't moderate in. Obviously if you cherry pick one post from those (as you have), you can make him look like a normal user. However, he is a Moderator on others with a post history of 56,046 entries spread over 2,803 pages. Want two more of many other examples?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/392110/discussions/0/1796278072841822729/?ctp=2#c1841314700696055575

https://steamcommunity.com/app/262060/discussions/0/1796278072833116531/#c1796278072833372228

So, that guy who spends his time posting "Steam's DRM is not DRM" in every topic about DRM on GOG forums is indeed a verified Steam Moderator, so you might want to edit those "alternative fact" posts of yours where you call everyone else a "liar" - for speaking the truth... ;-)
PookaMustard: Come back when you can manage to hold your tongue for a grand total of five minutes. Trust me, it's going to be an improvement.
same goes to you when you can act in a civil fashion without feeling to take this condescending/ uncalled tone.

Act like an asshole- be treated like an asshole. Or alternatively you can try and be the bigger person.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by Zetikla
Zetikla: same goes to you when you can act in a civil fashion without feeling to take this condescending/ uncalled tone.

Act like an asshole- be treated like an asshole.
I'm not even sure where's the part where I treated you like a child who hit his head on the wall one too many times. I am certain you were the one who started to call me names for no reason other than reiterating the debunked lie that Satoru is not a Steam Moderator.

You talk about civil fashion, yet you harbor absolutely none of it. The door is right there. Kindly take your arguments, leave, and save face.
low rated
Zetikla: same goes to you when you can act in a civil fashion without feeling to take this condescending/ uncalled tone.

Act like an asshole- be treated like an asshole.
PookaMustard: I'm not even sure where's the part where I treated you like a child who hit his head on the wall one too many times. I am certain you were the one who started to call me names for no reason other than reiterating the debunked lie that Satoru is not a Steam Moderator.

You talk about civil fashion, yet you harbor absolutely none of it. The door is right there. Kindly take your arguments, leave, and save face.
whatever you say , im not the only getting into yelling contests over pointless stuff.

I was talking about the part where you accused satoru of being a mod and whatsnot even though it was clarified he wasnt

Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing
Post edited February 28, 2019 by Zetikla
Zetikla: whatever you say , im not the only getting into yelling contests over pointless stuff.
Nobody's forcing you to stay, dammit.

Zetikla: I was talking about the part where you accused satoru of being a mod and whatsnot even though it was clarified he wasnt
I literally QUOTED the part with proof that he is a moderator!

eisberg77: That is because you believed a lie, hook line and sinker without even verifying it yourself. he is no moderator

Satoru is not a moderator. If he was, he would be in Orange on Steam forums, in which he is not.

Zetikla: Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing
Which you don't have, unfortunately.
low rated
Zetikla: whatever you say , im not the only getting into yelling contests over pointless stuff.
PookaMustard: Nobody's forcing you to stay, dammit.

Zetikla: I was talking about the part where you accused satoru of being a mod and whatsnot even though it was clarified he wasnt
PookaMustard: I literally QUOTED the part with proof that he is a moderator!

PookaMustard:
Zetikla: Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing
PookaMustard: Which you don't have, unfortunately.
Whatever helps you sleep at night ;)
high rated
ShroomBomba: If I go to a brick and mortar store, purchase a game, come home, put game in computer and computer says "you need Steam to play this game", pretty sure that is the very definition of DRM.
Oh gee, this exactly happened when i had Skyrim... Had to install steam. Had to register the key. 99% of the data was on the disc. And it refuses to run if steam isn't activated in the background.

And This is why i get the cracked version(s) to avoid this shit. It's also why when i DO get on steam and download a game just to test if it's DRM (by deleting the steam.exe file), i give a big fat downvote and never touch the game again.

Too bad, some of them looked promising.
high rated
ShroomBomba: If I go to a brick and mortar store, purchase a game, come home, put game in computer and computer says "you need Steam to play this game", pretty sure that is the very definition of DRM.
rtcvb32: Oh gee, this exactly happened when i had Skyrim... Had to install steam. Had to register the key. 99% of the data was on the disc. And it refuses to run if steam isn't activated in the background.

