It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

muntdefems: · Figment (needs the 'steam_appid.txt trick' - 493540)
Careful! Was thinking so myself when I tried the windows release. Unfortunately however at least on windows the game won't save checkpoints at all.
MarkoH01: Careful! Was thinking so myself when I tried the windows release. Unfortunately however at least on windows the game won't save checkpoints at all.
Hmmm... Can't remember whether I carefully checked that or not. Will try it later today and report back.

Thanks for the heads up!
MarkoH01: Careful! Was thinking so myself when I tried the windows release. Unfortunately however at least on windows the game won't save checkpoints at all.
I'm afraid this is also the case for the Linux build. There's no option to save the game, and if you go back to the main menu you won't find any option to continue, only to start a new game. :\

On the other hand, and according to HLTB, the game seems beatable in a single sitting.
Even after exiting Early Access, Crosscode is still playable without the Steam client. Tested on Windows 10.
At the moment fanatical has two pretty cheap bundles on sale - consitsting out of several point and clicks and a few HOGs. I don't plan to keep the HOGs but I tested the point and click and can say:

Chronicles of Mystery: The Tree of Life
The Art of Murder: Hunt for the Pupeteer
The Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny

All are runnable without Steam right out of the box.

(Unfortunately I was not able at all (not even by using third party tools) to get the remaining point anbd click games Art of Murder: FBI Confidential and Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual to run without Steam though).

Still we are talking about 3 DRM-free point and click for not much more than $2 - and some HOGs which may or may not be runnable without Steam as well - so in case anybody is interested, these are the bundles I was referring to:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-murder-bundle
https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/dollar-chronicles-bundle

(Thanks to supplementscene for letting me know about these)
Post edited September 27, 2018 by MarkoH01
I can confirm that the Windows version of International Snooker and Nihilumbra both work without the Steam client (both out of the box and after deleting steam_api.dll files). I haven't tested Linux but Nihilumbra is already listed as also working for that.
Okay, we're all updated again! As always, thanks for the effort from everyone! :D
pedrovay2003: Okay, we're all updated again! As always, thanks for the effort from everyone! :D
Damn! I saw you were editing the wiki page so I hurried up to do a couple of pending tests before you finished but I was obviously too slow. :P

Here they are, anyway (if I don't make any comment it means that the game worked out of the box):

Linux games not currently on the Wiki

· Hidden Folks

· Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths

· Warhammer 40,000: Regicide: couldn't get it to work with Wine, but I did get it working natively on Linux with a Unity v4.7.2f1 runtime plus the Steamworks libraries

· Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge

· Wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant: apparently the Gold version is not available for Linux, so what I tested was the DOS release

Windows games not currently on the Wiki (tested on Wine as Windows 7)

· The Sexy Brutale: it starts and works OK, but it doesn't seem to be able to save the game

· Tender Loving Care

Games already on the Wiki and confirmed for Linux

· 7th Guest

· Absolute Drift: the most recent build does need the Steam client, but the version available when Teppic reported the game back in June 2016 (that of September 15 2015, with ManifestID=8352446086366803742), does not

· Songbringer

· Tadpole Treble: needs the 'steam_appid.txt trick' (354400)
Post edited September 30, 2018 by muntdefems
Oh, by the way: the other day I let my OCD tendencies get ahold of me and started editing the wiki page myself. Mainly properly sorting alphabetically the games, updating some OS availabilities, and such. I only did the smaller tables and the biggest one up to 'B'. I posted a note in the Talk page to see if the regular editors were OK with it, but nobody has replied yet, so I'll take that as a "go on". :P

Unless he wants me to do it myself, I'll let pedrovay2003 in charge of adding the reports posted in here, though.

And, since we learnt that steamCMD can retrieve old builds of games, I think we should discuss what to do with those cases in which an old build is DRM-free, but the most recent one is not (like e.g. Absolute Drift, which I reported above). Should we add them to the wiki page? If so, we should note the exact build that doesn't require the client in order to work. Maybe a new table would be in order for those cases? What do you all think?
This hasn't been added to the wiki yet.
DCG83: This hasn't been added to the wiki yet.
Ah, I guess I missed that one. I'll be sure to add it with the next update.
pedrovay2003: Ah, I guess I missed that one. I'll be sure to add it with the next update.
Also these:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/steam_games_you_can_play_without_the_steam_client/post989
I'm unable to get Oxenfree working with the steam_appid.txt trick. It's possible that it's been patched to require Steam in the time since it was added to the list.

I might be doing something wrong though. Can anyone else confirm?
Post edited October 16, 2018 by Makaque
Makaque: I'm unable to get Oxenfree working with the steam_appid.txt trick. It's possible that it's been patched to require Steam in the time since it was added to the list.

It was updated a couple of weeks ago, so it's possible that it isn't DRM-free anymore. :\

A couple of reports:

Linux games not currently on the Wiki

· iO: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick' (324070)

· Pig Eat Ball

Games already on the Wiki and confirmed on Linux

· LISA

· Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight: It needs version 3 of the 32bit libcurl library

· OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood: Works fine without the client, but it takes a long time (10-15s) to start up because it first tries to connect to Steam

· Tales of Maj'Eyal: Contrary to the current Windows report on the Wiki, The Ashes of Urh'Rok DLC was recognized, and no "oddities" (whatever they might be) occurred on Linux

Windows games not currently on the Wiki (and tested with Wine set as Windows 7)

· Iron Storm

· Old Man's Journey: I've been able to complete it, but the in-game MP4 videos aren't displayed

· Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf (also playable natively on Linux with a Unity v4.1.3f3 runtime)

· Space Trader: Merchant Marine

Finally, a comment regarding Figment:

muntdefems: I'm afraid this is also the case for the Linux build. There's no option to save the game, and if you go back to the main menu you won't find any option to continue, only to start a new game. :\

On the other hand, and according to HLTB, the game seems beatable in a single sitting.
It doesn't matter anymore, as after the latest update (v1.1.8) the game now requires the client to run. :(
Makaque: I'm unable to get Oxenfree working with the steam_appid.txt trick. It's possible that it's been patched to require Steam in the time since it was added to the list.

muntdefems: It was updated a couple of weeks ago, so it's possible that it isn't DRM-free anymore. :\
I've just re-downloaded it and it worked fine, at least on Linux. Make sure you do as explained here.