It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Check out our latest Special Sale and discover great titles published by 505 Games.
Exemplary titles: Control Ultimate Edition (-75%), Ghostrunner (-60%), Journey to the Savage Planet (-60%)
End date: 22nd September 2022, 1 PM UTC
I think it's time to play Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. I own the game elsewhere, but for this price, it's probably worth to grab another copy (real one this time!) to GOG library.
WhatIsTheTruth: Haha the infamous "The Anchor" boss fight.
Found a reliable fix here.
Does not substitute for an official patch.
MarkoH01: Would not call a fix that apparently only works on a certain CPU reliable at all. I own the original and the ultimate edition. While I did not experience any problems with the original version I could 100% reproduce the CTD bug on the ultimate edition. 505 support was able to do the same and confirmed this to me ... unfortunately they decided to not fix it and sell the broken game as if nothing has happened at all. Such publishers should get sued instead of getting paid in my opinion.
I own the game as well and I have reported the issues my AMD system encounters.

Remedy Entertainment is the developer of the game and they have already looked into it.
They made an effort to patch it out on AMD CPUs but the results are obviously inconsistent.
At this point, I feel that they might have reached the peak of their capability to patch their software's faults, so beyond their point of reasonable effort, the publisher might as well just offer refunds.

Crashes still happen randomly, but are a rarity, while the specific fight is a 100% reproducible crash in my case, as well.
As I understand, there is no point in waiting for the developers to provide a reliable patch, so instead of cheating the boss fight, I preferred to change the CPU's affinities, using a workaround that is at least reliable for a line of AMD CPUs, but does in no way substitute for an official patch.

I condemn both the developer and publisher, for continuing to sell a game with a known propensity for crashing unfixed.
And since they can get away with it, I have developed a preference for not buying any of their products at full price, but only after being heavily discounted and thoroughly reviewed by early buyers.
I have very fond memories of certain PC releases, such as Batman Arkham Knight, Horizon Zero Dawn and Cyberpunk 2077, so I do so say for myself that I can recognize the basic signs of the level a developer's incompetence can reach.
Post edited September 17, 2022 by WhatIsTheTruth
WhatIsTheTruth: I own the game as well and I have reported the issues my AMD system encounters.
I own an intel CPU and also encounter the issues on the UE.

WhatIsTheTruth: Remedy Entertainment is the developer of the game and they have already looked into it.
They made an effort to patch it out on AMD CPUs but the results are obviously inconsistent.
Interesting that you got that feedback. When I talked to 505 or created my multiple tickets or my tweets to remedy I never got a single reply from remedy. Which is why I wrote an e-mail yesterday and told them that they obviously lack moral and ethics to still sell this broken version of a game. I probably won't get any answer but telling them how I see things makes me feel a bit better.

WhatIsTheTruth: At this point, I feel that they might have reached the peak of their capability to patch their software's faults, so beyond their point of reasonable effort, the publisher might as well just offer refunds.
Disagre, because the issue does not happen with the original version on epic. They simply need to compare both versions and they would see the problem and would be able to fix it. I was able to fix it myself by mixing the UE version with the original version I own on epic (don't know if you could also do the same with the original version from other stores).

WhatIsTheTruth: As I understand, there is no point in waiting for the developers to provide a reliable patch, so instead of cheating the boss fight, I preferred to change the CPU's affinities, using a workaround that is at least reliable for a line of AMD CPUs, but does in no way substitute for an official patch.
The only reason why this is not a game breaking bug is that it is an optional boss ... and the affinity workaround (which is also too complicated for people that don't know their OS that well), obviously is unablöe to fix the issue on intel CPUs. Mixing original (epic) and UE version (GOG) however works on intel as well.

WhatIsTheTruth: I condemn both the developer and publisher, for continuing to sell a game with a known propensity for crashing unfixed.
And since they can get away with it, I
Completely agreed. I still woder why customers can't sue publishers/devs with such practices. If you selll a broken car you can be sued ... if you sell a broken game you can't?

WhatIsTheTruth: have developed a preference for not buying any of their products at full price, but only after being heavily discounted and thoroughly reviewed by early buyers.
Ideal would be if such publishers/devs would not get any support anymore at all so that they'd go out of business, making room for good devs/publishers which luckily still exist ... I know this won't happen - but one can dream.

WhatIsTheTruth: I have very fond memories of certain PC releases, such as Batman Arkham Knight, Horizon Zero Dawn and Cyberpunk 2077, so I do so say for myself that I can recognize the basic signs of the level a developer's incompetence can reach.
Can't say anything about HZD but in the case of CP2077 and Batman Arkham Knight you could clearly see that they tried ... or at least are still trying in case of CP2077. With remedy I have the feeling that they have become arrogant - far away from the nice guy devs that want to make their customers happy which they were a long time ago. Same happened to Daedalic...
+1 for Death Stranding of course
MarkoH01:
When I said capabilities, might as well have mentioned their capacity as well. I can only guess why they won't touch the CTD issues further, since they are still present, but at least less prevalent.

I am just glad the community has figured out workarounds, even more so, since the final user has no agreed upon obligation to make a buggy software run properly or even wave their right to a refund in such a case.

I have no intimate knowledge of how developed are the legalities surrounding video game software, but the most infamous cases I happen to have heard of revolve around securing digital rights and combating piracy.

It's just what I am hearing from people who have transcented to the level of game modding and community patching, that it's impractical to rely their efforts on developer/publisher feedback/support.

It's not ideal, but I think of it the same as the recommended requirements each game has.
Where do the game's processing needs end and where does the developer's ability for optimization begin?
So where does a developer's whits end and where does the modding begin?

Every video and guide published, proving that a final user solved an issue a developer wasn't able to fix, just adds to the developer's incompetence, since the users affected do inquire and do notice.

Certain people are more sensitive and reserved about developer reputation and certain others don't mind at all, so I wouldn't expect certain developers/publishers to go out of business, as much as I wouldn't expect Valve, for locking product access behind a D.R.M. client (Steam), even though I would certainly not shed a single tear over their potential dissolution.

As in the cases of HZD and BAK, it is commonplace for games ported to PC to face technical issues, ending up taking more effort to patch, if at all and customers feeling cheated either way. It seems that there is great variation on how companies evaluate the currency of reputation.
Post edited September 18, 2022 by WhatIsTheTruth