It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SirEyeball: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/0OYc7/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection is drawn in 2 hours I had no rules and 21 entries so far and 21 comments
Let's break that record then, shall we?
Jonni: Is it sillier than holding entering a giveaway hostage to a "thank you" -message?
When someone organizes a birthday giveaway and says "please leave a message", I find it silly not to say anything. I don't think it's kick-worthy on first offense, though.
liquidsnakehpks: hmm as expected rule 10 and leaving a message is causing a lot of problems i see , anyways i have contacted sg support to see if we can actually have such rules in giveaways , just make sure everything is legit

I am talking with other admins/mods on easing up a bit on not leaving a comment rule"till a decision is reached please do not have that rule for now "
-exsiting giveaways please ignore that rule for now , you wont believe the no of complaints i have got on it .

also i need feedback from members on this issue
"kick for not commenting or screw that rule ?"
I believe that the issue comes down to this:

The GOG community is great. Everyone here gnereally agrees on that.
Some people take advantage of the generousity of these people and don't give back.

Rather than require a comment, since there are strong opposing feelings of it... Maybe change terms of being a part of the GOG Gifts Group. For instance, if you enter a giveaway, you have to have had a giveaway in the past 6 months. After that, you cannot enter giveaways until you give a game. (I've done giveaways w/o spending any money, without using bundle keys. If you need help getting games for free, let me know)

If you chose that rule, it would enforce that people are giving back. Now, I'd make sure that the rule is only applied to those entering giveaways, not all members. People like myself disappear for a few months then reappear and are active again.

That's my 2 cents. :)
SirEyeball: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/0OYc7/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection is drawn in 2 hours I had no rules and 21 entries so far and 21 comments
P1na: Let's break that record then, shall we?
LOL
that made it 20 entries 21 comments
Post edited June 14, 2013 by SirEyeball
SirEyeball: LOL
I know, I'm an ass.
SirEyeball: that made it 20 entries 21 comments
I noticed. How did that happen? Did I kick two people out without even realizing?
Post edited June 14, 2013 by P1na
And one more thing - I had some giveaways where winner didn't say a single world, neither in comments nor via e-mail. I don't how you look at it, but I find it extremely rude to not say at least simple "thanks" (and I don't think that cultural differences have anything to do with this. :P)
Post edited June 14, 2013 by triock
Jonni: Is it sillier than holding entering a giveaway hostage to a "thank you" -message?
Is calling "hold a giveaway hostage" sillier than calling it "respecting the wishes of the man/woman giving away free stuff"?

I at least don't see how is it so different from people who make custom rules in the GOG forum giveaways. I remember a long time ago some people criticizing forum GOG giveaways having rep requirements. Are we having that discussion again?

Also, darknath's post shows that the group admins are on the right track regarding abusive custom rules (monetary/trading related ones).
triock: And one more thing - I had some giveaways where winner didn't say a single world, neither in comments nor via e-mail. I don't how you look at it, but I find it extremely rude to not say at least simple "thanks" (and I don't think that cultural differences has anything to do with this. :P)
Yep, that's a big one. Not saying anything when you're just entering is understandable, to me at least. But not saying anything when you won? Shame!
DarkoD13: When someone organizes a birthday giveaway and says "please leave a message", I find it silly not to say anything. I don't think it's kick-worthy on first offense, though.
Personally, I'd much rather people leave a thank you or +1 by their own accord.
retsuseiba: Is calling "hold a giveaway hostage" sillier than calling it "respecting the wishes of the man/woman giving away free stuff"?
I don't understand your point. How does changing the wording relate to how trusted/not trusted the GOG member is?
Post edited June 14, 2013 by Jonni
Braussie: Rather than require a comment, since there are strong opposing feelings of it... Maybe change terms of being a part of the GOG Gifts Group. For instance, if you enter a giveaway, you have to have had a giveaway in the past 6 months. After that, you cannot enter giveaways until you give a game. (I've done giveaways w/o spending any money, without using bundle keys. If you need help getting games for free, let me know)

If you chose that rule, it would enforce that people are giving back. Now, I'd make sure that the rule is only applied to those entering giveaways, not all members. People like myself disappear for a few months then reappear and are active again.
I don't like this kind of group. When I gift someone, I don't want him to give me something back. For me groups with this kind of rules made some trades, not some gifts.
It's good when someone want to gift something back to the community, but it must gone from heart, not from a rule.
I had a bad habit of not commenting on steamgifts giveaways, so I apologize if that upset anyone. I really didn't think about it, aside from being one of those people who doesn't see much of a point in a blanket "thanks" whenever I enter something. I do make a point of thanking people when I do win something (I'm not that big of an ass), and I've made a point of commenting on giveaways once the issue with not commenting was brought to light. I stopped entering GOG giveaways for things I was lukewarm about some time ago, because I didn't want to "cheat" anyone who might REALLY enjoy a certain game out of an opportunity.

I guess what I'm saying is that overall this is the best, most generous community I've encountered, so I would hope that we don't spend too much time fighting over stuff that shouldn't be so important. Let's not over think this.
Woah just as i suspected a lot of pent up pressure existed due to the rules i see , let it all out when the pain is replaced with some calm minds , we will all decide on something thats productive for the group's health

As of now , my ticket with steam gift support is still pending , i bet they are confused as well :D

personally im not in favor of give a game to enter a game giveaway , the ideal of this group from the start was to provide a means for the joyful people of gog to have fun with steamgifts giveaways with a better chance than public giveaways....damn scammers ruined that ......

I would love it if everyone , poor , rich , x rep , y cv had a equal chance to enter the group giveaways personally and showed some gratitude towards the generous gifters but we saw thats not possible....even with rules...
Post edited June 14, 2013 by liquidsnakehpks
Jonni: I don't understand your point. How does changing the wording relate to how trusted/not trusted the GOG member is?
Trusted GOG members are more likely to respect the rules set by the GA maker, regardless of how they feel about such rule.
Braussie: Rather than require a comment, since there are strong opposing feelings of it... Maybe change terms of being a part of the GOG Gifts Group. For instance, if you enter a giveaway, you have to have had a giveaway in the past 6 months. After that, you cannot enter giveaways until you give a game. (I've done giveaways w/o spending any money, without using bundle keys. If you need help getting games for free, let me know)

benderz: I don't like this kind of group. When I gift someone, I don't want him to give me something back. For me groups with this kind of rules made some trades, not some gifts.
It's good when someone want to gift something back to the community, but it must gone from heart, not from a rule.
+1 I totally agree I feel the same about gifts. Is a gift with rules really a gift or a contract? Do this and you may win this? I don't mind that others attach rules to their gifts I would just never do so.
ok here is some stats for those math people of the group, before enforcing giveaway rules set by the gifters

we had 13 pages of only new members with a rare legit scammer kicked out once or twice which looks like this
http://postimg.org/image/rwd3643kn/

After we started enforcing each giveaway rules the last 4 pages look like this
http://s3.postimg.org/4ghr3z4xv/after.jpg

I started the feedback on the rules because at this rate the group will not have much members left

so i request you members to decide on something that will be a peaceful yet sensible decision for the group's sake.

This is the gog group we must look forward to it being alive for a long long time with joyful members and happy gifters
Post edited June 14, 2013 by liquidsnakehpks