It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i assume you already added shadow over the vatican ? parts 1 and 2 are released: 5.99 euro each
i tried the 1st part at sales, and i liked it
so i took a gamble to buy p2 at listprice and voila: after downloading the game on old win xp, installing the game.
Exit win XP and reboot to start win7 the game part 2 also ran.
I hope they will not add drm cause then i will not buy part 3 and 4 cause i hate drm.

Lost Chronicles of Zerzura : DRM free (run on any windows (if the game supports that windows ofcourse)
after you download it and install using steam client.

i think more indies and casualgame developers should do that, this way more money will flow :D
cause you be getting cash from the drm haters and drm lovers.
Djaron: In the steam version of Darkest DUngeon, I found a folder named "_windowsnosteam"... I dont know if this folder existed during early access state, i only got the steam version in november, and purchased it again here on GOG as soon as it was available without DRM...
I can confirmed and has been tested after Steam client acting weird recently (almost all my steam game i installed crashes within 10 minutes but non-steam game likes GOG's worked fine).

Thank you and +1! :)
Avalanche 2: Super Avalanche from the April 2016 monthly bundle.

The windows version works without steam as tested in wine.
Does anybody know if Lucius 2 is running wirhout steam?
Okay, we're all updated again, as far as I can tell. :D
pedrovay2003: Okay, we're all updated again, as far as I can tell. :D
Nice, a new but similar avatar :)

I have one great new addition to your list.

Lucius 2

is running without steam. You can even still change the language in game. This game is so far only available on steam and it was just in a recent bundle for 3.50$. GOG so far only has part 1 of the game so I am really happy that this is also runnable without steam.

Tested on W7/64
Enter the Gungeon works without steam i think
Post edited April 15, 2016 by xXprognomeXx
Enter the Gungeon (rename/delete steam_api.dll*)
Slain!

Tested on Windows 7.

*This method may work with other Unity engine games like Sheltered, Subterrain and Moon Hunters, but I haven't tested these games yet.
Post edited April 15, 2016 by DCG83
Does someone know if Victor Vran for Windows is DRM free on Steam?
This is still giving money to devs releasing only on steam and condoning their behaviour, all the while being subject to fuckery with versions (see above) and still not knowing if the game does indeed need steam at some point during the game because of steamworks calls to overlays (achievement list etc). Frankly, in my opinion, this whole operation is stupid. Even if you just want to copy all your steam games in hope you can salvage some of them, you could, as said, copy just all of them and determine if they work later when you have to, not now.
AlienMind: This is still giving money to devs releasing only on steam and condoning their behaviour, all the while being subject to fuckery with versions (see above) and still not knowing if the game does indeed need steam at some point during the game because of steamworks calls to overlays (achievement list etc). Frankly, in my opinion, this whole operation is stupid. Even if you just want to copy all your steam games in hope you can salvage some of them, you could, as said, copy just all of them and determine if they work later when you have to, not now.
You seem to have misunderstood the purpose of this thread. Sometimes people get steam games in a bundle and some other games are simply only available on steam. So you might want to know before you pay for it if this would be one of the games requiring steam after you downloaded the game or not. If you don't want to buy any game on steam that is fine but please also accept the people who won't have a problem buying on steam as long as they are not forced to have the client installed after they have downloaded the game. However this thread is made for those that don't own the games mentioned here and not the ones who already own them so just copying them won't work because they'd have to buy them first.
AlienMind: This is still giving money to devs releasing only on steam and condoning their behaviour,
it's not at all if GOG really care to release all the games here, that is submitted to GOG. One day when GOG ends up with games being released here on Day one, and not a week before it's given away on a bundle, this thread won't be necessary.
all the while being subject to fuckery with versions (see above) and still not knowing if the game does indeed need steam at some point during the game because of steamworks calls to overlays (achievement list etc).
If most games on Steam can be fooled to run without Legit steam.
MarkoH01: Nice, a new but similar avatar :)
Heh, yup. I'm never clean-shaven, so I figured I'd fix that. :-P

I'll be adding Lucius 2 later today; I've been having internet issues, so apologies for the delay. Can anyone confirm Enter the Gungeon?

As far as why we keep this list, most of us still prefer to buy on GOG; the list is here for people who like the Steam client but still prefer DRM-free games, games that are only available on Steam, etc. It's just informational for those who want it. :-)
Just updated the wiki after getting Unstoppable Gorg on Steam.

It's DRM free on windows but not drm-free on mac, as it creates an unexpected quit when launched directly. This makes a DRM-free mac version of Unstoppable Gorg non-existent unfortunately.

However, it's available for free on the App Store, so people shouldn't have a big issue with it, until it disappears from there too :) But then we have VMs and CrossOver to take us there :D

All the best,
Vaya
Post edited April 24, 2016 by Vyazhan
AlienMind: This is still giving money to devs releasing only on steam and condoning their behaviour, all the while being subject to fuckery with versions (see above) and still not knowing if the game does indeed need steam at some point during the game because of steamworks calls to overlays (achievement list etc). Frankly, in my opinion, this whole operation is stupid. Even if you just want to copy all your steam games in hope you can salvage some of them, you could, as said, copy just all of them and determine if they work later when you have to, not now.
Steam is not DRM. Buying games that are DRM free on Steam is rewarding devs that release their games DRM free on steam. I completely understand why a Dev would want to develop only for steam - Steam makes it easy. I'm also thankful for a dev that wants to develop on steam only, but still releases DRM free. I'll reward that.

This thread allows me to know which games on Steam are in fact DRM free before I buy them.

I also completely understand why someone may choose to not purchase anything from steam. I choose not to call them or their decision stupid.
Post edited April 25, 2016 by hummer010