And This is why i get the cracked version(s) to avoid this shit. It's also why when i DO get on steam and download a game just to test if it's DRM (by deleting the steam.exe file), i give a big fat downvote and never touch the game again.

Too bad, some of them looked promising.
Yeah, in all honesty I had never even known what Steam was until about 6 or 7 years ago buying a game in an actual store and being required to install it to play the game. That's even after playing PC and console games for years lol

Totally caught me off guard and was super irritating at the time to know I needed their program to play a game purchased legit.

Even now, the games that are "DRM-free" on Steam you can't install them without first installing the client itself. That's not truly DRM-free because you still have to go through some third party software to get to the actual game you paid for. Whether you bought it on their store or not, that's the worst part.

Some people have a different definition of "DRM-free". Mine is that once the game has been purchased, it doesn't matter what company comes or goes, I still have access to it. They can say whatever they want, it probably won't happen any time soon, but if Steam goes belly up, does anybody actually buy the crap their shoveling that they are gonna patch 25,000 games? Give me a break! They won't even fix the simplest of things broken for years on the platform let alone give a crap about what people are gonna do after they are gone. Gabe will be on a beach in the Bahamas sipping Pina Coladas!

That's why I love and will always do my best to give my cash to GOG, it feels like you actually own it, whereas on Steam it feels more like you are just renting it.
low rated
ShroomBomba: Some people have a different definition of "DRM-free". Mine is that once the game has been purchased, it doesn't matter what company comes or goes, I still have access to it.
That's strange because then the game downloaded from Steam (The ones that *are* DRM-free of course) fits your definition of DRM-Free. You may not *want* to use a client to download it, but that doesn't make it DRM. Then again, your definition doesn't even account for the download which means even on GOG after purchase you lose your game if you didn't download it first.
They won't even fix the simplest of things broken for years on the platform
What are these simplest things?
Post edited February 28, 2019 by Pheace
high rated
satoru: *sigh*
Final response to "I work for Steam" troll. The main reason 95% of games on Steam have DRM by default is because Steam openly encourages them to add it on the developer portal by default and only a small few actively think about opting-out against Steam's recommendation. If you really want to encourage devs to not use DRM by default, then the first obvious thing is to encourage Steam to stop encouraging them to use it by default on the Steamworks portal & related documentation pages, plus getting them to clearly label DRM-Free game as Humble do. But you simply don't want to hear anything that makes Steam look even part responsible for default usage of Steam's DRM purely out of personal bias - you are a Steam Moderator, and that you never disclose such obvious "conflict of interest" whilst trolling your heart out on GOG forums complete with shit-posting elsewhere such as "I expect GOG to come out with a new EULA that removed section 17.3" (aka 'GOG will soon remove the ability to play games offline') and "GOG can retroactively stop you playing games you've already downloaded", means pretty much anything you say, have said or have yet to say has absolute zero value or integrity.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by AB2012
satoru: snip
Steam is DRM.

BTW now I know why so many steam moderators are useless.
becasue they are sitting here hehe
Maybe GOG could try offering older games no longer offered on Steam?
low rated
satoru: snip
Sebatrox: Steam is DRM.

BTW now I know why so many steam moderators are useless.
becasue they are sitting here hehe
And again no

Steamworks has literally ONE function, CEG that operates as DRM

Something that literally 99% of developers dont use. Ergo 99% of games on Steam could easily be DRM free since again NO ONE uses CEG.

And again if Steam was "DRM" how is it magically possible that Larian makes literally all their games DRM free

Its sort of amusing people glomp on to one article, without looking at the context of what it is, and then ignore literally everything else too to keep insisting "Steam is DRM". WHen there is plenty of counter evidence.
Post edited February 28, 2019 by satoru
moobot83: the more of you who buy games on steam, the longer DRM will continue, you DO NOT buy your games on steam you pay triple A prices (unless sale) to rent your games, thats right you dnt own your games cos steam games are not DRM free like GOG is, yes GOG has a client but you dnt need it to play games, where as with steam you have to have the client installed to play 98% of games ofc there are a few wehre u dnt need the steam client but you have to modify the install files.

its time to stop supporting steam,orgin etc and all these other DRM clients, i do not count battle net in this cos they only host there own games unlike steam or origin so its more of a convieniance than actual DRM
Attachments: