It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Feist
First time ever trying one of these, and I got Timelapse. Ugh.
HunchBluntley: First time ever trying one of these, and I got Timelapse. Ugh.
That game looks kinda cool, but it's not on sale so I still don't get why it's included in these blind box Star purchases. Maybe GOG will respond to my support ticket to provide clarification.
DassoBrother: I opened a support ticket since I thought it was an error that I got Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 and Requiem: Avenging Angel. The text says you'll get a game worth between that amount and in the Winter Sale but neither of those two are on sale. Is that not an error? If not that seems a bit sleazy, those games typically go on sale for less than 3USD.
What that means is that you won't get a game that you could've currently bought in this sale for less than the price of a star. I wasn't supposed to be a guarantee that every mystery game is currently discounted to a historic low price.
DassoBrother: I opened a support ticket since I thought it was an error that I got Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 and Requiem: Avenging Angel. The text says you'll get a game worth between that amount and in the Winter Sale but neither of those two are on sale. Is that not an error? If not that seems a bit sleazy, those games typically go on sale for less than 3USD.
HunchBluntley: What that means is that you won't get a game that you could've currently bought in this sale for less than the price of a star. I wasn't supposed to be a guarantee that every mystery game is currently discounted to a historic low price.
Maybe you're right, and that seems supported by lots of people getting games that aren't on sale, but their wording seems really bad. It literally says "contains a Mystery Game currently available in The Winter Sale for at least $3.29, up to $20.09", so I guess it comes down to what "available in The Winter Sale" means. I don't need it to be a historic low but I was expecting games which were actually on sale to be in the Stars.
HunchBluntley: What that means is that you won't get a game that you could've currently bought in this sale for less than the price of a star. I wasn't supposed to be a guarantee that every mystery game is currently discounted to a historic low price.
DassoBrother: Maybe you're right, and that seems supported by lots of people getting games that aren't on sale, but their wording seems really bad. It literally says "contains a Mystery Game currently available in The Winter Sale for at least $3.29, up to $20.09", so I guess it comes down to what "available in The Winter Sale" means. I don't need it to be a historic low but I was expecting games which were actually on sale to be in the Stars.
That wording was basically just a response to past mystery sales that they've done where it was possible for people to get a mystery game whose current price in the sale at that time (just buying the game normally) was equal to or slightly less than the price of the mystery box.
This actually even happened early this sale, but only because some games in the mystery pool were also mistakenly discounted in the sale.
All the Sam & Max games seem to be in the pool, as I've just got The Devil's Playhouse, which if I'm not wrong it hadn't been mentioned before.
Just ripped apart another celestial body, procuring a game absent from page 1 master list, Telltale's

The Walking Dead: Season 1

BTW... Has anyone popped a star and came up with a title from their wishlist? I got this weird hunch that the logic behind this (un)lucky draw purposefully avoids wishlist matches.
BeatriceElysia: Also, in the star pool there's Kim.
Damn that's lucky. Overhead view of ambiguous blobs aside, that game looks interesting to me.
My results from 3 stars:

Hector: Badge of Carnage
Toren
BIT.TRIP Core
Eventice: Just ripped apart another celestial body, procuring a game absent from page 1 master list, Telltale's

BTW... Has anyone popped a star and came up with a title from their wishlist? I got this weird hunch that the logic behind this (un)lucky draw purposefully avoids wishlist matches.
That should be easy to check -
1. Wishlist every title on GOG except the ones you want
2. Buy stars
3.???
4. Profit?
Eventice: Just ripped apart another celestial body, procuring a game absent from page 1 master list, Telltale's

Hunter65536: That should be easy to check -
1. Wishlist every title on GOG except the ones you want
2. Buy stars
3.???
4. Profit?
Hey! You must be a veritable genius! How didn't I think of this quick-n-easy check?

This is what Arnie said in this same situation... LOL
My star adventure has been interesting. I bought two (a bit low on cash right now). Well, I looked at the first one. I was wondering...would it be an indie pixel platformer? A classic from the glory days? It would at least be safe.

I clicked the first one and a bunch of wolves popped out. Scary, but also cool, as I am a fan of Space Opera (as seen in my avatar) so Star Wolves sounds good. OK. At least the next one might be a safe bet.

As I clicked on it, General Skunkape jumped out and grabbed my wrist yelling at me to call him Skun Kah Pay, not Skunkape. Oh, and when I went for pizza tonight, I asked why Meester Pizza had changed its name, and they gave me a really strange look when I ordered half passionfruit and pineapple and the other half with Watermelon only. Seriously.

Actually, thanks to that last star, I finally have all of Sam And Max with The Devil's playground. So Star Wolves and Sam And Max Devils Playground for $6. Disappointing? No, definitely not. Quite good in fact.
Post edited December 16, 2017 by ZapMcRaygunn
It'd be nice if would be possible to trade with non-downloaded unwanted mystery games. So GoG, will you hear us?
truhlik: It'd be nice if would be possible to trade with non-downloaded unwanted mystery games. So GoG, will you hear us?
I'd asked for a refund for the ones I didn't want back in the Pinata sale - and GOG was fine with that.

I am not gambling again, on the star ones, though, regardless.