It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

benderz: because of the fucking scammer of last year
DarkoD13: Just a correction, we had a very active scammer up until 2 months ago.
Never heard of him, I will check the forum. Thanks to letting me know !
Post edited June 14, 2013 by benderz
DarkoD13: Hey, how do you know my real name? Stalker alert!
That's what happens when you don't have private profiles. Rethink your priorities next time
hmm as expected rule 10 and leaving a message is causing a lot of problems i see , anyways i have contacted sg support to see if we can actually have such rules in giveaways , just make sure everything is legit

I am talking with other admins/mods on easing up a bit on not leaving a comment rule"till a decision is reached please do not have that rule for now "
-exsiting giveaways please ignore that rule for now , you wont believe the no of complaints i have got on it .

also i need feedback from members on this issue
"kick for not commenting or screw that rule ?"
liquidsnakehpks: hmm as expected rule 10 and leaving a message is causing a lot of problems i see , anyways i have contacted sg support to see if we can actually have such rules in giveaways , just make sure everything is legit

I am talking with other admins/mods on easing up a bit on not leaving a comment rule"till a decision is reached please do not have that rule for now "
-exsiting giveaways please ignore that rule for now , you wont believe the no of complaints i have got on it .

For me it's down to the individual gifter.
If they request a comment, it's just rude not to leave one.
If they don't, I would be upset if I got kicked for not leaving one.
liquidsnakehpks: hmm as expected rule 10 and leaving a message is causing a lot of problems i see , anyways i have contacted sg support to see if we can actually have such rules in giveaways , just make sure everything is legit

I really do not care about the rule I would rather have a sincere comment than a forced one.
SirEyeball: I really do not care
Not to be rude, but I think this is the biggest problem of this group - people do not care.
benderz: tl;dr : I'm OK with the policy of rules on giveaway, and I accept it. But I'm afraid that can destroy the group.

Jonni: This has really soured the club as well as GOG as a whole for me. It used to be a great community I felt like I belonged to, but that is no longer the case. I understand the need for policing to root out scammers and such, but enforcing rules like this and publically embarassing forum members just seems too harsh to me.

I wish you all the best. Hopefully the club's still a good experience for all of you.
benderz: Every time I had to check with Jonni, everything goes fine, he's a trusted member. And today I'm very agreed with him. I never had problems on GOG, or the group, and yes, I understand the need of rules because of the fucking scammer of last year. But all of those too many giveaway rules break the fun and the good feeling between us. I'm afraid, but I think too much rules on giveaway will create an elitist group and finally disappear when everybody leaves or get banned.

I'm OK with the giver if he want to put some little rules, but sometimes it's too serious. A rule for leave a message ? Personally I'm better with only 2 sincere comments than 20 hypocrite comments. But it's personally, and as I said I'm OK with that if the giver want that. I just try to explain sometimes rules too serious can be misunderstandable.

We are a great community with very high heartily people. Try to keep it and have fun together !
I'm agree here.
I made a LOT of giveaway ONLY for GOG memers, and I appreciate when someone leave a comment.
But putting those stupid rules like "Say something"...it's just stupid.
Do you want to give away something to trusted GOG members? Put a decent contributor value on your giveaway, problem solved.
Or if you are going to give away a pack, put the rule "You must not own any of the game of this pack, or at least one".

I never had a problem with the group, but recently it's like "I'm giving you something, you MUST follow my rules if you want it".
And I don't like it.EDIT: By the way, I ALWAYS leave a comment on the GOG giveaway, even if it's not a "rule". Just to be precise.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by Punished_Snake
I don't care if the rule is there or not was my point I do think the reason people get upset is that they do care
Rodzaju: For me it's down to the individual gifter.
If they request a comment, it's just rude not to leave one.
If they don't, I would be upset if I got kicked for not leaving one.
That.

And for the record, I never read any comment on SG, including any possible thank you messages. I just checked my latest one, and there was nobody I recognized anyway (excluding the admin up there, who kindly offered to play with me yet failed to win the game). If anything, it would be ideal to have been able to gift that game to the people who was chatting on the thread and that I could link a personality to, but this is the way SG works and I deal with that. That's one reason why I don't do many SG giveaways, too.
Please keep the feedback coming on this , the integrity and joy of the group is important we cant have people firing cannons on each other on one rule "leave a message"

we are all jolly members of Good Old Games
Punished_Snake: Do you want to give away something to trusted GOG MEmbers? Put a decent contributor value on your giveaway, problem solved.
I'm sorry, Boss, but that's silly. CV doesn't mean that someone has contributed anything to this particular group or that he's a trusted GOG member.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by DarkoD13
DarkoD13: Nah, too creative for me. Copy/paste should suffice.
You have at least 12 games that fulfill the "Have H, not have E" rule in your library. I can think of at least 4 more.
Hm, would be an interesting concept for a giveaway, but would require an active forum. Let me think on it and go look for a suitable prize.
DarkoD13: I'm sorry, Boss, but that's silly.
Is it sillier than holding entering a giveaway hostage to a "thank you" -message?
http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/0OYc7/sword-of-the-stars-complete-collection is drawn in 2 hours I had no rules and 21 entries so far and 21 comments
Punished_Snake: Do you want to give away something to trusted GOG MEmbers? Put a decent contributor value on your giveaway, problem solved.
DarkoD13: I'm sorry, Boss, but that's silly. CV doesn't mean that someone has contributed anything to this particular group or that he's a trusted GOG member.
I mean, you can put, for example, a contributor value of 20$ with the rule "You must have given away at least 20$ of games on GOG Group".