It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A bridge across galaxies.

There has been an awakening... have you felt it? STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), the critically acclaimed shooter of massively entertaining warfare, has received a critical update. Powered by GOG Galaxy, the multiplayer function of the game has now been restored AND with added Crossplay support between GOG Galaxy and Steam to boot.

This long-awaited feature finally brings the entire STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II community together, no matter which part of the galaxy you come from, so go ahead and jump into the fray.

If you haven't experienced it yet, now's an excellent time to get STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), either on its own or as part of the STAR WARS Saber Bundle. Don't forget to check out the rest of our Force-sensitive deals too, all part of our big Disney Completion Sale.
I bought this game specifically to play the multiplayer, which I cannot do apparently. I know it was only $3.99, but come on. I only get "Busy" when trying to connect, and all of the servers show 0 latency. Here's to hoping it gets fixed soon. I was looking forward to playing actual multiplayer in this game because I never got to when it originally released.
Craxus: I bought this game specifically to play the multiplayer, which I cannot do apparently. I know it was only $3.99, but come on. I only get "Busy" when trying to connect, and all of the servers show 0 latency. Here's to hoping it gets fixed soon. I was looking forward to playing actual multiplayer in this game because I never got to when it originally released.
A gog.com employee said they are working on fixing the Dedicated Servers and also making the Steam version of Star Wars: Battlefront II work on Steam as well for the PC gamers who are having problems with the Steam version.

So just wait for a patch to get released hopefully this week or before October 2017 ends.
For those who want to buy Star Wars: Battlefront II:
GOG now provides two kinds of installers for this game.
One use Galaxy to support crossplay,
another is XP and Vista compatible, no Galaxy-based multiplayer mode.
The original version can (has for a couple years) be played online too with dedicated servers. Get the patch for it at http://info.swbfspy.org/
Thank god, now I can wear my favorite summer dress.

Oh wait that says Crossplay.

Shit.
yo when do we get a lag fix
GOG.com: A bridge across galaxies.

There has been an awakening... have you felt it? STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), the critically acclaimed shooter of massively entertaining warfare, has received a critical update. Powered by GOG Galaxy, the multiplayer function of the game has now been restored AND with added Crossplay support between GOG Galaxy and Steam to boot.

This long-awaited feature finally brings the entire STAR WARS™ Battlefront™ II community together, no matter which part of the galaxy you come from, so go ahead and jump into the fray.

If you haven't experienced it yet, now's an excellent time to get STAR WARS Battlefront II (Classic, 2005), either on its own or as part of the STAR WARS Saber Bundle. Don't forget to check out the rest of our Force-sensitive deals too, all part of our big Disney Completion Sale.
That is nice but does it incorporate the unofficial patch?

If now when is gog releasing an update that does?

I love that idea; but the multiplayer is really Lag now, i play the multiplayer before and dont was that laggie; PLEASE PLEASE fix the multiplayer, the gamers around the world will love you even more if you do that PLEASEEEEEE
There is only one more game that I would love to have the multiplayer restored: F.E.A.R.

Make it happen, GOG!
i dont see any games at all when i go into multiplayer
ooo
Post edited October 23, 2017 by Lyphian92
Multiplayer never works, always busy.

Multiplayer never works, always busy.
Post edited December 17, 2017 by Maverick89
I still have my original retail copy of BF2, I wish I could reclaim it here as I don't want to have to pay for it again. :(

In fact I have a whole lot of other retail Star Wars games such as Empire at War gold pack, Star Wars The Best of PC pack, KotOR II, and the two Force Unleashed games which I bought retail copies of back in the day.
Post edited December 18, 2017 by GrandMasterGoat

So I downloaded star wars battlefront 2 classic onto my computer and says it cannot run because I am missing a few files even though I have not messed with any of the files of the game. Is there any way to prevent this from happening or to fix it?